PDA

View Full Version : The game 9 innings

snipershot
03-16-2003, 11:36 AM
I was just interested to see how many of us around here play this game, a friend showed me it in the bar a couple weeks ago and I've been playing it quite frequently as of late. I like the game because it keeps me interested for a long time. If you do play, what kind of scores do you average and what's your personal best? So far I've been scoring in the 60's alot and my personal best is a 81.

SPetty
03-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi snipershot,

What is this game? Please tell me more. Just by the name, it doesn't sound like something I've ever heard of...

Thanks!

snipershot
03-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi Spetty,

There are alot of variations of the game but this is how I play, your basically trying to beat the ghost.

Break- if you pocket a ball off the break without scratching you automatically get 2 bonus points

After the break take BIH and try to run the rack, once you miss (if you miss) count all the pocketed balls (including balls off the break) as 1 point each. If you can legally make the 9 you get 9 points.

You can have a max of 11 points per rack.

You shoot 9 racks/innings and total your points.

There is a possible 99 points to be scored.

It's beating the ghost with a scoring system to gauge how well your doing, I use graph paper for a score sheet but if you can make one on a spreadsheet its alot easier. Try the game I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

cycopath
03-16-2003, 10:58 PM
Isn't the game called "99"?

jjinfla
03-17-2003, 06:16 AM
Sounds pretty interesting but what happens if you make more than one ball on the break? Still get 2 points for making a ball and 1 point for each of the balls made? so if you make 2 balls on the break your score at that time is 4? I guess I just answered my own question. There is another version, 9-ball Q-skill on [url]blackbeltbilliards.com[url/] that I have yet to try. He also has a scoresheet you can print out. Jake

Jay M
03-17-2003, 06:22 AM
The game you're describing ("99") is used by Pool and Billiard Magazine for their "Pool and Billiard Rated Player International" http://www.poolandbilliard.com/player

They use the point averages to place people into various ratings.

Jay

Predator314
03-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Yes. I play 9-innings. My best score was an 89. I witnessed a 97 one night. One of our local guys was playing and ran all 9 racks. He just didn't make a ball on one of his breaks. I'm not sure what my average is. I usually get somewhere in the low to mid 70s.

UWPoolGod
03-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Seems like just the 9-ball version of the Fargo system for a 15 ball rack on www.playpool.com (http://www.playpool.com)
They do give you something to shoot for when you are playing by yourself, and guage your progress.

Todd Speakman

snipershot
03-17-2003, 05:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Sounds pretty interesting but what happens if you make more than one ball on the break? Still get 2 points for making a ball and 1 point for each of the balls made? <hr /></blockquote>

You get two points for making a ball off the break reguardless of how many go down.