PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!

wolfdancer
03-17-2003, 10:38 AM
...probably the bestest Saint of dem all; cause he drove the snakes outta Ireland. No easy feat cause they hide everywhere, under rocks, in pool halls, etc. Sadly though he got disqualified by the Pope on a technicality; seems he didn't also get rid of the British. It's a shame really; he's the people's choice, very popular, but can't get by the big guy...sort of like Peta rose can't get by the commish, to get in the Hall of Fame...well, maybe not.. Patty didn't bet in no baseball games..maybe on a few caber tossing matches.. and of course, he was already in the "Hall" and got thrown out... there's a big "closeout" sale, down in the Vatican basement, on St. Pat memorabilia, and they'll even throw in a St Christopher medal.Chris was the patron saint of travellers, but I heard he lost the title, when a guy got killed in an auto accident, due to the St. Christopher statue flying off the dashboard, and being driven into his skull..
I'm wearing my green today..jes in case...

TomBrooklyn
03-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Today is the day that we reflect on the glory and majesty of The Emerald Isle. Enjoy!
- Tom McBrooklyn of County Kerry

Wally_in_Cincy
03-17-2003, 02:52 PM
I read a few chapters of a book on Irish history this weekend. Man, it's no wonder they hate the English so bad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
03-17-2003, 04:18 PM
God created alcohol to keep the Irish from ruling the WORLD.

Tom in McCincy (heritige from County Cork)

Gayle in MD
03-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Well, I'm 1/4 English, 1/4 Irish, and half Italian, so I guess I have to mix tea, beer and wine, YUK!!!

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God keep you in the palm of his hand.

Happy St Patricks Day Folks

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
03-17-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm English, Irish with a splash of German. Rumor has it but I've not proven it yet, there is a little Cherokee Indian in the mixture. So I'll sip my tea, have a beer, eat some kraut, and beat my drums.

~~~ er wait I don't have any drums

TomBrooklyn
03-17-2003, 10:19 PM
I have drums. I have a double bass pearl kit with six toms, roto-toms, about eight cymbals, and a few misc. percussion thingies. Too bad it's not set up right now. I have to build a little rehersal studio in the basement.

We also drum in the park (http://www.prospectpark.org/acti/main.cfm?target=drum) around here on Sundays. Thats a trip.

Rod
03-17-2003, 10:53 PM
yah but are you part Indian?

TomBrooklyn
03-18-2003, 01:53 AM
No, so Sioux me.