PDA

View Full Version : Meucci's are made in the Philippines!

ArNz
03-11-2003, 11:50 PM
I'm in the Philippines for a trip and guess what? Went to Pampangga and they sell Meuccis, no, not a copy but originals. They are being made here in a secretive place. I was shock after knowing that Meuccis are so expensive in the US. Right here you can get them cheap thru contacts if your lucky. Heheheh... busted!

SpiderMan
03-12-2003, 10:32 AM

03-12-2003, 03:04 PM
Dear MR ARNZA, Welcome to the board and your first post, and may this be your last post. If you are going to Slander a fine mfgr with crap like this, you need a keeper. Son before you go running off the deep end, next time get some friggin facts.

Meucci's can be sold all over the world, every cue mfgr of note has international sales. So what if you find a dealer in Hong Kong selling them, that means nothing. You say there is a secret factory, but you did not see it, you just repeat this secret rumor. You are so full of horse dung here you stink.

Until you have proof of this I suggest you shut up. Bob Meucci is well aware of the people you saw, they are liars, and they are making illegal copies of his cue, which is why they can sell them so cheap. Illegal copies of Bob's cue are being made in China, these people over there are ripping off handbags, watches, clothes, CD's, it is a billion dollar business for them. Bob can't stop them, because they are in a foreign land, he can only act if they begin to import to the US, this illegal copy.

I have been in Bob's factory in Sledge, Mississippi, every cue, is made there by American's, for American's, something Bob is very proud of. Every piece & part of Bob's cues, comes only from America. I know of what I speak of, son, you don't have a clue and you owe Bob a big apology. Never repeat a story, unless you get the facts, you could be repeating a lie.
I am proud to play with a Meucci, and I am proud to be a friend of Bob Meucci, a great American, now you all gang up on me over this & throw mud on both of us, if you get your cookies off doing this. At least, you know where I stand on this issue. www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com)
Fast Larry Guninger VINI, VIDI, VICI......HA HA HA, REAL FUNNY, COLD STONE BUSTED HIM, YOU Turkey, you get my dumb S*** of the year award for this post, hands down.

Voodoo Daddy
03-12-2003, 03:17 PM
196 posts in less than a month...unreal. I'm not bashing you Larry and I dont know you or need to. It just seems that you love your own opinion, A LOT!!! Just an observation...

bluewolf
03-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Larry,

Thanks for the clarification.

Laura

03-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Dear Vooo doooo dad dee, then save me some time, and you straighten out these bozo's trashing a great cue, all you can see in this is to trash me, you did not learn a damn thing here did you. I am going out of town on the road, the board is your's, Hasta La Vista, Baby..... Fast Larry

bluewolf
03-12-2003, 04:09 PM
What I have learned here is this:

Some people I like their personalities better, some less. But I do not put any energy into REALLY not liking anyone.

What matters is that everyone here knows more about pool than I do. From the ones I like I get friendship. From everybody, I get to learn about pool.

I guess when you are a begger for knowlege like me, you dont get to be much of a chooser. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Laura

qSHAFT
03-12-2003, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>YOU Turkey, you get my dumb S*** of the year award for this post, hands down.<hr /></blockquote>
Larry, you are too modest... you are the undisputed title holder of this award with your "Eric and Jason are raving homosexual post". Wish I could be a VF for the meeting.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=64747&amp;page= 3&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>Dear Eric da addict, who also lives with da Bozo, are you two faggots sweeties or sometin, did he ask you to jump in &amp; try to help him out here. You post a tribute to drugs &amp; your name is addict, let me see, I aint da sharpest knife in da kitchen , but even me can figure dis one out. I'll be in NYc after the Hopkins, maybe I'll drop in on use two at the faggot bird cage saloon where you two ferries work &amp; have Max the Wonder Dog tear off your skirt of sometin like dat, don't mess with my wa, I dont like tail gunners. both of you two losers go drop dead.... Fast Larry<hr /></blockquote>

bluewolf
03-12-2003, 04:19 PM
UHOH 'boil boil toil and trouble'

better go hide under my pool table

/ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-13-2003, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote qSHAFT:</font><hr>

Larry, you are too modest... you are the undisputed title holder of this award with your "Eric and Jason are raving homosexual post"....
<hr /></blockquote>

Larry's fixation with homosexuality and transvestitism is, to me, rather unnerving.

ArNz
03-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Hahaha... Yes it's TRUE! They are made here, maybe the older ones are not but the other newer ones are. You know Ronnie "Calamba" Alcano? IF so ask him where to get cheap Meuccis that are not FAKE. It's in Pampangga! Bob Meucci oprates there. He's the one who gave us the place and it's true. My friend owns one and yes its NOT fake! Eat your heart out!

Cueless Joey
03-14-2003, 10:20 AM
I don't know if this is true but why would anyone make fake Moochis? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Meucci cues get dissed more than any other cues. I've read Bob is going to close his factory and will go back to making cues by himself. But, this has not been substantiated.

Big_Jon
03-14-2003, 10:59 AM
I don't care what anybody says, meucci's are junk, they always will be junk and always have been. I've never found a meucci that even came close to being an all around good cue, no amount of money could lower me to playing with a soggy peice of driftwood turned down with a tip.

Thanks

Jon

wolfsburg2
03-14-2003, 11:39 AM
meucci has name recognition among tourists. that's why. non-players, or uninformed players will buy it off of the fact that they have heard of them before.

Cueless Joey
03-14-2003, 12:35 PM
True but why clone a Meucci? I'd clone a Predator or a Schon or a Joss. These three are prolly just as recognizable and have better reputation than Meucci.

wolfsburg2
03-14-2003, 12:44 PM
i think meucci is the most recognized name in my area. i think the others are a little more of a players cue, where the newb's don't really know them.

Harold Acosta
03-14-2003, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> .....but why clone a Meucci?
<hr /></blockquote>

Hmmmm, lets see....IMO cloning a Meucci is much easier than a Predator or Schon because it is made of such cheap quality that you couldn't tell the difference between a Meucci and the fake, unlike a Predator or a Schon which would be much more difficult to imitate....

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Steve Lipsky
03-14-2003, 01:40 PM
Just for the record, I think Meuccis play great.

To be fair, though, I have not played with one in about 5 years. So if their quality has suffered I wouldn't know.

- Steve

03-14-2003, 03:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> [unlike a Predator or a Schon which would be much more difficult to imitate....

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif <hr /></blockquote>

ok, who are you and what have you done to harold??? the above quote came too close to being a predator compliment to be the real harold.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dan

Voodoo Daddy
03-15-2003, 05:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> Dear Vooo doooo dad dee, then save me some time, and you straighten out these bozo's trashing a great cue, all you can see in this is to trash me, you did not learn a damn thing here did you. I am going out of town on the road, the board is your's, Hasta La Vista, Baby..... Fast Larry <hr /></blockquote>

Poor Larry...obviously a lil confused about Voodoo. Peoples opinions on this board range and I for one will never attempt to "straighten out the BOZO's bashing a great cue". I'm not a Muecci fan at all, nor I was I pointing them out either. My direction was right at you Larry, I didnt trash you...I voiced my opinion and I did it without a 4 mile diatribe pontificating my knowledge. Lastly, the board is not mine...its all of ours. I dont hate you Larry nor am I mad at your comments towards me BUT I wouldnt push the issue either. Hope you had fun on the "road".....

Harold Acosta
03-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Houstondan:

You cannot even comprehend the agony I was going thru while typing that reply. The mere thought of the "Predator" was making me grind my teeth. Don't know how I did it but the post went through....not without having side effects....my jaw hurts like hell!

Deeman
03-15-2003, 10:19 AM
You know, maybe, just maybe the fake ones in the Philipines won't have the same problems the ones made in Mississippi do!

Dee /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eg8r
03-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Ha Ha. I love it Dan. I was saying the same thing while reading his post.

We love ya Harold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Harold Acosta
03-15-2003, 07:17 PM
eg8r:

Who would want to waste a nice piece of maple by splicing it up in 10 pieces, gluing it together, putting some inlays, nylon, rings, a uniloc joint, etc. to sell as a knockout Predator? Too much waste of time! That is why I believe the Predator cannot be imitated!

There, I feel much better now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

03-15-2003, 08:51 PM
I feel it is unjust to ever trash a person, or a product, by simply repeating some wild rumor that has no basis in fact or proof. Until one of you goes into that factory &amp; comes out with pictures &amp; proof, I think you all should let this one ride, &amp; concentrate on something important, like trying to learn something on this board that may help you play better.

A lot of these people at Meucci are hard working fine loyal americans with kids &amp; families to support, they don't deserve this, and they don't need to be trashed by green carders who are illegally stealing their product, then coming into this country &amp; bragging about it. I hope most people can see through this, if you can't, hey dude, I can make you a real good deal on a new Gucci handbag &amp; a new rollex watch, I just got in from their secret factory at Stanley in Hong Kong, and I bought them cheap.

I also have a deal I would not give to my own grand mother, a solid gold watch just for one buck, step right up my boy, such a deal, such a deal, this watch is direct from the Alps.

A sucker and a moron are born every minute, and both will believe every cock &amp; bull story they hear, at least the sucker does, it is the moron who repeats it.
Fast Larry

Carlton31698
03-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Quote Fast Larry
I feel it is unjust to ever trash a person, or a product, by simply repeating some wild rumor that has no basis in fact or proof. Until one of you goes into that factory &amp; comes out with pictures &amp; proof, I think you all should let this one ride, &amp; concentrate on something important, like trying to learn something on this board that may help you play better.

A lot of these people at Meucci are hard working fine loyal americans with kids &amp; families to support, they don't deserve this, and they don't need to be trashed by green carders who are illegally stealing their product, then coming into this country &amp; bragging about it.
I agree with this Larry and I respect your opinion , But Meucci does have a major problem with quality control. You can pick up almost any Meucci cue from $200 to $2000 run your hand over the points and feel every veneer and inlay. I have never seen a Meucci that had points even close to even.

I want say anything about the playability of the cues because that is subjective to each players likes and dislikes, either you like the way they play or you dont. This can be said for any cue made.

I have owned or played with close to a hundred different cues over my life, I have tried every major cue maker except Predator, and a fair number of custom cues. By far Meucci has the worst quality control (of American made cues). Just my opinion.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfsburg2
03-16-2003, 06:50 AM
but, but, they are made by hard working americans /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif