PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get this email?

Popcorn
03-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Did anyone else get this email, know these people or what it is about?

WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP SPREAD THE WORD TO OTHER BILLIARD BUSINESSES ABOUT WHAT WE ARE DOING! I HOPE YOU WILL HELP US DO THAT!

Hello! My name is Kathy and I am the Director of Heart 2 Heart Connections a non-profit organization. Our goal is to reach out to youth. We place a emphasis on youth that are from low income families and youth that are considered to be at risk.

We have started a new program and our seeking supporters for this program. We are doing a Youth Billiards Program. We plan to take youth and equip them with Billiard supplies and training to become knowledgeable players. The youth will have a mentor. We will be using a Billiard Room we have selected for this program. Upon success of this program we plan to expand to other Billiard Rooms across the nation.

We believe that the youth will benefit from this sport and so will the Billiard business. We are helping new generation to acquire a love for Billiards and Snooker. If you can help us out by advertising with us it would be greatly appreciated. Please let others know what we are doing. We want to grow this organization big and help Billiards become the number 1 sport in America.

We have applied for many grants some of which are match grants. This means they will match the amount we raise up to a certain amount.

In order for us to reach our goal we are making an advertising wall and drive. We are asking businesses to purchase bricks. We will have their names put on the bricks.

You can also purchase bricks in memory or in honor of someone.

We will be having different levels of advertising as stated below.

Level Amount

Bronze $25-$50

Silver $51-$100

Gold $101-500

Platinum $501-$1000

Double Platinum $1001- and up

Some businesses have agreed to place a jar out for donations for the youth. If you are interested in advertising or in helping please contact me. The contact information is below.

Remember we are a non-profit we can provide a tax id number and receipt.

Thank you,

Kathy Patton Williams

360 Stonecypher Street

Cornelia, GA 30531

(706) 776-0059

bobs@hemc.net

Wally_in_Cincy
03-14-2003, 10:07 AM
Not many specifics there.

What the heck, sign me up for a grand /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="red">We are helping new generation to acquire a love for Billiards and Snooker. </font color>

Are there a lot of snooker tables in Georgia? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~doesn't know too many snooker-playing youths.

Deeman
03-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Maybe Fast Larry could check this out for us. He's in the neighborhood.

Hopster
03-15-2003, 03:38 PM
If no ones heard of it before its probably a scam. You got these worms who read these boards and try to come up with anything for a quick hit.
I used to get similar stuff because of some of the gun boards i used to post on.

heater451
03-15-2003, 03:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> &lt;snip&gt;

Kathy Patton Williams

360 Stonecypher Street

Cornelia, GA 30531

(706) 776-0059

bobs@hemc.net

<hr /></blockquote>I didn't get the email, but the area code (706) is northern Georgia.

The @ddress appears to be connected to http://new.hemc.net/

You could always give them a call. . . .

=======================