PDA

View Full Version : Bert Kinister

Wally_in_Cincy
03-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Bert Kinister has his $10 sale this month. Any tape for $10 plus shipping (I don't know how much shipping is, the print was too small).

And as cueless joey and I predicted, at the top of this month's ad in P & B there's an announcement:

Bert Kinister defeats Mika Immonen at Derby City 15-13 <font color="red">(Edit correction: The correct score was 7-6, which was stated in the ad. My mistake) </font color>

Wally

Steve Lipsky
03-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Wait... I thought the Derby City 9-ball races were to 7, no?

- Steve

Predator314
03-14-2003, 02:38 PM
I don't see anything about it on his website.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-14-2003, 02:52 PM
DCC 9 ball was a race to 7 even in the finals

TomBrooklyn
03-14-2003, 05:09 PM
Where does one go to order?

What 3-4 tapes would be most recommended for a C player?

Tom

socrates
03-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Tom you might consider.

Sixty minute workout for 8 ball and 9 ball.

The Mighty X.

The short game.

The Rectangle of Doom (2 tapes) - although I would consider this an advanced tape, professional player Neils Fein performs the excercises on this tape so you get to observe a very high quality stroke and it introduces some good concepts that I personally found helpful in my pattern play.

jjinfla
03-15-2003, 07:57 AM
Bert's 60 minute workout tape is jam packed with a lot of very good practice shots. Just skip #3 where he shows the full table power draw - I still think that is done with mirrors (LOL). And he makes it look soooo easy. You can go to his website - bertkinister.com - and see a list of all his videos and then there will be his phone number. And if you call you will talk to the man himself. Jake

Deeman
03-15-2003, 09:58 AM
Did anyone decide if and where Bert has a $10 sale on his tapes??

Dee

Hopster
03-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Is this all of his tapes ? Hes got some good matches of the older players that would be worth it to see for that price.

TomBrooklyn
03-15-2003, 04:47 PM
I ordered 60 Minute Workout, Lesson 1. Cost was $10. + $7. S&amp;H. It gets shipped in 7-10 days. You can only get one tape at the special price.

Bert said one is supposed to have the proper magazine that has the special offer, but I never did find out what magazine that was.

Steve Lipsky
03-15-2003, 08:38 PM
I don't know... I will say that I have not yet seen the ad, but if Wally is correct and he is indeed advertising the wrong score in his promo - then that's just awful.

One of the reasons that I still haven't made the trek to Derby City is because I'm not enamored with playing races-to-7. Anyone can win a race that short. For Bert to be advertising that he beat Mika in a race-to-15 is a little crazy.

- Steve

jjinfla
03-16-2003, 06:03 AM
Gee guys, if it is that important then why don't you just call Bert up and ask him. Sometimes, and I know you will find this hard to believe, the stuff that appears in print is not exactly what has been submitted by the author. But I thought it was pretty common now in dbl elim tournaments not to play two matches at the end but just one longer race between the finalists. Jake

Steve Lipsky
03-16-2003, 10:53 AM
JJ, they didn't play in the finals. They played very early in the tournament.

As for Bert submitting the correct score and the magazine changing it (even by accident) - this does not seem very plausible to me. I could see if one of their writers went to the tournament and reported the score wrong, but not for them to edit an ad submitted by a third party.

But, as it appears that I am the only one this bothers, I will leave it alone now.

- Steve

TomBrooklyn
03-16-2003, 10:56 AM
It's bothering me, too. I wan't to know how Bert Kinnester beat Mika Immonen.

socrates
03-16-2003, 05:15 PM
For those who were interested, the add in front of me reads:

"Bert defeats 2001 world champion &amp; defending derby city champion Mika Immonnen at the derby city classic 7 to 6."

Steve Lipsky
03-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Thank you, Socrates. That clears that up. Wally - better adjust those reading prescriptions /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif...

- Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
03-17-2003, 08:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote socrates:</font><hr> For those who were interested, the add in front of me reads:

"Bert defeats 2001 world champion &amp; defending derby city champion Mika Immonnen at the derby city classic 7 to 6."

<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry guys. My bad.

Sometimes all this stuff running around in my head gets jumbled. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally~~admits his mistakes, however rare they may be /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dardusm
03-17-2003, 02:02 PM
I watched the match between Bert and Mika. Bert played very well early and went up like 6 to 2. Mika came back to tie on the hill and missed a very makeable 7 ball down the rail to lose the match. The equipment was pretty tight.

Darryl

SpiderMan
03-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know how Bert fared in succeeding matches?

SpiderMan