PDA

View Full Version : Pool on TV- New trick shot show????

Wally_in_Cincy
03-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Pool on TV-all times EST

(subject to change as we all know)
===============================
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:00 PM ESPN2 Saturday, 8
Pool Trick Shot 60 min. Trick-shot competition in Baltimore. (VCR Plus+ 3742682)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color="red">Don't know what this is. Gonna tape it and find out </font color>
10:30 PM MTV Tuesday, 11
Big Urban Myth 30 min. Topics: <font color="red">pool fools</font color> ; the heavy brick; backpack crack; tans; and love potions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6:00 AM ESPN2 Sunday, 16
Pool Women's Tournament of Champions 60 min. The women's Tournament of Champions finals in Uncasville, Conn.
1:30 AM TCM Monday, 17
The Color of Money 120 min.
12:30 PM ESPN2 Monday, 17
Pool Sudden Death 7-Ball 60 min. Sudden Death 7-Ball action in Baltimore.
3:00 PM ESPN Monday, 17
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour final play in Alpine, Cal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color="red">Is this new? Anyone know?</font color>

1:00 AM ESPN2 Tuesday, 18
Pool Trick Shots in <font color="blue">Chicago</font color> 60 min. The Trick Shot final round in Chicago.
2:00 PM TBS Wednesday, 19
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Banks Shot 30 min. Will crawls to Philip for help after sneaking out on the town and getting hustled by sleazy pool sharks.
3:00 PM ESPN Wednesday, 19
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour finals in Peoria, Ill.
3:00 PM ESPN Thursday, 20
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour semifinal action in Albuquerque.
4:00 PM ESPN Thursday, 20
3:00 PM ESPN Friday, 21
Pool International Challenge of Champions 60 min. The final match of the International Challenge of Champions in Uncasville, Conn.
4:00 PM ESPN Friday, 21

Karatemom
03-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Hi Wally. Could this new trick shot show be from the Windy City Open that was held a couple of months ago? Just a guess.

Heide ~ will have to see if the hospital has ESPN2

03-08-2003, 12:22 PM
On the subject of recording billiards matches -- I would recommend that anyone who wants to collect televised matches invest in a Tivo or similar device. I used to tape them with the VCR, which was a manual process and prone to error, and I recorded a lot of duplicate matches without realizing it.

A month or so ago I bought a Hughes DirecTivo unit (I have DirecTV and this is the DirectTV tuner with built-in Tivo functionality). It allows you to instruct the recorder to automatically record ALL shows that match the criteria you specify -- in this case, Sports/Pool &amp; Billiards. And it will only record the same episode once, so no more duplicates. Every few days I check the list of automatic recordings, and am pleased to find several matches waiting for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif The quality is outstanding (in the case of DirecTivo it is a flawless digital recording in the same quality as broadcast).

You can also hook up your VCR to the Tivo and easily archive these recorded matches to tape for achival or portability purposes.

Just thought I'd mention it for those of you who may not be up-to-date on the latest consumer electronic gadgets. They are available in a stand-alone configuration for recording off-air and cable, and in DirecTV versions like I have.

David

Wally_in_Cincy
03-08-2003, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Hi Wally. Could this new trick shot show be from the Windy City Open that was held a couple of months ago? Just a guess.

Heide ~ will have to see if the hospital has ESPN2 <hr /></blockquote>

Hopefully Scott Lee might know about this. He hangs around Chicago sometimes.

Scott Lee
03-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Wally, I think the Chicago program is the "Trick Shot Magic" show, done by Matt Braun in Chicago last fall, at the ESPN Zone. The Baltimore show is probably the "world championship", where Massey won his latest title. I may have these things switched, but I think that's what they are. They have both run on ESPN several times before.
The segment on "pool fools" on MTV looks interesting!

Scott Lee