PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with Texarkana and odessa,Texas

Vagabond
03-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Howdy Texans,
The day after WPBA event in Mississippi,Iam on my way to the west.I wanted to spend monday night in the pool hall in Texarkana and checked into LaQuinta.I was told that the pool hall is not in buisiness( shut down).Next day started driving on I-20.Stopped at my favorite place John Leslie`s Pick pockets in BigSprings.I looked for a guy who beat me and took 300$ in sep 1986.He is not there to get my money back.Then back on the road.I stopped at Billy Weir`s Billiard Palace in Odessa.I rented the 9 foot diamond and practiced for a while.I pulled some of my regular tricks.No one asked me for a game.I was disapointed and walked out.Usually Texas is not like this.Texas is synonym for pool.Our President GW also plays pool.Rackemup,are u reading this? Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

03-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Was that pool hall in Texarkana downtown in the basement of one of the buildings? I was raised in southeast Oklahoma, and Texarkana was the closest place to find a decent pool game. When I was home in the summers during college, I'd make at least 1 trip a month there to play. It was a club, so you had to buy a membership, but I was desperate, so it was worth it!

eg8r
03-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey Vagabond, I am not sure where Odessa is in relation to Fort Worth (and I am too lazy to check it out) however I am sure you can find some game here or in Arlington. There are some great 1p players in Arlington and they all play for money.

eg8r

Vagabond
03-12-2003, 06:17 AM
Howdy,
I was told that now there is sports bar with tables and also the bowling ally has tables.I do not care much for pool in bowling ally.I feel that pool is degraded.
Odessa is next to Midland where our president GW grew up.Billy Weirs is a very good room but for it`s low grade men`s rest room.To avoid eg8r and rackemup and other champions I did not stop in DFW area.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
03-12-2003, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To avoid eg8r and rackemup and other champions I did not stop in DFW <hr /></blockquote> Awww come on. LOL.

eg8r

Ward
03-12-2003, 07:26 AM
Ed
It's about 300 miles west of FT.Worth...

Later
Ward

eg8r
03-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Thanks. I guess he must have been really worried about the DFW contingent. He did not stop driving for another 300 miles. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~For the record I am just a mascot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif The others are the ones that play

03-12-2003, 01:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Howdy Texans,
The day after WPBA event in Mississippi,Iam on my way to the west.I wanted to spend monday night in the pool hall in Texarkana and checked into LaQuinta.I was told that the pool hall is not in buisiness( shut down).Next day started driving on I-20.Stopped at my favorite place John Leslie`s Pick pockets in BigSprings.I looked for a guy who beat me and took 300$ in sep 1986.He is not there to get my money back.Then back on the road.I stopped at Billy Weir`s Billiard Palace in Odessa.I rented the 9 foot diamond and practiced for a while.I pulled some of my regular tricks.No one asked me for a game.I was disapointed and walked out.Usually Texas is not like this.Texas is synonym for pool.Our President GW also plays pool.Rackemup,are u reading this? Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

i think i understand what's wrong. odessa is in oklahoma. we deeded it to them when the oil ran out. had a girlfreind move there many years ago and she reported that her initial observation that there is no water within 500 miles was wrong. found some in the toilet.

dan

HalSmith
03-12-2003, 02:35 PM
Dan you hit it right on the nose about Oddesa it's not the end of the world , but you can see it from there
.---Smitty

03-12-2003, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HalSmith:</font><hr> Dan you hit it right on the nose about Oddesa it's not the end of the world , but you can see it from there
.---Smitty <hr /></blockquote>

see it from there? well shoot, a groundhog standing on a stump could see canada from there. if they had any stumps.

dan

Sid_Vicious
03-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Used to be a small, private place on State Line Street in Texarkana where Cowboy Calvin woulda' gave you 9-ball trouble. Maybe that place closed, it wasn't much to see but I found it fun since I threw Calvin's name around and got a free pass on membership for the night, Calvin happened to be running bar at the time, and he graciously let me in. That was 5+ years back though...sid~~~Odessa,,,do NOT drink the tap water

03-12-2003, 09:37 PM
That's the place. I haven't been there since '89. I always liked Texarkana ('course, when you're from Southeast Oklahoma, anything's an improvement). I had a lot of good times there.