PDA

View Full Version : I was blind and now I see

Kato
03-07-2003, 02:20 PM
I've been in denial for an awfully long time about my flagging eyesight. Turns out I have astigmatism so nothing is really sharp. Today I got glasses and things are in focus. I'm wearing them right now to get used to them but for the first time in a while I'm actually excited about screwing my cue together and shooting stick. I'll be on the pool table in less than 2 hours.

Wonder what that's going to be like? Actually seeing things in focus.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
03-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Same thing happened to me when I started to wear contact lenses. I sort of had to readjust my aim since I could now see where my tip was! Before my lenses, I kind of shot on an as feel basis.

Wendy~~I can see clearly now...http://www.jamezbrown.com/mysmilies/contrib/geno/glasses.gif

Eric.
03-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Glad you got your eye's sorted out!

FWIW, as you know, I'm blind in one eye and don't see well with the other. I noticed that shooting pool with glasses forces you to be very good with your fundamentals. Specifically, where you position your head. Seems like it's easier to distort your view of the balls if your head isn't very consistant.

Eric >my distorted views

Kato
03-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey Eric /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I can't play any worse. It's gonna be nice seeing balls again in focus. My depth perception will probably be a little screwy but that's par for the course with me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato

Rod
03-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Well now you can see some of the women you have dated! LOL JK Kato, I'm glad you can see, your in for a few adjustments and good luck.

Rod

eg8r
03-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Congrats on the glasses. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just started wearing glasses when I moved out here to Tx. I cannot play with them on. When I am leaning over and taking a shot, my eyes are looking over the glasses when I look at the object ball and through the glass when I am looking at the CB. I get all messed up.

How have you been playing with them?

eg8r

Barbara
03-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Kato,

I know how hard it must be for you, you hottie with sprinkles, to be in denial about wearing eyewear for a real eye problem.

Sure, you're the kind of guy we see on those poster ads around the eyewear places posing and looking so suave and aloof, with that "je ne sais qa" kind of thing. But now you've confessed that you have a real vision problem. And we gals just thought that you kind of guys were just faking it. And you thought that holding that book closer to your face was just a cute way of peering over the edge to peep at .... BUSTED!!!!

Now, YOU'RE REAL! Hey Buddy! I've got astigmitism, too!! (but really bad, though)

You'll live though this. And just think of the women that will want to fog up your glasses for fun.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And hey! After I see my Dr in April, I'll be seeing through new specs and contacts!!

And maybe I'll be seeing you in May. And Voodoo, too!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Woohoo!!!

Barbara~~~still seeing Kato as Charlie Sheen with brown hair... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-08-2003, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I'm wearing them right now to get used to them but for the first time in a while I'm actually excited about screwing <hr /></blockquote>I'm so sorry, I didn't know your eyes were that bad..........Oh, "your cue together." /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif My Bad.
Well, at least now you can see. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, if your like me, you will end up looking over your glasses instead of through them, when shooting pool. So far, I can still shoot pool without my glasses. If you can not, you may want to consider the glasses with the adjustable bridge. Go to http://www.sportglasses.com/
I know there are several CCB'ers using these glasses and they seem to like them.
As you see, I have held onto the web address, for the day that I need them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

snipershot
03-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Glad to see you got your eyes fixed Kato, it will probably take a while to get used to seeing things in focus. Don't blame the glasses when you shoot bad /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif