PDA

View Full Version : Now that the summer months are approaching....

Yuppie
03-17-2003, 10:34 AM
What do all of you do to counter the sticky hand and shaft phenomenon during the summer months? Granted, most halls have air conditioning, but sometimes that's not enough. Carrying a towel perhaps? Or one of those powder bags, maybe?

Predator314
03-17-2003, 11:01 AM
I've never had problems with a sticky hand even in the hottest weather. I hate powder. That stuff should be outlawed. IMO, the best thing to do would to get a glove.

Perk
03-17-2003, 11:21 AM
As much as I love the game of pool, the only glove I will be putting on is my golf glove. I tend to not play at all during the summer months, much the same as bowling. I dont deal with the hot temperatures very well.

cycopath
03-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Carry a small hand towel with you, and wash your hands as much as possible. No powder.

Vince S.
03-18-2003, 11:47 AM
It helps that I don't have a sweaty hand problem.

1.I keep my shaft as clean and smoothe as possible
(wipe with damp then dry paper towel often).
2.I wash my hands after every set or two.
3.Doing number 2 will mean you won't have to do number 1
as often.

If you have a sweaty hand problem, then a glove might be better than gumming up your shaft with talcs and powders.

Vince S.

Predator314
03-18-2003, 12:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vince S.:</font><hr> It helps that I don't have a sweaty hand problem.
3.Doing number 2 will mean you won't have to do number 1
as often.
Vince S. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL...that's some funny sounding stuff. I my childish brain loves to find hidden bathroom humor.

bluewolf
03-18-2003, 01:41 PM
I hate hot weather so definately will not be playing golf and only tennis very early in the morning. So I will be spending a lot of time inside playing pool. Everywhere I play is airconditioned so a sweaty palm is not a problem. I do have a glove though for those ocassions when I get nervous.

Laura

03-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Diehards, How many others fit this mold .. you give up or cut way back on your pool during the summer? For me, it's how bad I have the bug. I used to only play in the winter, but this year I've got the bug!! Open the windows, rack em', and tell the kids to start without me!

Scott ~~ tired of looking for the magic bullet in golf, so lets see if I can find it on the felt.

SharpCat
03-18-2003, 06:21 PM
I wash my hands often. I'm going to look into a glove and see how that works.