PDA

View Full Version : I Worry SPetty's Fallen And Can't Get Up

Sid_Vicious
03-09-2003, 11:57 AM
It's not like my friend SPetty not to reply to personal messaging. I am worried that after her Diamond Pro(BRAND NEW W/ DIAMOND LIGHT) was installed Thursday, that she might need rescuing, especially since I haven't gotten a "hell'yea it's up and playing like a Diamone should!" Reckon we ought to chip in for one of those pagers to see she's not collapsed from over playing? ;-) sid

Barbara
03-09-2003, 12:05 PM
Yeah Sid,

I pm'd her and haven't gotten back a response, either.

Hmmmm...

Barbara

Rod
03-09-2003, 12:22 PM
I wondered about that a couple of weeks ago. I was going to ask for a report on the new setup but figured it would happen in time. Well maybe SPetty is so busy entertaining that she doesn't have time for us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Either that or she hasn't missed a ball and is on one hell of a run! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
03-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Barbara,
I'll bet that she has gotten up in the middle of the night and walked out to the poolroom and turned the light on just to make sure it is still there.....LOL LOL.......she is still in the 'GOD ALMIGHTY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ZONE'........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Vapros
03-09-2003, 01:00 PM
If I had me a brand-new Diamond table with one of them Diamond lights over it, folks, I might not answer my e-mail either.

rackmup
03-09-2003, 02:47 PM
I just want to know a few things:

1. When do we fellow Texas players get invited over?
2. Will there be beer?
3. Will the tequila flow just as freely at her home as it does at any given pool hall?
4. If "yes" to questions 2 & 3, are there sufficient sleeping areas for overnight guests?
5. If "yes" to question 4, will breakfast be served the following morning?
6. If "yes" to question 5, I'll have two eggs over medium, some canadian bacon cooked crisp around the edges, flaky biscuits with a creamy pepper gravy poured over them, hash browns with diced onions and bell peppers (pour some gravy on those too), wheat toast (dark) with salted butter, coffee and orange juice.

Regards,

Ken (not asking for much and very easy to please if I get my way)

Rip
03-09-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm not going to steal her thunder but I did hear from SPetty the other day and she did mention something about getting up at 4am to enjoy the new toys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sure an update live from SPetty Pool Hall will follow soon.
Regards, Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> It's not like my friend SPetty not to reply to personal messaging. I am worried that after her Diamond Pro(BRAND NEW W/ DIAMOND LIGHT) was installed Thursday, that she might need rescuing, especially since I haven't gotten a "hell'yea it's up and playing like a Diamone should!" Reckon we ought to chip in for one of those pagers to see she's not collapsed from over playing? ;-) sid <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara
03-09-2003, 03:44 PM
You know, right after I had my table installed I had to go to work one night at midnight until 4 am. When I came home I went down to the basement and shot a couple balls.

It was heaven!!

Barbara~~~still does those midnight shots, too...

eg8r
03-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Wow, I will just have waffle.

[ QUOTE ]
wheat toast (dark) <hr /></blockquote> This answers the question...Why is there a setting on a toaster to burn toast? I guess Ken likes it that way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

SPetty
03-09-2003, 09:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHA - you guys are sooooo funny /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yep - the table arrived Thursday mid-morning. Then I had to go to work and then league, getting home around midnight. But, I got up at 4 a.m. to play on Friday morning before work, and have been playing pretty much ever since. (Sorry I missed the scotch doubles, Spiderman! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Okay, not really... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

So, I guess I gotta say "Hell yeah, it's up and playing like a Diamond should!" It's a great table, rolls true, rails are bouncy (notice that highly technical lingo), and the balls roll and roll and roll...

But (there's always a but, eh?) one of the drawbacks of being a CCB regular is that I (think I) know a little something about how the Simonis should be installed, and it wasn't done right. Not horrible, I guess, but not right. And, the Aramith Super Pro ball set has a mismatched eight ball, and it has a red circle instead of the Aramith logo cue ball. Is that right? A dime fits under the rail - is that right?

Bitch, moan, whine. My gawd, am I morphing into a real pool player - complete with all the bitching, moaning and whining? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, it sure looks nice, though, and plays even better. Better than any table I've been on. I'll see if I can get a picture up if anyone's interested...

To Rod: Entertaining? Entertaining myself!

To cheesemouse: 'GOD ALMIGHTY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ZONE' hahahahaha - yep, that's so totally true!

To Rip: You thunder-stealing bastard! (My gawd, am I morphing into a real pool player - complete with all the bad language? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

To Barbara: Yep, it's heaven!

To Ken: See next post!

Thanks for the concern guys. You're just too silly. I'm just having way too much fun on a real table this weekend!

SPetty~~~the PMs have been answered...

SPetty
03-09-2003, 09:51 PM
I just want to know a few things:

<font color="blue">Not just fellow Texas players (including all those greater Houstonians and greater Austinites), but Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico... It's a short flight from Phoenix and Las Vegas, right? Not too far from New York by air, eh? Great time of year for a road trip from Florida... And I know it's not too long of a flight from Cincy... Two or three weeks from now...</font color>

2. Will there be beer?
<font color="blue">If you bring it.</font color>

3. Will the tequila flow just as freely at her home as it does at any given pool hall?
<font color="blue">How does that go? "Um, duh!"</font color>

4. If "yes" to questions 2 &amp; 3, are there sufficient sleeping areas for overnight guests?
<font color="blue">There's some space under the Diamond Pro... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've got two sets of camper hookups, plenty of floor space in PettyPoint Pool Hall, or a nice wooden deck if you want to sleep under the stars! Sorry, the guest room's not quite ready yet.</font color>

<font color="blue">Well, I've got a gas grill. Bring your cast iron skillet and we can make something happen. We have some chickens, so we can have "farm fresh eggs".</font color>

6. If "yes" to question 5, I'll have two eggs over medium, some canadian bacon cooked crisp around the edges, flaky biscuits with a creamy pepper gravy poured over them, hash browns with diced onions and bell peppers (pour some gravy on those too), wheat toast (dark) with salted butter, coffee and orange juice.
<font color="blue">Yum, sounds good. Bring enough for everyone and make me some too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty~~~I'll post a little later with a serious invitation to help me break in my new table!</font color>

rackmup
03-09-2003, 10:22 PM
I eat the toast most people throw away. Burnt toast drenched in butter...lots of butter.

Regards,

Ken

Rod
03-09-2003, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Spetty, It's a great table, rolls true, rails are bouncy (notice that highly technical lingo), and the balls roll and roll and roll...
<hr /></blockquote>

Lol I like bouncy maybe Diamond will put that in their brochure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm glad you like it and the Artemis cushions, er note not rails. Heck yes we want to see a picture, post er up here!

Rod

Rod
03-09-2003, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a short flight from Phoenix and Las Vegas, right? <hr /></blockquote>

Nope, No planes headed that way, I just checked outside. lol

SpiderMan
03-10-2003, 01:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
It's a short flight from Phoenix and Las Vegas, right? <hr /></blockquote>

Nope, No planes headed that way, I just checked outside. lol <hr /></blockquote>

Don't be hurt, Rod never goes anywhere. Las Vegas is right down the road from him, and I can't talk him into driving over in May to hang out with us!

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
03-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Susan,

I could be talked into making my famous Texas chili, but I don't sleep under pool tables.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I just want to know a few things:

<font color="blue">Not just fellow Texas players (including all those greater Houstonians and greater Austinites), but Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico... It's a short flight from Phoenix and Las Vegas, right? Not too far from New York by air, eh? Great time of year for a road trip from Florida... Two or three weeks from now...</font color>

2. Will there be beer?
<font color="blue">If you bring it.</font color>

<font color="blue">How does that go? "Um, duh!"</font color>

4. If "yes" to questions 2 &amp; 3, are there sufficient sleeping areas for overnight guests?
<font color="blue">There's some space under the Diamond Pro... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've got two sets of camper hookups, plenty of floor space in PettyPoint Pool Hall, or a nice wooden deck if you want to sleep under the stars! Sorry, the guest room's not quite ready yet.</font color>

<font color="blue">Well, I've got a gas grill. Bring your cast iron skillet and we can make something happen. We have some chickens, so we can have "farm fresh eggs".</font color>

<font color="blue">Yum, sounds good. Bring enough for everyone and make me some too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty~~~I'll post a little later with a serious invitation to help me break in my new table!</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Sid_Vicious
03-10-2003, 02:38 PM
SPetty starts pouring the Quervo and everyone graciously accepts, including Spiderman and ol' Ken, we're likely to find him AND rackmup under the table like Steve Martin and John Candy in Planes-Train-Automobile! "Those AREN'T PILLOWS!!!" Makes me wince in pre-agony thinking about it, but be dam sure of one thing...I'm having evidence in a digital photo for this board ;-) sid

Gayle in MD
03-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Hi there, and a big congratulations !!! I know you will love your Diamond Pro. Wish I could have waited for the Artemis cushions, didn't have those when I ordered my table, /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif but I still love it. If you really think anything is not right, let them know about it, they do stand behind their work. BTW, what size pockets? Did you get the pro cut? Which wood finish did you select? WOW, I'm so excited for you, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif guess we're table sisters now, huh?

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Knows we won't be hearing as much from S. Petty for a while...

Tom_In_Cincy
03-10-2003, 06:00 PM
How very nice that you considered the CCB boys in CINCY. It must be true that Texas has a big HEART.. named SPetty

Rod
03-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Hey watch out that comment resembles me! You never know and of course neither do I right now.