PDA

View Full Version : cue repair problem any advice greatly appreciated

03-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Hello,
i've noticed the hit on my favorite cue slowly bcome diiferant..less solid. after spending quite a bit of time trying to figure out what the problem was i finally held the joint with shaft on with a backdrop of bright light. it's a flat faced joint, 5/16 pin. well i noticed that the collar of the shaft and the joint were not meeting up, giving an effect a bit like the cue wasn't screwed in all the way. i have 5 shafts for this cue and noticed that all do it to a degree, some worse than others but a problem with all. the wood portions meet up ok but i can notice it bends at the joint with gentle flexing. fully explains teh change in hit. the wood portion pokes up a tiny bit. even screwing the shaft on overly tight doesn't help. do collars shrink over time? i've had this cue for well over 10 years. is this a common problem? anything i can do to fix it myself? i'm hoping some of the cue repair posters will help me out. i would prefer to do the work myself as i really enjoy working on my cues. this problenm has me stumped.
sincere best regards,
^v^

BLACKHEART
03-10-2003, 10:35 PM
CHECK YOU E-MAIL...JER

03-11-2003, 02:03 AM
thank you Jer, i got your e-mail after a little trouble and sent you a reply.
thanks again,
best regards,
^v^

03-11-2003, 02:12 AM
p.s. if you reply again please use my www.redwinebluebird@yahoo.com e-mail instead. it seems microsoft has awhile to go to get spam filters right.
best regards,
^v^