PDA

View Full Version : Bungee jump cue??

Predator314
03-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Has anyone used the Bungee jump cue that they sell on seyberts? I'm looking for a good jump cue. Any recommendations on other jump cues?

Perk
03-12-2003, 09:30 AM
I cant vouch for the site you mentioned, but if it has a Bunjee name, I can attest to their cues. I personally dont own one (for the moment), but have used one many times. 2 people that are at my weekly tourneys carry one. They jump really well IMO.

I am fairly proficient with jumping using my current shooting cue (Predator 2k1), of which some people have problems with. For the extreme jumps that require height fairly quickly, I borrow their bunjees. I believe that accuracy is fairly easy. I never practice with one yet I can pick one up with good results. I would imagine that if you owned one personally and practised you could make it a real high percentage shot.

So to stop rambling, IMO a bunjee is good jump cue.

cheesemouse
03-12-2003, 09:33 AM
I got one two months ago, I think it was $79. It works fine but I would suggest you download the 'how too instructions' from the Internet(I couldn't find the link). Like any new tool you have to practice with it. I found I have to pick and chalk after every use.

Predator314
03-12-2003, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr>
I am fairly proficient with jumping using my current shooting cue (Predator 2k1), of which some people have problems with. <hr /></blockquote>

Wow... I can jump the ball with my McDermott cue (which I don't carry anymore, but my Helmstetter with a Predator shaft and my new Predator 2 cry when I even think about jumping the ball. I use a house cue to jump (I only do this when in a really tight spot. Normall I kick at the ball).

Perk
03-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Yea...if its a High/Short jump shot, House cues or my cheap sneaky pete get the call, but I still use the 2k2. Different tables also play a roll in my decision on which cue to use. I probably will get a short jump cue (Bunjee), but I want to stay good with the long cue, in case rules regarding jump cue use change.

breaknrun1
03-12-2003, 09:46 AM
The bunjee jumper is a great jump cue. I have tried several others (J&amp;J Players, Lucasi) and would recommend the B/J over all of them. Not being one to jump (I usually prefer to kick), I was able to jump a ball as close as 1 ball width away in a matter of minutes. It is fairly is to aim with and the only problem that I had was jumping too high!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You might be a little disappointed with the quality of the cue (mine had runs in the clear coat and the ferrule wasn't flush with the shaft.
A paper that comes with the cue on how to jump even confirms my last statement. They said the cue is performance based and not quality based. I got mine to $40 from a guy I work with and love it. It is a great weapon once you get use to using it. Give it a try !!

Predator314
03-12-2003, 09:57 AM
I'd like to find one for $40. The things cost like $70-80.

eg8r
03-12-2003, 11:09 AM
I guess my first reply would be... Do a search. There should be plenty there for you to read.

I love the Bunjee. I have said it here many times. While I do not jump very often, I am perfectly confident every time I grab my Bunjee. I have not used other jump cues to compare, however I would recommend the Bunjee first (why recommend a competitor if I never use them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
03-12-2003, 12:54 PM
I have a National brand D21 BJ cue. It jumps balls like crazy. I got it as a replacement from some outfit I found on the internet that sold Stratford cues. They swaped it for a brand new Stratford D21 I had recieved as a gift that was warped.

I couldn't jump a full ball with a regular cue until I started jumping balls with the BJ. Using it helped me develop a better stroke for jumping with a regular cue.

bluewolf
03-12-2003, 02:47 PM
I am sure I will eventually fork out the money for one and would want to know which ones are good.

But at my stage of development, I think masse shots are way kooler /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura