PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James- Next M.J.

snipershot
03-16-2003, 10:21 PM
I'm just downloading a ton of Lebron James video and was asking myself, does this kid have what it takes to be the next Jordan? From what I've seen I certainly think he has the potential to develop into another Jordan, there's alot of hype around him which also creates alot of pressure on a 17 year old but if he doesn't let the hype get to his head the sky might be the limit for this teenager, what do the BB fans here think?

Oh yeah, DON'T ASK WHO LEBRON JAMES IS

nAz
03-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Dude that kids got game he's got ups too! @ 17 year old i pray that the Knicks will some how be able to get him, although i don't think they'll get the #1 pick this year.
If he was smart he'd go to collage at least 2 years maybe win a championship, but i guess he wont wait and take a chance on getting hurt before he can sign for big Bucks.
I don't think he will be next Jordan or even Kobe but he will be like maybe Jason Kidd with a way stronger offensive game either way it will be great to see him play, just hope he can act like an adult when things don't go his way

Kato
03-17-2003, 09:00 AM
Lets not lump Lebron in with Jordan. Let's also not lump him in with Kobe or T-Mac. Let's let Lebron just try to be Lebron. He'll have plenty of pressure on him next year under the lights. Right now Mr. James is a man playing with boys. Next year he'll be a man playing with men. There is a difference driving the lane against a 16 year old kid who is 6'6" and under developed. It's another thing completely to drive the lane against Shaq, Yao, Duncan, Wallace, or Garnett. Remember, for every Kobe there are 10 Kwami Brown's.

Kato

eg8r
03-17-2003, 09:52 AM
I am sure he has the talent and will compete at the Pro level, but talent is not what makes Jordan. Did you see the game a few nights ago. This was the game just before he bashed his fellow players for not having the same desire to win. During this game, he flung his 40 year old body into the seats going after a ball. If you watch him play, his desire, motivation, and skill all come together to make his the athlete he is.

Lebron has shown some of this desire in the games after he was trashed in the media. He came out with something to prove and put 50 points on the board. Only time will tell if Lebron has that same drive when he is playing some of the lowly NBA teams like Denver. It is tough to get ready for a game like that when you know it should be an easy win. Jordan never had a problem getting ready for the game, and his 31 ppg over his career is a great example of his determination and drive to win.

Good luck LeBron, I hope you do have a great career. I also hope it is opposite of Allen Iverson. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif This way your two mothers can go at it in the stands and provide the half time show. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Kato
03-17-2003, 10:35 AM
eg8r, you are 100% accurate. Never a more motivated player have I laid eyes on, much like Tiger Woods.

Kato

snipershot
03-17-2003, 05:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Dude that kids got game he's got ups too! @ 17 year old i pray that the Knicks will some how be able to get him, although i don't think they'll get the #1 pick this year.
<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry NaZ, the Raptors are playing horrible and have a chance at getting the #1 pick. Vince Carter and Lebron James would make for an awesome team and maybe a championship or two. The Knicks still have a chance at getting into the playoffs, it's a small chance but at least they have one.

eg8r
03-17-2003, 06:23 PM
I have not really been following Toronto, but it seems that Vince Carter is unable to stay healthy (I hope I am wrong), very similar to Penny Hardaway. I watched the Magic for a long time and have rejoiced and cried along with them. What a horrible year it was when we (Orlandoans) ruined our chances of keeping Shaq and pushed him out of town (I can explain if no one knows the reason Shaq left Orlando). Then Penny started getting hurt. He was not meant to lead a team, he needed a leader and he would be a good 2nd man. I looked at Penny as being similar to Scottie Pippen, both needed someone else to lead the team. Vince seems to be the same. I don't follow them to closely so this opinion is quite weak, however this is all I have to go on.

eg8r

snipershot
03-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Vince was hurt most of the first half of the season, the Raptors have lost more man games to injury than any other team (by a long ways) which is why their doing so bad, they actually have a good team if their healthy but that hasn't been the case this season.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2003, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>

.....I also hope it is opposite of Allen Iverson. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif This way your two mothers can go at it in the stands and provide the half time show. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Don't know about AI's mom but LeBron's mom is a piece of freakin' work. Gravy train-er big time.

eg8r
03-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Allen Iversons mother is the EXACT same way. LOL She is crazy and if the two play against each other, with both mothers in the stands, it could get rowdy. LOL

eg8r

Kato
03-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Vince seems to be injury prone but also has the rap of being a "soft" player and not a team leader. He's a lot like Shawn Kemp in his prime. He really only plays when he wants to.

Kato

eg8r
03-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Just like Whiney (Penny) Hardaway. The Magic became a better team when that sore foot left.

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
03-18-2003, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Lets not lump Lebron in with Jordan. Let's also not lump him in with Kobe or T-Mac. Let's let Lebron just try to be Lebron. He'll have plenty of pressure on him next year under the lights. Right now Mr. James is a man playing with boys. Next year he'll be a man playing with men. There is a difference driving the lane against a 16 year old kid who is 6'6" and under developed. It's another thing completely to drive the lane against Shaq, Yao, Duncan, Wallace, or Garnett. Remember, for every Kobe there are 10 Kwami Brown's.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

My boy KATO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif knows his hoops and now I see he quotes one of my favorite axe players, Pat Travers /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif too....WOW, there really is hope for him yet!!!

Kato
03-18-2003, 12:16 PM
<hr /></blockquote>My boy KATO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif knows his hoops and now I see he quotes one of my favorite axe players, Pat Travers /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif too....WOW, there really is hope for him yet!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Is that who that is Steve? I had no idea. I love that song though. I'm gonna download it tonight.

Kato