PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and Medalist 9' tables

03-11-2003, 08:58 AM
I'm considering buying a used Hollywood or Medalist 9' table. Both go for about 2,000 moved/setup and re-clothed. I just talked to someone who basically slammed the Hollywood table saying the frame of the table does not go to the edge of the slate. He also said it probably has Korean/Chinese stone and not slate. I know nothing about tables. Any info concerning these tables would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

Pizza Bob
03-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Don't know anything about the Hollywood table, but if the Medalist you're talking about is a Brunswick Medalist, it's only one step removed from a Gold Crown and is considered a commercial table. I'd go for the Medalist. Just my $.02 worth.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Fred Agnir
03-11-2003, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moswald:</font><hr> I'm considering buying a used Hollywood or Medalist 9' table. Both go for about 2,000 moved/setup and re-clothed. I just talked to someone who basically slammed the Hollywood table saying the frame of the table does not go to the edge of the slate. He also said it probably has Korean/Chinese stone and not slate. I know nothing about tables. Any info concerning these tables would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>I don't know what a Hollywood table is. If the Medalist is a Brunswick Medalist, then I'd go with that one. The Medalist (the new version, not the antique version) was based on the Gold Crown, but had different legs to have more of a home table look.

A skyview of a Medalist looks exactly like a Gold Crown.

Fred