PDA

View Full Version : Black Belt Billiards

Predator314
03-12-2003, 10:03 AM
I just wanted to say how nice of a book the Black Belt Billiards is. It's spiral bound which makes it easier to work with. It has some real nice drills too. I just bought this book the other day. It was shipped quickly via priority mail. This book can really help out your pool game if you put some time into it. **This is not spam, it's a testimonial I guess. I'm not affiliated with the author**

Black Belt Billiards (http://members.aol.com/blkbeltbilliards/)

Wally_in_Cincy
03-12-2003, 10:40 AM

I got that book Thursday. I've only gotten thru a small part of it but so far I like what I see.

Wally

bluewolf
03-12-2003, 12:20 PM
I have it too. I love it. It is easy to take to the table as a work book.

Laura

TomBrooklyn
03-12-2003, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> It's spiral bound which makes it easier to work with. <hr /></blockquote>It makes great sense to make a pool instructional book spiral bound. Maybe publishers will take note of the usefulness and popularity of that kind of binding.

Rod
03-12-2003, 12:58 PM
It makes great sense to have it bound that way. People don't want to practice with weights to keep a book open.
I have a 1936 spiral bound cook book and the binding is still in good condition.

~~~ rod, now if I just knew how to cook! lol actually I do

jjinfla
03-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Sounds too good to pass up so I wrote the check and will send it out tomorrow. Hope Steve receives the letter and will sign my copy. Jake

9 Ball Girl
03-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Hey Predator! I told ya you'd like it! It's easy to carry around with you, and it's simple yet very effective. I love that you can write notes on one side and have the diagram on the other. My "special" friend endorses the book too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy&lt;---can't wait to meet Steve!

socrates
03-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks to all for your kind words.

Glad you like the book.

Enjoy the Journey.

Fran Crimi
03-13-2003, 12:44 PM
I'm sure you know how I feel about your book, Steve, being that I just got a bulk order from you.

I'm using it as a workbook in my lessons with students and it's extremely helpful in giving them something to strive for.

I think your belt system is very clever and my students love the idea of shooting for a higher level.

I'm enjoying it myself, challenging myself to do things at the highest level. Sometimes I'm not so successful and it shows where my weaknesses are. Not telling. Ha!

Thanks again, for your contribution to our sport. It's a great book and I'll be using it with my students for a long time to come.

Fran

03-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Ditto for me on this book! I am just starting down my personal path to better pool, and I can already tell how valuable this book is going to be to me. I feel like an infomercial, but something like this is worth twice the price (if not more!). Thanks Steve!

This book was worthy of my first post to this forum.

Scott ~~ unfortunately having trouble getting my white belt with this "zero tolerance" drill /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jjinfla
03-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Checked out your website and tried out that 9 ball drill against the ghost and lost 9-7 and missed the 8 ball but that is probably beginner's luck for me and will probably lose 9-5 or 9-6 from now on. Then again... And I hope you have some banking and kicking drills because that part of my game really sucks. Jake

AustinFilAm
03-14-2003, 11:02 AM
Steve,
Since it has been positively endorsed by the CCB posters, I went ahead and ordered mine. With the help of your book and diligence on my part, I hope to improve my game like others did.

Best regards, Angelo

TomBrooklyn
03-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Hey Steve,

Any plans to sell your book through Amazon.com? I like to buy books from Amazon.

socrates
03-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Tom:

I have this on my task list, for after this tax filing season, to check into the feasability of putting the book on Amazon and/or ebay.

If anyone has a point of contact or insights into how to go about accomplishing this and would not mind taking a moment to drop me a line on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

socrates
03-16-2003, 08:01 AM
Tom, sorry for the delay but the thought just occurred to me that perhaps one of the reasons you liked ordering books from Amazon is the ability to order with a credit card.

If this happens to be the case I just wanted to make you aware that in addition to ordering via check or money order through the mail the book can also be ordered using a credit card via Pay Pal directly from the web page. Orders are shipped via priority mail which is normally a 2-3 day turnaround.

I still plan to look into amazon and ebay after tax season.

snipershot
03-16-2003, 11:28 AM
I have been considering getting this book for a while now, but I've heard alot of good things about it and I'm sold!
The fact that it's spiral bound is just icing on the cake for me.