PDA

View Full Version : Question about Skip Weston custom cues

cacee31
03-13-2003, 02:10 AM
I've read many good things about Skip Weston's cues, but I've never actual seen one in person. Has anybody ever played with a Skip Weston cue? From the pictures I've seen, his points and veneers seem to be very well done. Even and Straight. Any input would be greatly appreciated? thanks allot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

03-13-2003, 09:56 PM
I haven't played with one, or seen one in person, but I researched his work a few months back when I was deciding on a new cue. I ended up going with a Chris Nitti, but Weston's work appears very nice as well. He has a unique way of producing the veneers on his points. You can check out some of his work at pooltablemagic.com and cuecollector.com. Both have some very nice examples.

NBC-BOB
03-23-2003, 10:13 AM
I have a skip weston cue since about 1990 or 91.I know skip because he use to play in a room in Wayne NJ.He's a very good player and combines that with his cuemaking abilities.
My cue has 2 shafts and lots of Ivory on it.I also have a Helmstetter, and palmer cue that I've compared it to.I don't think the hit on the weston cue is as solid a hit as the palmer though.But then again the palmer has a metal joint and the weston has an Ivory joint, so that may account for some of the difference.I seem to play the same with all 3 of my cues.