PDA

View Full Version : Opine/Compare: Modern Dance and Ballet

TomBrooklyn
03-14-2003, 12:30 PM
What is your opionion of modern dance and ballet? For instance, which one do you consider the more stilted? Which one the more boring to watch, meaningless and/or contrived? Other?

Rod
03-14-2003, 12:54 PM
I'm not qualified to answer that question. lol Asking me is like asking Fred Flintstone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-14-2003, 01:20 PM
I am a big advocate of dance as a visual art. I prefer the type where the chrome pole is utilized by the young ladies.

Done to the soundtrack of "She Drives Me Crazy" by the Fine Young Cannibals or "Black" by Pearl Jam it's quite a sensory overload.

snipershot
03-14-2003, 01:28 PM
I too am not qualified to answer that question.

nAz
03-14-2003, 01:32 PM
wally done to "black"? now that i never thought of, i have to request that!

Wally_in_Cincy
03-14-2003, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> wally done to "black"? now that i never thought of, i have to request that! <hr /></blockquote>

Don't forget to tip the DJ.

Actually that's my dream job-DJ in a ti**y bar. Sigh....

TomBrooklyn
03-14-2003, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snipershot:</font><hr> I too am not qualified to answer that question. <hr /></blockquote>Eh, you guys just don't want to give an opinion because you are worried it might bump up your score on the Gay-o-meter.

SecaucusFats
03-14-2003, 08:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> What is your opionion of modern dance and ballet? For instance, which one do you consider the more stilted? Which one the more boring to watch, meaningless and/or contrived? Other? <hr /></blockquote>

Either art form can be truly awesome, or absolute garbage.

Good dance is good theater, poor dance is being forced to endure an experimental dance troupe's stuff just to indulge a sibling's and friend's intellectual masochism.

I shall speak no more of this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Secaucus Fats

Rod
03-14-2003, 09:02 PM
lol how'd you know. I think Wally had the right answer for me too. Nothing like spinning around those chrome poles!

Gayle in MD
03-15-2003, 09:57 AM
Gee Tom,.... boring, meaningless, contrived, none are adjectives that I could ever apply to watching artists dance. Someone must have required your presence at countless recitals over the years, LOL.

Of all things that can be said about dancing, doing it is more rewarding than watching it. It's like whistling, you can't whistle and not be in a good mood, lol.

Modern dance and ballet, each a legitimate art form, each physically demanding, and beautiful to watch, IMO.

Now if we were talking about watching basketball, I could understand those adjectives, lol.

Gayle in Md, also loves the dancing in the Michael Jackson Thriller Video.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif