PDA

View Full Version : Easy Shots

bigbro6060
03-16-2003, 06:06 PM
You know when you have those really really easy shots, don't have to do anything with the whitey, do you feel a bit silly going through your whole routine, gettting into your full shooting stance just for a very simple shot ?

I know it's the right thing to do and i try and make myself go through my whole preshot routine but sometimes i do slacken off from it

9 Ball Girl
03-16-2003, 06:36 PM
I say go through your preshot routine regardless of how easy the shot. "Easy" shots are missed because they're "easier" than other shots and taken for granted which can result in a loss of game. Do you look silly going through your preshot routine on an "easy" shot? As pool players we all know about the preshot routine so I don't see what would be so funny looking to us. I'd rather look "funny" preparing to shoot an "easy" shot than thinking about "I should've chalked up" or something like that while racking! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

socrates
03-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Just my opinion but YES.

"Perform the ceremony"
Zen in the Art of Archery.

Unless of course you don't mind racking as Wendy suggested.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-16-2003, 07:23 PM
#1, Ever miss an easy shot? all the more reason to prepare like you would for anyshot!

#2, All good players are suppose to make the easy shots, because they go through the Pre-Shot Routine and take the 'easy' shots seriously. If they do miss.. see item #1.

snipershot
03-16-2003, 10:09 PM
I still go through the same routine even on an easy shot, because if I don't I'll probably miss it /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Seriously, I slack off on those shots alot to but not completely, I just shorten my pre-shot routine with the really easy ones.

Popcorn
03-16-2003, 10:55 PM
Try to pocket even an easy shot with accuracy. Don't just use margin of error to make the ball, it can become a habit. Hit every shot as well as you can.

By the way, I missed this for $800. I did not dog it, I actually missed it.
START(
%AN7O5%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%EM7P1%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%I r8I5%JK6M5
%KJ5P7%LJ5N2%MK6Q4%NJ5R0%OJ5M0%Pr3S7
)END

Rempy missed this and lost the US open Straight pool tournament

START(
%AN9O5%BL7P8%CI7M3%DL7N1%E_8W5%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%I M4P3%JK6M5
%KJ5P7%LJ5N2%MK5O0%NJ5R0%OJ5M0%Pc3Q5
)END

Enough said about easy shots. You still have to shoot them in.

Fred Agnir
03-17-2003, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> You know when you have those really really easy shots, don't have to do anything with the whitey, do you feel a bit silly going through your whole routine, gettting into your full shooting stance just for a very simple shot ?<hr /></blockquote>Do I feel silly? Absolutely not. If I fail to go through my shot routine, and then dog the ball, then I feel a whole lot more than silly.

Fred

Kato
03-17-2003, 09:47 AM
There are no easy shots only shots we take for granted. You must go through your routine and give every shot the respect it deserves.

Kato~~~misses for these reasons.

Perk
03-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Never an easy shot. In a game where a two inch movement of the cue ball can be the difference not being able to get to the next ball efficiently, each shot needs to be focused on. Those that make every shot look easy are playing great precision pool because they are in line on every shot.

Just my thoughts to go along with everyone elses!

rukiddingme
03-19-2003, 07:42 PM
As my teacher Sailor says ..."You've got to respect EVERY shot"...
ruk