PDA

View Full Version : Airway tourament - Good news/Bad news

ShayneinDayton
03-11-2003, 08:49 AM
I played in out local $5 9-ball tournament last night at Airway Billiards. Double elem., race to 3 on the winners side and race to 2 on the losers. They bill this as the toughest $5 tournament in the country (might be a few to question that, but it is a tough tournament).

Good news - 71 entries ( they've been getting over 70 a week)
Bad news - I drew my instructor first round.
Good news - I like to play him, I like the challenge and it gives me a chance to show off my improvement.
Bad news - He beat me 3-0. I did shoot very well though.
Good news - I mowed through 6 people on the losers side getting beat by the 7th. I was getting out from everywhere.
Good news - I finished 9th
Bad news - They only pay to 6th
Good news - They give sponsored prizes to 7th - 12th
Good news - I got a nice Bud Light beer glass.
Bad news - It was empty.

Later
Shayne

Kato
03-11-2003, 09:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ShayneinDayton:</font><hr>
Good news - I got a nice Bud Light beer glass.
Bad news - It was empty.<hr /></blockquote>

Bummer. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato

cheesemouse
03-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Shanye,

The thing I miss most about not living in metropoliitan area is the cheap entry weekly events that are vertually every night of the week somewhere. It has got to be the cheapest pool lessons a player can get anywhere. For a little cash one gets to play some of the best in the area and even if you have no chance of winning it is the best investment an advancing player can make. In a years time you don't even have the price of a decent production cue invested. What a deal....keep up the good work you lucky devil....LOL