PDA

View Full Version : Accu-stats videos

Predator314
03-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know if Accu-stats ever intends to release DVDs? I only have 1 VCR that is still alive.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-17-2003, 05:05 PM
I had a very nice chat with Pat Fleming while we were at the Derby City Classic.

Pat is working up a deal with a DVD provider. Coding in the DVDs to prevent copying is being worked out. Then the numbers of production runs of "which videos?" is the next big question.

Maybe this summer Pat will have all of this worked out.

03-17-2003, 07:31 PM
I encourage all to try and stop purchasing (or at least purchase fewer) Accu-Stat tapes until they ask, beg and plea Grady Mathews to come back. I love Pat's tapes as much as anyone, but disrespecting Grady was over the line for me.

Kevin Whitt
03-18-2003, 05:18 AM
I have over 200 Accu-stat tapes and my favorite ones is the ones Grady have commented on. I am not exactly sure what happed between Accu-stats and Grady, but it is certainly Accu-stat's loss and everyone that has been entertained by Grady's colorful commentary. Also, I guarantee that I will not learn nothing from the commentary of other people's, but with Grady, I always learned a thing or two from every tape he was involved with.

Kevin Whitt

www.nineballking.com (http://www.nineballking.com), Where the Customer is King!

bluewolf
03-18-2003, 05:59 AM
Another thing. Beware of the accu-stat video club. They give four dollars on every tape and every book if you are in the club. I looked up a couple of the books on amazon and they were cheaper there. It seemed to me that accu-stats has elevated their book costs so it will look like they are giving you a good deal.

Laura

03-18-2003, 07:05 AM
Yup, Grady is tops as a commentator!

eg8r
03-18-2003, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Beware of the accu-stat video club. They give four dollars on every tape and every book if you are in the club. I looked up a couple of the books on amazon and they were cheaper there. It seemed to me that accu-stats has elevated their book costs so it will look like they are giving you a good deal. <hr /></blockquote> You will always be able to find someone cheaper along the way. I don't normally go to Accustats for books, rather the pool videos. Since no one else is doing the same thing here in the US he has sort of monopolized it and he is the only main distributor of pool videos. I would say beware if you do not join the club. At least if you are part of the club you get $4 off the price.

eg8r