PDA

View Full Version : Table size measurement

SPetty
03-12-2003, 10:20 AM
Could someone please point me to where I can find the bumper-to-bumper measurements for tables?

I bought a table that is supposed to be a seven foot Valley Cougar, but I'm tellin' ya, it's a six foot. The guy that sold it to me swears it's a seven foot.

How can I know the difference? The long measurement bumper nose to bumper nose is 6'2".

I want a seven foot Valley Cougar just like they play with in Vegas. Anyone know those dimensions?

Rod
03-12-2003, 10:30 AM
SPetty,
Here is a link to RSB. I just did this the other day and I forgot where I found it. lol At 74" it sounds correct.
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/sports/billiards/faq/

Rod

Troy
03-12-2003, 10:33 AM
A 7 foot table can actually be either 38" x 76" or 40" x 80" measured from bumper nose to nose.

Troy...~~~ Info from Meueller's catalog
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Could someone please point me to where I can find the bumper-to-bumper measurements for tables?

I bought a table that is supposed to be a seven foot Valley Cougar, but I'm tellin' ya, it's a six foot. The guy that sold it to me swears it's a seven foot.

How can I know the difference? The long measurement bumper nose to bumper nose is 6'2".

I want a seven foot Valley Cougar just like they play with in Vegas. Anyone know those dimensions?
<hr /></blockquote>

SPetty
03-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks, Rod, but I didn't see the dimension for the 7' table there.

If 6'2" is a seven foot table, what are the proper official dimensions for the table that we lovingly call a 6' table?

Rod
03-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Fred, Tom or someone will be around with an exact link. 6 footer, I have only played on 2 in my life. Those are dinky little things.

Rod

Fred Agnir
03-12-2003, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Could someone please point me to where I can find the bumper-to-bumper measurements for tables?

<hr /></blockquote>
It looks short. Most coin-op 7' tables are 6' 8", bumper to bumper. I'll have to dig out an old e-mail, but I'm pretty sure I got confirmation from Valley that their 7' models are 40" x 80" playing areas.

Fred

Fred

Rod
03-12-2003, 11:45 AM
SPetty'
I checked with a friend that owns a valley. His is 80x40. At 74" that one is a little short. I wonder what happened to the rest of the table? Sorry about the prior mistake. Maybe this is a 6 footer.

Rod

Ken
03-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Valley makes a table called the "Tiger" which comes in a six and one half foot size. Your measurement is more consistent with that size. If it has no coin mechanism it may be a Tiger:

http://www.staramusement.com/valley.htm

If you know for sure that it is a Cougar then that measurement sounds wrong. You should be able to find the model number and compare it to the ones at their website:

http://www.dynamo-ltd.com/valley/valleypooltemplate.asp?id=64

They give outside dimensions that you can compare to your table. I would assume VNEA is using the smallest, CP-C-JM, with outside dimensions of 88x50 although I don't know for sure. It's probably the most common bar size.
KenCT

Wally_in_Cincy
03-12-2003, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Fred, Tom or someone will be around with an exact link. 6 footer, I have only played on 2 in my life. Those are dinky little things.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

I know a place that has one. C &amp; C lounge, Ross OH (6 mi. south of Hamiltucky) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The place has 2 tables. We play on the 7-ft. during our league visit there. My teammates always bltched about how big the table was at the C &amp; C. I told them it's exactly the same as all the other places. Turns out they were practicing on the 6 footer which made the 7-footer look big.

ok, later

Eric.
03-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Try this link:

http://www.bestbilliard.com/resources/specs.htm

Just for ho-ha's I stopped by a couple of local ginmills to see. I took my cue and laid it on the table from the edge of the bumper. There is roughly 1 1/2 ft of space left over. My cue is 58" long. These were 7 ft tables. I then checked out my Gold Crown, did the same thing and came up with this- If I lay the cue at the bumper edge to measure, I get 1 and 3/4 cue lengths. On a 9 ft table it "should" be 2 cue lengths, minus about 6 inches.

Why are tables like this? That is a question for P A T R I C K /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Eric &gt;should have just used a tape measure

Eric.
03-12-2003, 02:45 PM
http://www.biljardexperten.no/shopelement.asp?aid=6182&amp;pid=2285

specs are at the bottom:

"Spilleflatemål: 190x95cm. Vekt: 296kg"

Divide the cm figure by 2.5 to convert to inches.

Eric

SPetty
03-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Hi Eric,

Where on earth did you find this? This is almost exactly the table they brought out - cute little thing, isn't it?

The measurements shown convert to:
74.8031 X 37.4016 inches

Mine measures
74.1875 X 36.75 inches

Pretty darn close. Thanks, Eric.

Looks like I may have had a miscommunication with my dealer. I told this knowledgeable dealer that I wanted a 7' Valley Cougar like they use in Vegas. Maybe it's the "like they use in Vegas" that's causing the problems.

I believe I'll go back to him and refine my request to include "40 X 80" and see if we can work this thing out...

Thanks y'all! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif