PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Theater for Pool Hall Junkies?

Photoguy
03-13-2003, 11:22 PM
I know that in the next wave of Pool Hall Junkies openings on March 19th, San Francisco is supposed to have it. Does anybody know which theater it will show in? Anybody seen a trailer in a theatre or a movie poster promoting it at a particlular theater?

Scott Lee
03-15-2003, 01:19 AM
It will likely be fairly wide release. It opened and has been playing at 22 theatres all over the Chicago area. I wouldn't expect anything less in S.F. It doesn't start for another week. You should start seeing newspaper ads next week, for the Friday opening.

Scott Lee

Popcorn
03-15-2003, 08:05 AM
They don't seem to be doing any advertising at all. I have seen a few of the people in it on talk shows recently and they did not even mention being in the movie. It will be a miracle if this movie makes any money at all, maybe on video. I don't think it is going to produce any boost to pool at all. We will have to see what happens this week if they spend anything on advertising. It played at a local film festival near me when it opened with almost no attendance. I should not speak, since I did not bother to go see it myself. I will see when it comes to video.