PDA

View Full Version : OPINION ON ESPIRITU CUES?

03-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Please can i get som opinions on the new cue line Quality, craftsmanship, Value for purchase any problems? Thanks

cycopath
03-09-2003, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gcrown22:</font><hr> Please can i get som opinions on the new cue line Quality, craftsmanship, Value for purchase any problems? Thanks <hr /></blockquote>I've held only one in my hands, the quality of work and materials was excellent. I didn't play with it though, so I can't describe the hit. Nice cues though. You can't go wrong with a quality custom cue maker.

ceebee
03-09-2003, 05:20 PM
All of the CUE Makers make nice Cues. The hit is in the balance of the Cue, the tip material &amp; of course the SHAFT taper &amp; material. BUT even the best Cue isn't a Magic Wand, great players can play with broom handles... Find a Cue you like &amp; keep it.

JPB
03-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Check older posts. I asked about these cues a month or two ago and got some responses. I don't have any personal knowledge of them (which is why I asked) and decided to go with something else - so I don't have one to review. GL.

03-09-2003, 07:22 PM
I don't own an Espiritu, but Russ re-finished a Meucci cue for me approx 10 years ago, before he was making many of his own. He was a nice guy, very professional, and stood behind his work. I would give his cues serious consideration if I was in the market for one.

woody
03-09-2003, 08:38 PM
I own one and they hit beautifull. It is packed away and I don't play with it. I will warn you on them. Russ seems to have a problem with the wood shrinking causing the rungs to pop through the finish. Mine has been refinished twice and they are popping through again. A friend has just purchased one, the look is beautifull but I can feel the rings through the finish. My opinion is to check them out but beware. LOL.

03-10-2003, 10:48 AM
I recently bought a low end Espiritu and you can now feel the prongs on mine also. So far they haven't popped through the finish and it doesn't seem to effect the play. Let me say that I am very happy with the hit and feel of this cue. But I'm not sure if I should try to send it back or wait until it gets worse or try to sell it???

Since I noticed this, I have picked up just about every cue I see at the pool hall. Everyone looks at me like I'm a fool when I start groping /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif their cues. What I have found however, is that about half of the cues I pick up seem to have inlays or prongs which can be felt thru the finish.

Some of them are worse than others and I have grabbed every major brand of cue and some customs. My Espiritu, sorry to say, is the worst of all the cues I have inspected. Also, I take proper care of my cues, I don't leave them in the car all week to get hot cold hot cold hot cold....so I don't feel like it is anything I have done to it.

Anyone else have a experience with this?

Chris