PDA

View Full Version : Pool Instuctors

bluewolf
03-16-2003, 08:28 AM
I have this beef.

I learned a lot from scott about the stroke, bridge etc. I might not have kept the cb pause but when a person is a better pool player than me there is lots to learn. Scott is also nice.

I learned a lot at randy gs pool school including stroke, draw with tangent, stop shots and other things. I did not like the pause on the backswing but I liked the other stuff. Again, he is a better player than me and a nice guy.

Enter Fast Larry. I absolutely adore him and think he has things to teach me which are unique to him.

Why do I have to choose? If someone says Larry or randy or scott, why not learn all that I can from whoever I want. I only see scott and randy once a year so it is not like I am hoping around.

I might not be experience but I am smart enough to try different things and keep what works and trash what doesnt.

I have never been in a clique for the same reason. I dont want anyone dictating who I like, who I hang with, how I dress or anything else.

To me, what is going on with certain instructors fighting and exchanging insults is very upsetting. I just want to get good at pool. I do not care if you like each other or not. And I am tired of reading about it.

It just seems that when I described what things I was taught and what worked or didnt certain people used that as an excuse to insult each other and btw, it does not matter who insulted first, it takes two to tango.

disclaimer-not seen randy in any fights. he is pleasantly quiet.

so if i have offended any one here and you all ditch me as a student, that is too bad. I will get good at pool with or without you!!!

Laura /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

eg8r
03-16-2003, 10:05 AM
I am sure others will reply, but I am first. LOL

I think you bring some of this on yourself but that is no biggie. You are the best advertisement on the board. Free advertising by word of mouth.

Anyways, <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bw:</font><hr> Why do I have to choose? <hr /></blockquote> Who asked you to choose?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bw:</font><hr> what is going on with certain instructors fighting and exchanging insults is very upsetting. <hr /></blockquote> I understand you adore Fast, but I believe he is the one that has started all of this. There have been many people here who have taken lessons from many instructors. They have all been on the board one time or another relaying anything they felt useful. I cannot remember a time when a board member trashed the person posting or the instructor. I just cannot remember a time, until in walks Fast Larry. His mouth is so fast that he cannot hit an enter button and uses his slang talk in his writing. I am no english instructor but his writing looks no better than how Twain portrayed Huck. Once Fast got here, he started bashing every teaching style.

I am not sure if you remember him coming on here but he has been the instigator the entire time. Everytime someone says something he blasts them and then hides behind Mosconi and Greenleaf. I ask you this...If Fast Larry spoke Phillipino (not sure of the spelling or language:) ) do you think he would be praising Effren and Busta? You bet your butt he would. He would proclaim them to have greatest everything. There are plenty of people that do not teach Effrens stroke or bridge or whatever. Dare they disagree and Fast would blast them then cry wolf when he gets it back. Fast is the biggest instigator we have had in awhile and he knows it.

I would suggest you go and do a search of all his posts, and count the number of times he states (not sarcastically) others teach it one way and I teach it another way, but learn the best from both. He has never done this, he states everytime, that others teach crap and he teaches the holy grail. If you decide to take lessons from him, that is fine more power to you. Just remember all the things you have already learn that do work and see what Fast shows you that works.

eg8r

wolfsburg2
03-16-2003, 10:09 AM
i say don't choose. take in all you can from as many sources as possible. that will give you the best well rounded game.

rackmup
03-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Where was he when registration wasn't mandatory?

Was he just sitting at home in his boxers in front of his Mac Commodore 64 wishing he could trash every other instructor who had the courage to post an opinion?

Did he not understand how to register?

Was his information simply not of any value to pool players?

Or was he one of the many anonymous trash-talkers who would hit &amp; run between here, AZB and Playpool, expousing his thoughts but not being man enough to sign his name?

I don't know...personally, I've ignored his posts ever since reading his first ramblings here at the CCB.

He appeals to the newer players (like bluewolf) and others (who don't know better) that are actually of the belief there is an instructor who possesses the "Holy Grail" of pool.

HINT:

The Holy Grail was sold to a pawn shop in Riverside, CA. in 1973 and was never reclaimed by it's owner and has since been sold as scrap metal and melted. The last I heard, it was being molded into paperclips.

Take all of the lessons you want (or can afford), take the bits and pieces that work and toss out the rest. Then, PRACTICE with a fervor all that you have learned.

Finally, take a couple of Tylenol for the headache "pool overload" will give you. There is more to life than pool, like:

<ul type="square">
Spiced Pecans.
Pitchers of beer and meeting friends in Florida.
Sick friends in Illinois.
Spring weather.
Mexican food.
Pretty women.
[/list]

Regards,

Ken

TomBrooklyn
03-16-2003, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Who asked you to choose? <hr /></blockquote>Fast Larry said don't be a bee, flitting from flower to flower.

03-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Dear eg8r, I love Texas, and texacans, have spent a lot of time there, have a lot of family in Oklahoma, came from that part of the country. Sorry you dont like my posts, and you are doing the right thing, when you see one, dont read it, just fast forward over it, then you dont have to read things that are contrary to what you believe them to be, and then you remain happy.
I'll try to do the same thing with your posts also.

To eg8r, you are so full of S*** you put a Xmas turkey to shame, where do you get off I did not register, I did, and saying I dont sign my name and am hiding, I sign my damn name, it is Fast Larry, everyone knows who I am and what I stand for, go to the web, www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com), nobody's hiding here dude...

Every post I made this Turkey jumped me, and I kept saying, toss mud on me, I will toss mud back on you. When he get's off my back, I get off his, it's a simple deal.

My teaching concept, is totally different from what these other guys are pushing. When I graduated from the BCA teaching school, and fully learned what these principles were, It was so opposite of what I knew &amp; taught, I resigned from the organization, because I could not in good conscious promote a system I felt was not correct. So I did the honorable thing, I left, and I 0pened my own school, The Power Source Pool School, and I can teach &amp; promote what I know, and no other outside group of people dictates to me what to say or do, or what to teach or who to promote, or who to trash.
Larry does not teach anything, he only repeats to you what the greatest players &amp; hall of famers of all time did &amp; taught, so when you begin to trash me, you are trashing Greenleaf, Mosconi, Hoppe, Cuelemans, Steve Davis, etc, etc.

Have you ever for one second, even considered the possiblilty that I could be right, that there are people out there, teaching pool all wrong, and that I could be on a break through here, by showing how it could be done better. Why do you all fear this truth coming out?

When somebody jumps on me &amp; begins to trash me, I dont see you running to my defense, but let me defend my self, and you are quick to find fault. I realize you are in the enemy camp, and I don't wish to win you over, just stay there, you will be happy there.

There are some people who are learning things from me, and they are afraid to jump in &amp; defend what I am teaching, because when somebody does, all you people do is trash them, which scares others from doing the same thing, saying what is on their minds too.

It would be lovely if this board could be used by professional instructors &amp; advanced level players, to expose some of the things they know &amp; feel would be helpful tips to beginners or to intermediates. It would be just fine with me if 6 different people, voiced 6 different ways to do a thing, a debate is good. But when those people voice a concept that is different from yours, dont jump on them and trash them, and that is what goes on this board.

I am more than willing to do that, if others will do that.
I will state my teaching concepts, and ask the other instructors to not tear into me like a pack of hungry wolves.
I'll let them post their concepts, and I will stay off of &amp; out of their posts, as long as they are not dumping on some concept that I teach. As these guys are obviously your pals &amp; you are in their little clic, get them on the horn &amp; make peace. When I make a new post on a thing they dont agree with, and they jump on me, then I expect you sir, to come to my defense &amp; chastize them, let's be fair to all, and not have one set of rules for them, and another set for me, which duct tapes my mouth shut, which is what they really want to see happen. Like I have said, over &amp; over, it's a simple deal, dont throw mud on me, and I wont throw mud back on you.
Fast Larry Guninger, see, this is my fargin name, go to my fargin web site to prove this, www.fastlarrypool.com. (http://www.fastlarrypool.com.)

bluewolf
03-16-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I am sure others will reply, but I am first. LOL

Anyways, <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bw:</font><hr> Why do I have to choose? <hr /></blockquote> Who asked you to choose?

eg8r
<hr /></blockquote>

Go back and read Fast last post on the pause thread and you will have your answer. Like I said I see scott and randy once a year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my getting an instructor to work with during the rest of the year. But Noone is going to tell me that I have to ditch randy and scott for them to work with me. There are other fish in the sea.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
03-16-2003, 12:47 PM
"...and btw, it does not matter who insulted first, it takes two to tango."

I can't think of anything to add to this...sid

TomBrooklyn
03-16-2003, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I can't think of anything to add to this...sid <hr /></blockquote>Brevity denotes authority!

Troy
03-16-2003, 01:08 PM
You really do need to lighten up Mr. Larry. You must be frustrated, you answered Ken Rackmup's post by addressing Eg8r.

Mr Ken Rackmup is above the 80 percentile in humor, above the 90 percentile in "wordsmithing" and about 99 percentile in wit.

Also, he loves a challenge so keep at him... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A word of wisdom however, don't compete with him half armed.
Troy...~~~ Has "seen" Ken Rackmup in action on this and other boards...

wolfsburg2
03-16-2003, 01:34 PM
you seem to suck the fun out of this board.

rackmup
03-16-2003, 04:13 PM
Troy,

Thank you for the kind words. Fast Larry is safe however. I am semi-retired from the "Battle of the Wits" game.

Remember...I said "Semi-Retired" so be v-e-r-y c-a-r-e-f-u-l.

I do have some words of advice for Fast Larry:

Make friends with eg8r and ask him to update that terrible website of yours. My kids could do better. So, for that matter, if eg8r turns you down, I'll forward your website needs to my kids.

Regards,

Ken (aka "rackmup". Get it right.)

rackmup
03-16-2003, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where do you get off I did not register, <hr /></blockquote>

The question was:

"Where were you when registration wasn't mandatory?"

You only began posting a little over a month ago. And, the majority of those posts were self-serving at best. But hey, it's okay with me...even your ego has to eat.

Regards,

Ken

wolfdancer
03-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Larry, I appreciate your writings about pool; tips,tales,etc...and I enjoy your light-hearted humor.. humor not at the expense of denigrating someone...as opposed to, say, the clever, but barbed, acid-tongued, self righteous, bible quoting, personal attacks, that while "witty" disguise the vendettas undertaken by it's author, against anyone whose posts, aren't parallel to his own rigid,narrow views, of what other people are allowed to contribute on this, and other boards. Folks like him, will argue that St. Patty, ain't even a Saint, jes cuz one Pope said he weren't. An speking of Popes, I think the other guy(unnamed, of course ) thinks he speaks ex cathreda, also..
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!! an don't worry bout dem "eyes of Texas are upon you" jack d

eg8r
03-16-2003, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But Noone is going to tell me that I have to ditch randy and scott for them to work with me. There are other fish in the sea. <hr /></blockquote> Exactly. You make your choices, it is your money.

eg8r

eg8r
03-16-2003, 07:07 PM
I am sorry, I did read that but never remembered it. This does prove once again, that Fast has started it again.

eg8r /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
03-16-2003, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll try to do the same thing with your posts also <hr /></blockquote> You are a good man.
[ QUOTE ]
To eg8r, you are so full of S*** you put a Xmas turkey to shame, where do you get off I did not register, I did, and saying I dont sign my name and am hiding, I sign my damn name, it is Fast Larry, everyone knows who I am and what I stand for, go to the web, www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com), nobody's hiding here dude...<hr /></blockquote> Hey Fast, you say you are a good Christian man, I guess so. Wasn't hypocrisy rampant back in those days, you must just read what you want. I have to say, nice language on a public board. The words you choose speak thousands of your character. Just so you don't have to whine any more, yes I did NOT attack your character, I just defined it for myself.

Also, your Fast MOUTH got you in trouble and I can now with all faith call you a LIAR. I never said anything about registering your name, that was Rackmup.

[ QUOTE ]
My teaching concept, is totally different from what these other guys are pushing. <hr /></blockquote> But it is not the ONLY way. Grow up and understand there are other ways to play the game. Yes you may be able to bank 11 rails and draw till the sun comes up, but those shots don't come up in a real game of 9 ball.
[ QUOTE ]
So I did the honorable thing, I left, and I 0pened my own school, The Power Source Pool School, <hr /></blockquote> Yes, then you did the dishonorable thing by slamming other instructors and instruction styles here on the board.
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever for one second, even considered the possiblilty that I could be right <hr /></blockquote> Have you ever seen me say you were wrong?
[ QUOTE ]
It would be lovely if this board could be used by professional instructors &amp; advanced level players, to expose some of the things they know &amp; feel would be helpful tips to beginners or to intermediates. <hr /></blockquote> This is the most hypocritical thing you have ever posted here on the board. First of all you have been anything but professional. Secondly, when were you going to start exposing helpful tips? All you do is bash others ideas then state you own as the rule (I do this too much in the political threads on the other forum).
[ QUOTE ]
I will state my teaching concepts, and ask the other instructors to not tear into me like a pack of hungry wolves. <hr /></blockquote> Please state you opinion with out saying it is the only way. I do not think you have an opinion, all you have ever done here was state what Mosconi did.

Fast you have instigated here since the beginning. I have trouble believing you were such a mangerial type in some Fortune 500 company or whatever you said it was. My reasons are: Your grammar is poor. You type like you talk and that is the first mistake. You belittle other instructors because their style differs from yours. There are more things, but I am tired of typing.

I ever remember when you posted here saying Jesus was a Palestinian. If you cannot even get that right, I don't know if I could even make it through a lesson.

Good luck in your teachings and travelling pool school. I don't really care what you do, how you do it, or how successful you are at doing it, makes no difference to me. I don't mind you staying and posting on the board, I just ask that you use some sort of correct grammar and quit the ebonics crap. It sounds childish. Also, cut out the cussing, this is the most unprofessional thing in the world (it is also hard to live the Great Commission when portraying yourself in this manner. Not that I do a great job, but I try to limit the cussing).

eg8r

eg8r
03-16-2003, 07:26 PM
Aww wolfdancer, if you are talking about me then say it. Do I feel guilty, nope.

eg8r

eg8r
03-16-2003, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"...and btw, it does not matter who insulted first, it takes two to tango." <hr /></blockquote> I agree and disagree. No one is dancing here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It does matter when some are defending themselves (you look at this as a partner doing the tango) and another defending something he started. Fast said everyones teaching is crap, the other instructor posted his reply. Was it calm or not, it was in his defense. Then Fast cried wolf.

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
03-16-2003, 08:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>I ever remember when you posted here saying Jesus was a Palestinian. If you cannot even get that right...<hr /></blockquote>Sorry, you have me at a disadvantage now. What country was Jesus born in?

bluewolf
03-16-2003, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
where do you get off I did not register, <hr /></blockquote>

The question was:

"Where were you when registration wasn't mandatory?"

You only began posting a little over a month ago. And, the majority of those posts were self-serving at best. But hey, it's okay with me...even your ego has to eat.

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

Larry, there was a time when folks could post nasties uner the name of anonymous. The ccb admin changed it so that all had to register in order to post. I believe this is before you make a decision to post to ccb

Laura

eg8r
03-16-2003, 09:01 PM
LOL, Jesus was born in Bethlemhem of Judea. He was known to man as a Jew, or more importantly the Saviour of the Jews.

If compared to what we call states these days, then Judea would be a district located in Palestine. If using this definition then you would be "correct" in saying he was a Palestininan. The problem is, we view cities, districts, countries and what not nowadays as defined by lines on a map. In the days of the New Testament, you were defined as a person based on your religion or religious attachment. Since Jesus was born to Joseph and Mary (both were Jews), and they lived in a predominant Jewish area Judea (including Bethlehem and Jordan) he was called a Jew.

This is all relative to what you definition is. Since Fast proclaimed his Christianity, I took his definition to be that of the Bible which would make Jesus a Jew.

That was more than needed to be said since he agreed back to that original thread.

eg8r

rackmup
03-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Does anyone here speak english?

wolfdancer
03-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Nope, didn't know until i read your bio, that you were from the great state of Texas... didn't realize that you were also feuding with FastLarry.
I don't usually post..but Larry should have the right to post, without getting gang-banged for not following the "party line". Disagreement, and a good argument are one thing ( wait, maybe that's two things ), but I think "Double K" crosses the line far too often, in his haste to put folks down..I'm in the minority there..most folks think it's in good fun?????

Troy
03-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Apparently not..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Does anyone here speak english? <hr /></blockquote>

bigbro6060
03-17-2003, 02:05 AM
ABSORB WHAT IS USEFUL, REJECT WHAT IS USELESS, for you ! a quote from the legendary Bruce Lee. Bruce studied every single martial art of the planet, got bits and pieces from all kinds of styles , whatever worked for him. Being a small fast guy, techniques emphasizing speed worked better for Bruce, whereas for a big guy, power close in fighting would work better.

Same goes for Pool, you can learn different things for you from different instructors. Sometimes it's just the way someone teaches a certain thing which helps you pick it up.

I'm sure Scott, Randy and Larry all have something to offer

I think the worse kind of instructors and the ones i stay away from are the ones who insist on making you a clone of themselves, they don't understand that what works for them might not work for me or something else might work for me better. Even amongst the top Snooker players who all have very similar technique, there are differences

rackmup
03-17-2003, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I think "Double K" crosses the line far too often, in his haste to put folks down..I'm in the minority there..most folks think it's in good fun?????
<hr /></blockquote>

If "Double K" is me, I must restate my position again:

This is a message board. It's for posting messages. I post messages. Most meaningless, all in jest and if for one minute you think ANY of the content of my posts are serious, said with malice or aimed at truly hurting someone, well...you simply don't know me.

There are others out there who DO know me, have met me and shared a game of pool with me. They'll tell you that "Double K" is an "okay guy" with a sharp wit, quick tongue and hate in his heart for NO ONE.

That isn't to say that at times I don't offend someone with my comments. I've hurt eg8r (in person), verbally beat up on OPC (in person...and he is a very good friend) and as recently as last night, challenged a league teammate to a battle of wits (he lost) but it's all said "tongue-in-cheek".

ADVICE:

Relax. Life's too short to walk through it with your butt cheeks tensed all the way up to your shoulders.

Regards,

Ken (aka: rackmup, guppie and apparently now, Double K)

bluewolf
03-17-2003, 05:59 AM
I am wondering who double k is too.

As far as posting, yeah everybody has a righ to post. It sure has gotten nasty though. Seems a high percent recently have been responding to fast opinions about himself. It has gotten like mud, who can be the nastiest?

Laura

Deeman
03-17-2003, 08:07 AM
The issue with Larry is the content of his claims and the knowledge base he seems to want to hold out to the members here without really adding anything specific to the discussions. Most of the professionals and instructors here will happily discuss, in technical terms, shots, methods and skill enhancement. Larry just intimates he knows some magical way that he can only impart in his school. I agree, most of this is harmless and maybe even good if it gets someone to think. However, as mentioned earlier, this appeals to novice players who see advanced level skills in players and think, "If I only had that secret knowledge, I'd be knocking every ball in like them!" Well, most of us will never achieve the highest levels of the game. Some because of lack of practice and basic skills and some because of motivation. However, while anyone can move their game forward a great deal, the best are born to the game with advanced hand-eye coordination and feel that even the best techers can't really give you. All the very best teacher can do it to build on solid fundamentals, motivate you to learn the hard and boreing parts; position tracks, ball speed control, shot selection and a million shot memories. If you can't thin cut a ball in at 9 and a half feet at a pretty high percentage, lessons probably won't get you there unless you have the eyes and nerve to begin with.

The instructors you mention can HELP take you from a 2 to maybe a 5 in time and, maybe, that is your goal. However, you are a 2 and while that's not necesarily good or bad, it does mean your knowledge or pool and demonstrated skill level is pretty low. Honestly, a lot of the posters on this board eat 6's and 7's for lunch so they understand much more than you, that there is no secret pill or Holy Grail.

I don't have a problem with Larry in impacting these people's games. They will listen to his no-content rantings for a while and go on. My concern is that, while it won't change the world, it does serve to raise expectations of lower rung players to unfair levels, which can lead to frustration and them giving up on the people who really do serve this game as legitimate instructors.

I just think anyone who says they can help should tell the ins and outs of their theory and technique so we can make an evaluation of their knowledge instead of just quoting a great player and saying they, for a price, will impart this knowledge. I don't think any of the people I see on this forum every day would take unfair cheap shots at legitimate things put forward in this manner. The pot shots are because of frustration at having seen this type of joker before in many guises.

Dee

rackmup
03-17-2003, 08:07 PM
BRAVO! Well said.

Scott Lee
03-18-2003, 01:06 AM
Deeman...Tap, tap, tap!

As everyone here on the board knows, I have shared every aspect of my theory, philosophy, fundamentals, and mechanical techniques with whoever asked about them. To me, it's no threat to my potential to "market" my own teaching ability, by sharing this information here on the Internet, where anyone in the world can read it for FREE!You can read something, hear something, or even see something (like watching a pool video), but it doesn't replace the value of having the one on one physical contact that an instructor can provide...especially in the formative stages of learning to play the game. I also find people who have played all their lives, but there were just certain things they wanted validated. They knew they were doing things the right way (and played well, as a result of it)...but it's nice to have that reinforced by an instructor. I think players of all abilities can benefit immensely from at least a few lessons from a qualified instructor...and there are MANY of those out there (several right here on the CCB)...not just ONE.

Scott Lee

bluewolf
03-18-2003, 05:45 AM
People I have talked to worry about how much an instructor costs saying 'I know some folks around who charge 25 so why spend twice as much as go to fran or Tony or scott?"

I said puleeeze go to someone good, save your money, dont go to someone who will teach you incorrectly. A really good instructor is worth more than their weight in gold.

Laura

Ralph S.
03-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Hey Deeman, I am in agreement with Scott and Rackmup on this one. Very well thought out, and written.

MaxMulligan
08-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Fast Larry, he got a cousin named, Slow Eddie?

Rod
08-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Where's the Beef? LOL I never replied to this post. Heavens to Murgatroid!! I wonder why? It wasn't part of my deal, I believe the guy with the initials, Fast Larry started it. It seemed like a bold statement. OK, I feel better now, whew what a relief!

BTW no one asked you to choose, that I could find. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rod

bluewolf
08-25-2003, 06:40 AM
Rod,

This was an old thread someone brought back up. FL has one opinion on sticking with one instructor I am thinking or at least I interpreted it that way. I think that is where this originated. Neither scott nor randy ever said anything like this to me.

Actually going to pool school soon and found a local guy too who is looking good /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura

Blackwolf
08-25-2003, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>FL has one opinion on sticking with one instructor I am thinking or at least I interpreted it that way. <hr /></blockquote>Too bad Fast Larry is unable to respond, comment or clarify to this.

The oppressive Gustapo Administrators, supported by a faction of hysterical opponents of free speech, has seen to the silencing of those that do not toe the Party Line.

It occurs to me now that you are one of those who have on occassion, both openly and via private correspondence to the Gulag Rulers, advocated the silencing and removal of certain posters.

He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

BW

eg8r
08-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Well, thank you for reminding us that our moderators care how the members treat each other. They have dealt with him the same way all the other boards have done so.

eg8r

pooltchr
08-25-2003, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman:</font><hr> I just think anyone who says they can help should tell the ins and outs of their theory and technique
Dee <hr /></blockquote>
I agree. I believe in teaching, but also explaining WHY a certain technique works. Not just for credibility, but if a student understands why something works, he/she is much more likely to retain it and put it to use.