PDA

View Full Version : Coker vs. Southwest

griffith_d
03-06-2003, 08:46 AM
I was looking at a particular Coker cue and the "hit" was compared to a Southwest. I went to many other sites and they said the same thing.

Does anyone have views/experience with Coker cues?

Griff

UWPoolGod
03-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Hey Griff, I went to Billiards-n-Bagels in Gresham, OR which has around 10 Cokers. I like their look so I tried out 7 or 8 of them. And in those that I tried I found that there was 3 different hits. My only advice is that you try out the cue before you buy. The one that I liked the most had the worst hit, and the worst looking one hit like a brick.

Todd

TomBrooklyn
03-07-2003, 01:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr>And in those that I tried I found that there was 3 different hits.<hr /></blockquote> UW, were the cues you tried out balanced differently or have different tips? Also, would how you felt about the hit have anything to do with the weights of the cues? -Tom

cacee31
03-11-2003, 01:58 AM
I am currently using a Coker cue. I have to say my Coker is one of the best cues, if not the best cue, I've ever played with. I've experience using Southwests. I've used about 4 of them. Compared to my friend's SW, my Coker offer more action for the cue ball. It is easier to draw and the cue feels very powerful striking the ball. Cokers have a slimmer butt diameter than SW. However, Cokers have more deflection than SW. Anyways, I love my Coker. For the money (about half of what SW costs), Cokers are one of the best deals on the market.