PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturers' Warranty Service ????

03-13-2003, 12:14 PM
I'm writing to see if others have had the unfortuneate need to seek warranty service for their cue . Recently I have , and have not recieved the service I expected . Quite possibly I did not get the quality I expected when I purchased the product . All too often I hear " You get what you pay for " . Which is probably true . I wish I could have had somewhere to turn , to do some research . A place where owners of different manufacturers products , particularly cues , could post their opinions . My experience so far has been not a pleasureable one , requiring warranty service . My displeasure is with Meucci . I purchased a cue , model 97-9 , retail price of $415.00 . Upon using it for the first time , a problem resulted . The shaft split along one of the laminations . Meucci , being one of a few , if not the only manufacturer , who uses this type of shaft construction . The second attempted shot , the first being breaking a rack of balls , left a splinter embedded into my finger . I was in shock . This chain of events happened in front of fellow players , who had just spent time admiring my new " toy " . I proudly boasted my new cue , only to have it fail , and I became a laughing stock . Peer pressure can be cruel at times . I was embarassed . I thought as time passed , the wounds would heal , people would forget ..... Not so . My cue shaft has been at Meucci for over 6 weeks , adding to disgust . Numerous phone calls have been made to them , to no avail . Messages have been left on their voicemail , seeing seldom if ever , they answer their phone . No return phone calls have been recieved . One would expect better customer service than that . In the one time I was able to speak with a real person from the warranty department , I was informed that they are having numerous problems with their black dot shafts . I was informed there was only one person doing repairs . Their problems are now mine , which I didn't expect . I wish before making the decision to purchase their product , someone would have shared any similar experiences with me . I would have been more cautious in deciding to do business with them . I am hoping to make people aware , so perhaps , they will not be disgusted as I . Anyway , thanks for allowing me to vent ...... Feel free to respond , to share your thoughts and views ..... Bill

Rod
03-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Downandout,
No I've never had the problem with a cue but there are other items that have their problems to.

You should copy and paste this in the pool forum, you will get more replies. This link is just to answer questions for newbies to the board.

Rod

Alfie
03-13-2003, 08:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> This link is just to answer questions for newbies to the board. <hr /></blockquote>...about the board

04-08-2003, 11:19 AM
I understand your frustration. I own several Meucci Cues. Last year I sent one to them for a new shaft. After many repeated calls and broken promises I did get it back. Almost 5 months later.

The killer is that I called them the day I sent it and was told it would take a maximum of two weeks. I sent it Fed-ex and verified they received it two days later.

I will not purchase any more Meucci Cues because of this. Not even for my collection. (Unless it is a really old one.)

Bottom line. If you want good service DON'T go with Meucci.