PDA

View Full Version : Angry Management Class for Pool Players

03-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Hello to all

The sad side of playing. Everyone on this site loves to play pool. I know I do and my team does to.

Hear it goes; Well last night we had our Wed. night 8-ball APA league night. We are tied for first place with this team so we knew we had to play our best pool. to get to the point we lost our first three games. The forth game I played and won. The last game is where the mood went down hill. The last game matched a 5 against a 5. My team mate played a real good match beating the other guy four straight. During the match the other guy was getting very upset and saying this table f'n suc!! telling us we need to get a better table like a 4 1/2 x 9 the one they have. It went on & on. He was banging his stick on the floor saying more f this f that to the point that my wife heard him from the other side of the bar. I could go on & on but I am sure you all get the point.

The funny thing is that the first three players he put up kicked our buts three straight. They did not complain about the table.

My guest is that the table must have taken on a new life between match four and five. I am sure if you asked the first three players they would have said the table was fine. which is a typical rented coin operated 4 x 8.

REMEMBER ALL, WE PLAY TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. YES WE ALL WANT TO WIN SO WE TRY TO PLAY OUT BEST. SOME OF THE BEST PLAYERS GET THERE BEHINDS WHIPPED. THAT'S LIFE; LIVE WITH IT AND COME BACK TO WHIP SOMEONE'S ELSE'S BEHIND. KEEP THE FOUL MOUTH UNDER CONTROL. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A BAR ATMOSPHERE DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO USE THE F WORDS.

WE ARE ALL HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME

ON A GOOD NOTE THIS IS MY SECOND NIGHT PLAYING WITH MY NEW "LONGONI" CUE. I LOVE IT GREAT CRAFTMANSHIP GOOD FEEL.

HAVE FUN
"SHOWMAN"

snipershot
03-13-2003, 08:25 PM
I know lot's of people who get mad when their getting their butts whipped, but they manage to keep their emotions in check, for the most part at least /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. It sounds like this guy was upset because of the way he was shooting, just about everybody has seen someone throw a childish fit when they are shooting bad, I guess some people have a hard time keeping their emotions in check.

03-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Just as Snipershot said, it sounds like he wasn't too happy with the way that he was hitting them that night, and blamed the pool table...cause it deffinitely wasn't him. Honestly, when I see someone throw a temper tantrum, it makes me laugh, because it's so ludicrous. Now, that said, I have been known to get rather heated from time to time while shooting, but, I try to keep it to myself (doesn't ALWAYS work), and be a gentleman about it. Others, such as one rather sporty player in this area, just have no concept of gentlemanly manners at the pool table. I do believe that I heard him cussing out Jesus's unborn children at one particular point in a match...I couldn't help but laugh. It was like watching those hidden camera prank videos...as if he didn't even know how much of an idiot he was making himself into. Either way, lose your cool and develop a loose lip, you are going to "sink the ship" as they say, because as your vocabulary goes down the drain, so will your game.

03-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Unfortunate, but you see this behavior in other sports as well. I joked on one of the other threads about having an excuse for playing poorly, but that is too common in the pool hall. I know a particularly strong player (VERY strong) that comes up with some of the wackiest excuses for playing bad, or just missing a shot. But, you don't hear him yell the f.. word frequently, either.