PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Most Rails Ever Hit On A Shot?

TomBrooklyn
03-17-2003, 01:50 PM
___?

Predator314
03-17-2003, 01:59 PM
This looks like a job for Fast Larry

nAz
03-17-2003, 02:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> This looks like a job for Fast Larry <hr /></blockquote>

haha i thought the same thing... I'd say 7 rails, but Larry can probably do 11 /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Popcorn
03-17-2003, 02:04 PM
I can hit 9 with no problem, (so can you if you know the pattern). I know more can be hit, (I have never seen it), but when I do it, the 8th rail is not in running order and the ball dies just making the 9th rail. I do a shot where I hit 27 or even more rails, but it is a trick where I keep hitting the cue ball with the tip after it hits the third rail and sending it three more rails till I feel like quitting. I also use the bumper of the cue rotating the cue as I do it from tip to bumper.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-17-2003, 02:16 PM
I've seen a tape where Semir Sayginer hits about 10 rails and the CB moves a total of about 20 inches, with about 200 revolutions.

nAz
03-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Wait a min. are we talking Pocket billiards or 3C billiards?

Wally Sammy shoots those shots on a silicon sprayed table and ball, thats how they get it to travel so many rails and make those crasy Masses.

eg8r
03-17-2003, 02:24 PM
I think Fast said he hit 11 or rails. I would love to see it. I just don't know how you continue to have enough speed.

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
03-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Answers for a billiard or pool table are both good.

"Sammy?" Is that what Semith's friends call him? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've seen Sammy spray the cue ball with silicon, but not the cloth. For his trick shot exhibitions he also uses a cue ball that has red dots on it to highlight the spinning action of the cue ball. As far as I know, it is otherwise a normal cue ball.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-17-2003, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Wait a min. are we talking Pocket billiards or 3C billiards?

Wally Sammy shoots those shots on a silicon sprayed table and ball, thats how they get it to travel so many rails and make those crasy Masses. <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe that's Fast Larry's secret too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve Lipsky
03-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Popcorn, there is a great trick shot involving what you describe. Put an object ball right by the spot of the table where you know the cueball dies (about a foot or so off the end rail), and place a nickel on top of the object ball.

Bet someone that you will make your cueball hit 9 rails, and just hit the object ball, without knocking off the coin.

It's by no means a 10 out of 10 (or close), but it's a lot more consistent than it sounds.

START(
%An6U3%Pp3W2%Qm0Z7%Rr8V7%Sn7T8%U_0[1%Vs2O1%WS9[5%Xo5W4%YD1W5
%ZS0[3%[^0D1%\C1W1%]r6N4%^^7C7%_K7C9%`C1M6%a]9[3%bl5[0%ce4V2
%dL7D0
)END

(That last parabola is only used because I ran out of arrows.)

- Steve

Rod
03-17-2003, 02:53 PM
I do the same with the 3 rail shots except I've never used the bumper. Like you said untill I feel like quitting. What I do is shoot two and three rail shots all in the same direction while walking around the table until I get back to where I started from. For just the single three rail version I got pretty good at keeping 2 balls in motion. I've shot with three but 8 rounds was my limit. That would take a lot of practice to keep them at a constant speed.

9 rails is my limit in one shot, I'd think to hit more the cushion speed and conditions would have to be very good.

Rod

Fred Agnir
03-17-2003, 02:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> ___? <hr /></blockquote> 12 or 15. But I cheat.

Fred

Deeman
03-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Nine, just barely, and I thought I was due a hernia operation!

Dee

Rod
03-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Tom,
This is an old one but is just 5 or 6 rails. You can say you'll make the ball 5 rails without shooting with the tip or butt end of the cue. Use a house cue and swipe the cue across the c/b sending it 5 rails to pocket the o/b. The solid yellow line is the direction of the swipe acsoss the c/b. It takes a fair amount of force to make the shot work, but it is almost automatic.
START(
%AD3D2%Ph8Z6%Vp5U8%WN1[6%Xg7Z8%Ya5C9%ZC5X9%[s4N2%\c0C8%_f6[2
%`j8W3%ar7N5%bG0E0%cX5Q7%df0[3
)END

Rod

Popcorn
03-17-2003, 04:22 PM
I do that shot with the object ball on the spot with a quarter on it. I only go 5 rails though. It is funny it seems a quarter is less likely to fall off when the ball is bumped.

Popcorn
03-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Doing it twirling the cue is pretty cool. You alternate hitting the ball with the tip and bumper. It is not really that hard. I used to do it sometimes before a match if someone asked. The crowd always loves it.

Scott Lee
03-18-2003, 01:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I can hit 9 with no problem, (so can you if you know the pattern). I know more can be hit, (I have never seen it), but when I do it, the 8th rail is not in running order and the ball dies just making the 9th rail. I do a shot where I hit 27 or even more rails, but it is a trick where I keep hitting the cue ball with the tip after it hits the third rail and sending it three more rails till I feel like quitting. I also use the bumper of the cue rotating the cue as I do it from tip to bumper. <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn...That's a standard trick shot to shoot the CB 9 rails and have it land on a dollar bill. I've done the other one you describe too...but usually quit at 12 or 15! LOL Those are fun shots!

Scott Lee

Scott Lee
03-18-2003, 02:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Wait a min. are we talking Pocket billiards or 3C billiards?

Wally Sammy shoots those shots on a silicon sprayed table and ball, thats how they get it to travel so many rails and make those crasy Masses. <hr /></blockquote>

naz...I have seen Semih Sayginer do his trick shot show, and it was performed on the same table the finals match between him and Sang Lee was played. There's no way the cloth or the balls had anything on them. He just has THAT good of a stroke! LOL I was sitting right next to Mike Massey, and even he was VERY impressed! Also in our group watching were fellow trick shot artists, Dr. Cue (Tom Rossman), Sarge (Ken Aylesworth), and George Middleditch.
The tape Wally is talking about was shot at that same time.
The shot where Semih doubles the corner 3 or 4 times is simply amazing!

Scott Lee

nAz
03-18-2003, 04:06 AM
Scott i wish i could see that live, have you ever Dloaded the free trick shot Mpeg of Sayginer from www.Caromcafe.com (http://www.Caromcafe.com) ? its awesome

bluewolf
03-18-2003, 05:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> This looks like a job for Fast Larry <hr /></blockquote>

haha i thought the same thing... I'd say 7 rails, but Larry can probably do 11 /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I saw Larrys tape from 1994. He hit the rails with the cb 10 times. I heard he did 11 since then but I havent seen that either. he also did this kool shot where he hit the cb and jumped it to another table where there was a cluster of six balls and they all went in the pockets. I have two tapes with some of his trick shots on them.

The only other person I ever saw doing trick shots was scott. I think I might have some of them on tape too.I will have to go look at that tape too. Sounds like they both like to do trick shows.

In spite of the way Larry comes across on here, he is different on the phone.

In person, Larry and scott both are real cuties~~~~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura

bluewolf
03-18-2003, 05:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I think Fast said he hit 11 or rails. I would love to see it. I just don't know how you continue to have enough speed.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

They said on the tape it was a special technique. Somehow the cb seemed to pick up speed after it hit the first rail.

Laura

bluewolf
03-18-2003, 05:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I can hit 9 with no problem, (so can you if you know the pattern). I know more can be hit, (I have never seen it), but when I do it, the 8th rail is not in running order and the ball dies just making the 9th rail. I do a shot where I hit 27 or even more rails, but it is a trick where I keep hitting the cue ball with the tip after it hits the third rail and sending it three more rails till I feel like quitting. I also use the bumper of the cue rotating the cue as I do it from tip to bumper. <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn...That's a standard trick shot to shoot the CB 9 rails and have it land on a dollar bill. I've done the other one you describe too...but usually quit at 12 or 15! LOL Those are fun shots!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

You can go 12 to 15 rails? WOW

Laura

Steve Lipsky
03-18-2003, 08:17 AM
Laura,

On many of these multiple-rail shots, the trick is to have the cueball "fly" for the first few rails. What's happening is that it's being struck at such a fast speed, it's actually (slightly) jumping off rails 1 and 2 (see my diagram from an earlier post).

This eliminates friction for the first part of the shot, thereby allowing the cueball to maintain more of its initial energy for the rails to come.

(Hint: Don't try this shot next to any mirrors, windows, or, um, people.)

- Steve

03-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Hi Tom, the answer to your question is 12 rails, and I came within one foot of hitting 13. This was reported in Pool &amp; Billiard magazine in l995.
I was the first person ever in history to hit a true 11 rail shot. You can see me on my tapes hit 11 rail shots back to back on billiard &amp; pool tables, and hit an 11 rail shot on a 10' table one handed. To my knowledge, there has only been one other person to hit a 11 rail shot on a pool table, and that is the great Rick Wright, who has equal power to me, and Won my first TASA world trick shot championship, he also writes a column in the National Billiards news, and I taught him how to make the shot.

I am in the process of teaching a new student how to do the 11 rails shot, and I will be making this man into a future world trick shot champion, his name is Rick Malm of San Jose, Calif. Rick has come up with a CD of how to make the trick shots in the world BCA program, and it is literally fantastic, you wont believe how good this thing is, it is light years ahead of any other pool stuff out on the market.
See him on www.geocities.com/artisticcuessportpress (http://www.geocities.com/artisticcuessportpress), or email him at Artisticcuesportspress@juno.com.

I did the 11 rail shots on 27 year old tables with dead original rails, house cloth &amp; on house balls. I have performed the shot at over a hundred places, on tables from hell. I have done 11 on 7-8-9-10 &amp; 12 foot tables, on pool, snooker &amp; billiard tables, and the same thing on the original 10 rail shot.
When Ripley's posted that cartoon saying I was the only one in the world that could do it, at that time, that was a true statement, I was the first, and on that one, there is no debate amoung the experts. After I gave every one the diagrams, sent out l75 free video tapes world wide, showing everyone exactly how I did do it, it is no wonder to me that today, there are a number of people who can now do it also on Billiard tables, Verhovens that cost 10 grand, with the super fast Simonois 300 cloth &amp; a heated slate, the shot is not that hard, and when these billiard people now come up to me &amp; tell me how easy it is, I say follow me please, I walk them over to a $l000 pool table, with l0 year old rails, house cloth, hand them a house ball, there is no heated slate, they have 6 big holes they no have to dodge, and I say, show me now, how big &amp; bad you are, bang off 11 rails on this piece of s***, and of course they are lucky to make 9 rails. The credit must go to the guy, who ran through the barrier first, not to those doing it now.
Once Roger Bannister ran the first 3 minute mile, suddenly a lot of people began to do it, now everyone of merit does it. Best Wishes, Fast Larry Guningere www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com)
VENI, VIDI, VICI.....

My pictures &amp; story has appeared on the covers of 6 pool magazines, and ran in every pool magazine on earth.

I was the first person in history to hit a 10 rail bank, and prove it, breaking the longest held record in sports, that had stood for 159 years. This shot was considered impossible by every one, it was like tracks 3 minute mile, the impossible barrier, no one could cross, but I did cross it, and proved it.
I have only tried to help new players with some knowledge, but the board dragged out I am a professional teacher, then they make me prove it, now they knock me for pushing my school, you cant win with these people.

I never posted what my fees are, I have said over &amp; over, I dont want any more students, I dont have the time to deal with the ones already in my pipeline.
If people want to see what the pattern is on the 11 rail shot, I just published the diagram on my Ripley's cartoon, on my web site, it's your's for free. Now I have this crater head saying I paid to get the cartoon in, a damn lie he made up, no wonder this moron has a crater in his head. Next his slime ball pal in the clic is going to write I made up the cartoons, forged them, trust me that one will be next, I have been accused of that in the past. Then I will be forced to say, I have proof of these shots on a 2 hr video tape, go to my web site, get my mailing address, send me $17 which includes S&amp;H, &amp; see the Ripleys shots come to life, and see me actually making them on the prime time national TV broadcast on the premier of the show. Now they are all going to go ape I am now selling my tapes, I can't prove what I did, without you viewing the tapes, and I cant afford to give them away free, I have a family here to feed &amp; support.

Some time in the future, I may figure out a way to put actual video shots on my web page, that is coming.
Tom, never in your life, ever do something, no other man can do. If they cant do it, they can never believe you did it, and it brings down the wrath of God on your head.

The Wright Bros flew the first airplane 100 years ago, and proved it, and were called liars, frauds &amp; bums, just like I am being trashed, and this was done to them world wide for 7 years. Why, why hell, everyone knows you can fly in the air like a bird, that's impossible, isn't it, everyone I knows, agrees with that. Fast Larry.....

03-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Dear Rod, a very cool shot, very old, you can find it in the Bob Byrnes book, treasury of trick shots, we call it the pool sweep. You will see me perform it at the Hopkins expo, I hit 5 or 6 rails. I have made the shot on video tape hitting 8 rails, and I once performed a spit ball shot out of my mouth that actually hit 10 rails, and that is on video tape. Fast Larry

03-18-2003, 03:40 PM
dear fred, when I did all of my records, I did not cheat, they were all performed at the Mit of the south, Ga Tech University, not in a pool room. My witnesses were not pool hustlers, but state government employees, they signed legal affidivits saying I walked into a room in play all day long, took a table in play, did nothing to enhance the house cloth, used a house cue ball from behind the counter, and banged off 11 rails on a 10 year old Gandy big G with 10 year old dead rails. They also said this on video tape, and this was filmed by TTN using 3 camera angles, every condition of the Guninness world book of records was met on every record. You may need to cheat to do these things sir, but I do not. Fast Larry Guninger

03-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Dear Deeman, 9 is a very powerful stroke, you should be proud of that accomplishment sir. Jimmy Caras went around for decades making that shot the high light of his show, I first saw him do it in l960, and about flipped out. Fast Larry Guninger

03-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Dear Blue, what you were hearing on my tape about my cb picking up speed, was commentary from Billy Incardona, world champion, this was a clip from 2 tapes Accustats produced which where titled, the greatests shots of the decade, and Bob Byrne picked the shots, and I had more shots featured than any other player in that decade, on that collection, it was a nice honor.

You were seeing a l0 rail shot, the original on a l0' table, that was my first pattern, I later totally changed patterns on future shots. It appears, perhaps you did not see any 11 rail shots, perhaps you have not seen the tape all the way through yet. There are 94 shots just on the first half of the tape &amp; Several TV shows, the Ripleys TV premier and all of those shots featured, it's a lot to see.

G0 back or forward &amp; find these shots on your index sheets, shot 11, is a ll rail shot on a snooker table, but it is not a legal shot, I hit 11 rails, but to be legal, the cue ball must keep going in a circle, never hitting the 2nd rail twice &amp; never back up, and you cant hit 2 points in a pocket, adding 2 rails. Shot17, is the original ll rails first shot on a 9' table at Ga Tech. Shot 18 is the original 11 rail shot made one handed on a 10' billiard table, it's hard to see, easy to miss, but it is clear, on one hand is used, don't miss this one, it is the greatest one handed shot of all time, and some say, one of the top 5 greatest shots hit of all time. Shot 19, is the same shot again, repeat of. Shot 2l is a 11 rail shot on a $1000 table on dead rails in a pool hall, 9' table. Shot 22, is two 11 rail shots, back to back, on 27 year old tables, with the original 27 year old dead rails, both performed one handed. Shot 23, is a ll rail shot performed at the Allen Hopkins Expo in l997, on a Diamond 9' table. Shot 24, is a ll rail shot on a l964 dead table, 9'. Shot 25 is a ll rail shot on a 9' table in the Ripleys TV practice session.

Shot 69 is a demo of hand eye, I leap up on the rail of a table, then stand on one foot, crane position &amp; do a Karate cota, then leap down to the floor, bounce a cue ball off of the floor, as it rises, I strike it with my bare hand in a Karate blow, the CB goes 7 rails to pot 2 balls. The bounce wings right after them are the hardest shots ever hit. If you want to see if your draw is as good as mine, see shot 90, The circular draw around 3 blocker balls.

Right after the first hour and the intermission, you get the Ripley's premier show and the 11 rail shot done for the show, so you see blue, if you want to see 11 rails shots, this tape is full of them. That is only the first half of the tape, you now have a full hour of more great shots that follow it. Fast Larry Guninger

03-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Dear Wally, that shot is so simple, the Sammy 11 rails on a single rail, that even Paul Gerni can make it, I've done 17 rails on one rail. Some things are easy that look hard, and some very hard things look very easy, until you go out &amp; actually try to do them. Best Wishes, Fast Larry

03-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Dear Mr. Steve Lipsky, very good Steve, you saw what I did that made the shot possible, that everyone before me missed. On a fine new table, I rarely see, I can keep the CB on the cloth, it never jumps, and stays down, I can make the shot with spin &amp; power. You will note on my tape if you view it, I was on a lot of old worn out Brunswick tables, and the rails on them are too high, so to beat them, I begin to fly the cue ball around. You will note on my sign off, I use the word Innovate, and that is what I did to make the shot. Fast Larry Guninger

bluewolf
03-18-2003, 07:13 PM
OKAY. I watched the first tape. That stuff must be on the second one.

Laura

03-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Dear NAZ, all my record shots were made on house cloth, and a house ball, and nothing was done or put on them to enhance the shots. The witnesses picked out a table in play in the room, went &amp; got me a cue ball from behind the desk, then after the shot, inspected closely the table cloth &amp; ball, all of this was part of the proof package, sent out then. People today cheat, to duplicate my shots, god bless them, I dont care. Any way they can make it and give the crowd a thrill is cool I guess, it just hurts they steal my shot &amp; record &amp; make out it is there's, &amp; never even mention my name.

Now I have people telling lies, making up lies, I never really did it, I just cheated at it. I had this bozo a couple of days ago who posted the lie I have never been a BCA instructor, say's I am a fraud, he called them &amp; they have never ever heard of me, this is the crap I am putting up with on this board. When I came on, I was accused of this, because I had changed my name, and my identity was being confused. Then, I posted all of my teaching qualifications, which are as strong, or stronger than any one on this board. I gave all of the details of my BCA teaching certificate. It was accepted at that time, now I get accused again, now I have to go through all of this again, I dont think so. I will not defend who I am &amp; what I do with every bozo nobody who decides he has nothing better to do than tee off on me. F*** em.

What this bozo did not understand, was a couple of years ago, the entire staff except one person, quit the BCA, 25 people left. When they hired the new director, Stephen Ducoff, the week after he came on, we had a private l l/2 hr meeting at the BCA national championship in May at the Riveria in Vegas. So when this Bozo says nobody in the BCA knows who I am, that is Bull S***. The new 25 people they just hired, dont have a clue who I am, nor are they aware that I was &amp; used to be an instructor in their organization.
I resigned from their school, I just did not like what &amp; how I was told to teach, so I went out &amp; formed my own school. I do not need their permission, or their worthless piece of paper you just buy anyway, in order to teach. I will soon post this teaching certificate, on my web site, so it can be seen, I did go through the course, and did graduate, and was accepted by the Dean of the School, Jerry Briesath. And when that is seen, I want the slime ball punk who said I was a liar about this, to print a copy of it, &amp; shove this up his A**. I want these attacks &amp; these deliberate lies being posted about me for the for the sole reason to destroy my credibility to end now. If they don't, somebody soon is going to end up eating the butt of my cue. Fast Larry Guninger

03-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Scott I do that shot, I am surprised you don't do it, I wonder why????????????????????????? I have been know to go back in &amp; out of that corner 5 times. Kim sup soop can do that also. Fast Larry

Popcorn
03-18-2003, 07:36 PM
What is the pattern you use to hit an 11 rail shot? Show us on the wei table

03-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Blue, you have found, I am not hard to find, and that I am very accessable, I dont hide. I post over &amp; over my web site, www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com), go there, you can get my mailing address, my email address, my phone number. You have found, I answer all of them.

I have this little clic of organized teachers who wants to degrade my accomplishments and my teaching credibility, and have found out they are solid and far in excess of what they posses. They cant find any cracks in my wall to attack, so their new approach is to just dream up lie after lie, and make me defend them. This is being done to protect their little teaching club, they dont want any outsiders coming around.
They are selfish, jealous, and very low rent.

Any one of them could have emailed me, or called me on the phone to say I hear you cheated on this shot, or did not have this thing, and I would have been happy to have explained it all to them, and offered to them a proof package for them to examine. Does it not seem strange to you, that not one of them has ever contacted me. Does this not seem unfair. I dont even get a fargin trial, they dream up a lie, pronounce me guilty, then post this. When people slander my good name, &amp; try to destroy my repuation &amp; my accomplishments, and it is a intentional &amp; planned attack, there reaches a point where Mr nice guys ends, &amp; I go down in the gutter after them.

This thing is getting real serious now, and if I have to start bustin some heads to catch their attention, you don't tell lies about me on purpose with out proof, then that is where we are going to go with this. I am out of patience with these Turkeys.

I am going out of town on a tour of the NE, TO Phil, Pa, Boston, NYC and Wash DC. I am going to be away from my cpu for two weeks, and these slime balls are going to jump on me like I am a dead carcas on the side of the road &amp; they are vultures, which is a good description of them. There will be nobody to defend me, when they make up their next new batch of manufactured lies, can you do me a favor, when you see one posted, AND A BLIND MAN CAN TELL ITS A DAMN LIE, and you know it is a damn lie, cut &amp; paste this &amp; post it as my standard reply please for me.....

My accomplishments at pool are slowly being posted to my new Web site, www.fastlarrypool.com. (http://www.fastlarrypool.com.) In a couple of months, the site will be done, and anything you want to know about me will be up. Everything I have done in pool, I offer you two ways to receive it, you can Believe it, Or not.
I really no longer care, which choice you make. You can choose to believe, or you can choose not to, it is up to you.
One of our great president's fell under a lot of unfair accusations during the civil war, this was his response to the press, and it is now my same response to you on the board, who chooses not to believe.

"Quote, If I were to try to read, much less to answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how.
The very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, then what is said against me wont matter. If the end brings me out wrong, then ten angels swearing I was right, would make no difference. End of quote by Abe Lincoln, note Douglas MacArthur, General of the Army, and prime minister Winston Churchill both had framed copies of this letter hung over their desks during WWII. Best Wishes, Fast Larry Guninger
Shoot straight, innovate, no fear, and never give up, VINI, VIDI, VICI......

cueball1950
03-18-2003, 08:47 PM
On an unheated brunswick gold crown billiards table i can make an 8 rail billiard shot. other wise i can hit 9 rails on the same table........................Mike

eg8r
03-18-2003, 09:40 PM
He put it up on his website. fastlarrypool.com or something like that.

You need to hit a button at the bottom and then navigate down to the link.

eg8r

eg8r
03-18-2003, 09:45 PM
This the kind of cool post that I enjoy. Don't have to give away the farm to explain the shot but enough that we can try it out.

I think Fast is evolving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

preacherman
03-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Always looking for new sites - Thanks that's a great site.

Jim
www.geocities.com/pool4christ (http://www.geocities.com/pool4christ)

preacherman
03-18-2003, 10:18 PM
I can do 9 rails /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifand I'm no power hitter.
I've see 11 rails done by Fast Larry on tape.

Jim
www.geocities.com/pool4christ (http://www.geocities.com/pool4christ)

TomBrooklyn
03-19-2003, 02:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>Never do something no other man can do. They never believe you did it and it brings down the wrath of God on your head.<hr /></blockquote>Larry, the dilemma you advise about...

Reminds me of a Priest that decided he wanted to play golf on Sunday morning, so he got a replacement for his pulpit and drove 3 counties away so nobody he knew him would see him.

But the Archangel Michael looked down from heaven and saw him, and Micheal went to God and said, "I have bad news. There is a Priest playing golf on Sunday morning."

The wise Lord said, "I will handle this."

The Priest got up to the next tee on a par 4 and hit the ball. The wind was with him and the ball sailed and sailed, then it landed on the green and ran straight to the pin and dropped in the hole.

Michael said, "God, you just rewarded that Priest with the greatest shot ever made in golf! Why did you do that?"

To which God replied, "Who is he going to tell?"

bluewolf
03-19-2003, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote preacherman:</font><hr> I can do 9 rails /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifand I'm no power hitter.
I've see 11 rails done by Fast Larry on tape.

Jim
www.geocities.com/pool4christ (http://www.geocities.com/pool4christ) <hr /></blockquote>

Great to see you here preacherman!!! I saw the first tape, but still need to watch the other two that FL sent me. The first one had an interview too. He sure is cuter than the pic on his site....

Laura

bluewolf
03-19-2003, 06:37 AM
Larry,

I was going to totally stay out of this but, you do not know this board. Some people like to bait, others like to insult, others are all around nice people here.And then there are beginners but fighting just chases them away.

I undertstand the frustration but why go back and forth with every comment about you. You know what you are and what you can do. No need to reply to each comment. If you are half as good and knowlegeable as you say you are, and I believe you, your reputation will spread, you will be sought after. Bickering back and forth with people here hurts you and your career more than it helps.

If you step back, I think you will see that I am right.

Your friend,

Laura

bluewolf
03-19-2003, 06:58 AM
Larry,

I hope you did not take my previous post as meaning that this is all your fault. I think that the point is that being vocal on a public forum is not good for your career.

I will give two examples.

Downtown called xxxx a fly by night instructor. xxxx defended himself here. Downtown insulted yyyy. yyyy wrote with his email and invited downtown to write back so that they could discuss things.

xxxx, even though he is well liked here, did run the risk, in my opinion of being involved in a 'mud slinging' (even though he was right) on a public forum. yyyy by keeping this off the forum gave no opportunity for gossip on ccb about his school or his person.

Things worked out fine for both, both are still having a flourishing business but when a professional engages in battle on a public forum, I do think that there is a sizable risk.

Another pro posts on ccb. zzzz offers insight but does not participate in bashing wars. zzzz school is not affected by ccb except in a positive way imo.

It is just my humble opinion that a pro is already high profile and the least they say about their personal life and the least they get involved in controvery, the better it will help their career.

The three pros I mentioned are well thought of here and get a lot of business from ccb. I think that in time you would be too.

Laura

Popcorn
03-19-2003, 08:28 AM
Larry loves the attention, If others were not talking about him, he would be talking about himself. I think he is a big boy and can handle it. He dishes out as much as he receives.

#### leonard
03-19-2003, 10:02 AM
My favorite shot is the three balls in the corner with the cueball in the crotch and with a simple reverse draw score a three cushion billiard. You have to execute the shot to understand the simplicity of the shot.####

Rod
03-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Leonard,
I really like that shot. If the balls are far enough away from the corner it can be done on a pool table. I first saw that shot made by an oriental woman.

Rod

preacherman
03-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Good story - Maybe I'll get to use it someday - lol

Jim

Troy
03-19-2003, 09:54 PM
The usefulness of this ability escapes me. Is there anyone that can explain when/where/how
shots such as 11 rails, 3 table length draw, etc., are useful in a true game situation ???
I doubt it. It only applies in trick shot situations IMO.

Troy

TomBrooklyn
03-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Troy,
What is the usefulness of running a mile in under four minutes?
What is the usefulness of hitting a baseball 550 feet?
What is the usefulness of standing on top of Mount Everest?
What is the usefulness of walking on the moon?

It may be the desire to explore the limits of human achievement.

Tommy_Davidson
03-20-2003, 03:43 AM
&gt; After my oppenent left me this shot,I decided to try and win from his unforced error,and made the following 7 rail position shot. START(
%GX3G7%ID0M9%Pg9V9%QF2X7%Ug4[6%VC0G5%WW7I3%Xg8V9%Y[1C5%ZX6F2
%[J5C7%\W2H0%]C7G2%^J2C7%eC2`9%_g1D3%`s2Q5%ag7[5%bF6Z9%cB9W8
%df2C9
)END The cue ball barely made it point A,leaving me so shocked that I had to appear to have executed the shot exactly as I had planned,to keep from falling in the floor laughing. Please excuse the curved lines in the diagram,I'm kind of new to using the arrows on the WEI table. Tommy D.

Fred Agnir
03-20-2003, 07:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> On an unheated brunswick gold crown billiards table i can make an 8 rail billiard shot. other wise i can hit 9 rails on the same table........................Mike <hr /></blockquote>I was playing on a heated Billiard Table in France, and going 9 rails seemed easy. But, the problem was I didn't want to go 9 rails!

Fred &lt;~~~ maybe not that easy

Sid_Vicious
03-20-2003, 08:00 AM
Amen! sid

Fred Agnir
03-20-2003, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> dear fred, when I did all of my records, I did not cheat, they were all performed at the Mit of the south, Ga Tech University, not in a pool room<hr /></blockquote>Good. I'm happy for you. I never accused you of it, so don't you say I did and then lock it in your false memories.

I on the other hand, cheat.

Fred

Troy
03-20-2003, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Troy,
What is the usefulness of running a mile in under four minutes?
Since running track is a test of speed, the answer should be obvious.

What is the usefulness of hitting a baseball 550 feet?
If the result of hitting that Home Run is 500', so be it.
However, as long as it clears the fence it scores the same.

What is the usefulness of standing on top of Mount Everest?
After determining that there's no air there, after learning that it's extremely cold there, and after computing the actual true elevation, NONE.

What is the usefulness of walking on the moon?
Purely scientific.

It may be the desire to explore the limits of human achievement. <hr /></blockquote>

Sid_Vicious
03-20-2003, 10:16 AM
We used to have a guy on my first team(I captained) we called "famous 5-railer." It was a sarcastic comment which he never heard outload, because even though he could execute this shot fairly well, it cost the team many, many wins. It was automatic that he'd shoot at that when the lanes were open. Shame the guy was chuckled at in private...sid

Popcorn
03-20-2003, 07:10 PM
I find almost anything done on a pool table to be interesting, as do all real pool players.

Troy
03-20-2003, 07:55 PM
"Anything" done on a pool table ??? Mmmmm, never mind... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess then that you feel those of us that do NOT think of trick shots as real
are NOT REAL pool players..... Curious indeed.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I find almost anything done on a pool table to be interesting, as do all real pool players. <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn
03-20-2003, 11:42 PM
I meant it just the way it sounded. If you have no interest in the thread, don't read it. Just because you don't like to have any fun, don't try to spoil everybody else's fun.

Troy
03-21-2003, 07:31 AM
Well son, take the burr out of your saddle, you'll have more fun and enjoy life a whole lot more.