PDA

View Full Version : Help me break in my new table!

SPetty
03-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Howdy,

I’m in desperate need of CCBers to help me break in this table:

http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/pics/table2.jpg

Can you come on Saturday the 29th of March to help me break in my new table properly? I don’t seem to be doing a very good job at training it to pocket balls very well…

Hopefully you local guys should be able to make it – it should be a good weekend for a road trip! Of course, by local, I mean that extends well beyond Mansfield…

How about you Houstonians (c’mon Dan, it’s about time for a road trip, eh?)? Austinites? Oklahomans?

I still think it’s a short plane trip from Las Vegas / Phoenix / Cincinatti / NewJersey / NewYork / Ohio / Florida / California …

C’mon CCBers – help out a fellow pool player here…

Did I mention it’s a brand spankin’ new Diamond Pro with the pro cut pockets, brand new Simonis, Artemis cushions, Aramith Super Pro balls? What else would you need?

SPetty~~~PM me for map and details…

Rod
03-17-2003, 08:59 PM
SPetty,
That looks nice, the table blend's. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Ok two questions, who's the shark? Is that sign your brand of te-kill-ya? Well one more, whats' the pair of sandals doing under the table?

~~~ just leave the light on

Barbara
03-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Sorry Susan,

But I need the weekend following the Expo to recover from the Expo. It sure looks like a sweet setup!!

And have a couple shots for me!! Tequila, that is!!

Barbara

Hopster
03-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Nice looking table.
Best of luck with it.

Rod
03-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Well one more, how many peices of chalk do you need at one end of the table? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif it's a test. JK YKT

Scott Lee
03-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Susan...You'll have to count me out for the March date, but I AM planning to come to Terrell on April 23rd!

Scott

Sid_Vicious
03-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Ain't no doubt that I'll make it. Bet that didn't surprise you much ;-) sid

Gayle in MD
03-18-2003, 07:51 AM
Hi there,

Nice set up kiddo! Congrats!! Glad to hear you got the pro cut pockets. Your game will really go up from practicing on that table, and you'll have a lot of fun watching all your friends, who are good players, rattle those balls in the pockets, LOL. Great Table! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have fun friend...
Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2003, 07:52 AM
Yo S, wassup,

I would, but I have to buy an engagement ring and then my fiscal year will be over...sigh...

That's a great set-up. I see you got the Cuervo poster in the pic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Jukebox and all. Wow.

We'll have to add a new acronym to the CCB lexicon. PPPH-Petty Point Pool Hall.

And what ever happened with the barbox situation?

socrates
03-18-2003, 07:58 AM
The room looks fantastic. - Congratulations.

Will need to take a rain check for the opening day ceremonies.

I am sure everyone who attends will have a good time.

Cheers,

Eric.
03-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Hi Susan,

Nice set-up! I think I'll sleep in the game room /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Wish I could make it, sounds like a fun weekend. Only problem is my darn job and other responsibilities cramping my lifestyle, but thanks!

Eric

Vagabond
03-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Howdy,
Congratulations.On a diamond table with procut pockets u need to stroke the ball with TABLE SPEED only and also u aim to the leather of the pocket only(There are exceptions to the pro players).U are going to have lots of fun.Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
03-18-2003, 09:20 AM
I looks great SPetty. I know you are going to have a lot of fun with that table.
Wish I could be there for the grand opening.

Now that you have made the invitation to everyone and they are on their way, have you considered the next major task?

How do you get them to LEAVE????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
03-18-2003, 10:37 AM
I'll be there, how about bringing a map to the Scotch doubles tournament this Friday? I'll give a copy to Sid.

Also, get me a head count about a week early if you want me to make chili for the crowd.

SpiderMan

Kato
03-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Susan, very impressive. Unfortunately work, saving money for a new cue, the U.S. Open, and closing on my new condo May 1 will prohibit me from making the trip. Just crank up that jukebox and whoop up on the boys.

Sweet set up.

Kato~~~also wonders how many pieces of chalk are on that table? I only have 1 piece on mine.

SPetty
03-18-2003, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod, the insatiable inquiring mind:</font><hr>Who's the shark? Is that sign your brand of te-kill-ya? What's the pair of sandals doing under the table? How many pieces of chalk do you need at one end of the table?<hr /></blockquote>First of all, did you happen to notice a pool table in that picture? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Geez, I guess I should have paid more attention to the background. Good thing I didn't post that other picture of the table! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The shark is a gift from my nephew that he won at the fair. Yes, that's my brand of tequila. What you think are sandals is really the front end of a stuffed alligator that keeps the sharks away that I won at the state fair winning that four ball pool game. One can never have too much chalk...

Hope that helps!

SPetty
03-18-2003, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>Your game will really go up from practicing on that table, and you'll have a lot of fun watching all your friends, who are good players, rattle those balls in the pockets...<hr /></blockquote>Hi Gayle,

Thanks for your help in helping me choose this table. Maybe it'll be fun watching my friends rattle those balls, but it sure ain't fun watching me rattle 'em! Like I said, I'm not training this table correctly... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
03-18-2003, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>You'll have to count me out for the March date, but I AM planning to come to Terrell on April 23rd!<hr /></blockquote>Well, the guest room isn't quite finished yet, but I've got a big floor if you want to stay on the air mattress in the pool hall. Looking forward to seeing you then.

Voodoo Daddy
03-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Nice invite Susan...wish I could but I cant EVER see myself in the Lone Star State again. If I was gonna go, it would be to help break your table in VOODOO style. Good luck and make sure Spiderman's chili doesnt touch the table...I hear that TX chili can melt slate!!!

SPetty
03-18-2003, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> And what ever happened with the barbox situation? <hr /></blockquote>Thanks for asking. The little baby barbox is still sitting at my place all covered up, waiting. For what? The dealer is trying to determine exactly what the dimensions are of the tables that are set up in Vegas, because that's the criteria for the table I want. The irony of it is that this table came from a guy who wanted the same thing when he bought the table several years ago.

Doesn't anyone around here have a definite answer of the Vegas bar box size? Does anyone know Gary Benson and could give him a call for me?

I guess I should touch base back with the dealer and see how it's going...

Congratulations on the engagement!

Sid_Vicious
03-18-2003, 12:22 PM
I can't make out the tequilla label, which brand is your personal choice????sid~~~pool,,,had to mention pool or get the wrath of the non-related police ;-)

eg8r
03-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Great setup. I love the table and lights. This the same setup we play on at Billy Weirs. This only means that my miss rate will continue its steady climb. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can I still come over if I promise not to talk politics/opinions/or facts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Only one fact, everyone here in Tx whoops up on my when playing pool. LOL

eg8r

Rod
03-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Quote Rod, the insatiable inquiring mind:

Well you got me! lol So that's the 4 ball winnings! I guess that alligator is doing his job. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif No sharks on the table, lol and one hiding in the rafters. Why yes I did notice the table, it blends.

Really it looks very nice and it shows you put considerable time into planning your room. Wish I had one just like it. But I have to say, without the gross of chalk on the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~~~rod --- is detail oriented and curious, heck I'd miss the Mona Lisa details examining the picture frame! Good thing you didn't have a frame. lol

Rod
03-18-2003, 12:52 PM
SPetty,
Go to www.bca-pool.com (http://www.bca-pool.com) and send off an email to John Lewis. His addy is there on the site. He will reply within a day. It is a BCA event. Hope you get this straightened out soon. After measuring several Valley's they were 40x80. The one you have must be a 6 footer.

Rod

Gayle in MD
03-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Hi again,
You are so welcome, and I know how you feel. In the beginning, it's tough, but in the long run, your game will really improve by shooting on a Diamond with the pro cut pockets. No gimme's for sure, and in six to eight months, it will be even tighter! Don't worry though, by that time, you will have noticed the great improvment you have made, and you will relish those tight pockets.

Then, when you go out to shoot in public, the pockets seem like buckets, and what you used to think were hard shots, seem easy.

Sometimes, you have to remind yourself when practicing, "Hey, that would have gone in anywhere else" LOL, Like Jim S. used to tell me. Where is he anyway? I miss his posts. He's one of the ones who really helped me decide.

All my best to you friend. You'll never regret your choice, and just think, it was MADE IN AMERICA!!!

Gayle in Md. BUY AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS !!!! Especially NOW!!!!

Sid_Vicious
03-18-2003, 01:20 PM
"Doesn't anyone around here have a definite answer of the Vegas bar box size? Does anyone know Gary Benson and could give him a call for me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Good luck SPetty. I couldn't even get a CB of exact Vegas dimensions when I asked. The whole table might be a REAL challenge...sid

SpiderMan
03-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Susan,

I believe the VNEA and BCA tournaments in Vegas, which are played back-to-back in the Riviera, use the same tables. Here in Dallas, the Valley tables owned by TD Rowe Amusements are supposed to match the tables at VNEA nationals. So, if you measure a local TD Rowe Valley table used by the VNEA leagues, it should match the tables used in BCA nationals also.

Nearest place to your work that (I believe) has TD Rowe Valley tables is Pins and Pockets in Plano. I'm surprised that your table dealer does not know this, he has a team in the local VNEA league!

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> And what ever happened with the barbox situation? <hr /></blockquote>Thanks for asking. The little baby barbox is still sitting at my place all covered up, waiting. For what? The dealer is trying to determine exactly what the dimensions are of the tables that are set up in Vegas, because that's the criteria for the table I want. The irony of it is that this table came from a guy who wanted the same thing when he bought the table several years ago.

Doesn't anyone around here have a definite answer of the Vegas bar box size? Does anyone know Gary Benson and could give him a call for me?

I guess I should touch base back with the dealer and see how it's going...

Congratulations on the engagement!
<hr /></blockquote>

SPetty
03-18-2003, 07:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> SPetty,
Go to www.bca-pool.com (http://www.bca-pool.com) and send off an email to John Lewis. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Rod,

Okee Dokee - email sent! I previously sent email to Betty Harris of BCA, and she responded that it's a Valley 3-1/2 x 7. Well, there's at least three Valley tables that they call seven footers... Even the six footer sitting at my place!

Thanks, I'll let you know if I hear back.

griffith_d
03-19-2003, 12:01 PM
I live in Houston,...it sure looks tempting. I just got a new table in January, myself. It is nice to play on your own table.

It is a nice setup,..the lights are a nice touch.

Griff

SPetty
03-20-2003, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> I live in Houston,...<hr /></blockquote>Hi Griff,

Well, come on up! And load that houstondan fella in the trunk and bring him along too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Michelle
03-21-2003, 05:17 PM
I've got you in my calendar...in pen even!
I will definitely come and give all y'all a run for your money. Or chili, or cookies, or whatever else you wanna bring. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
03-27-2003, 04:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Well one more, how many peices of chalk do you need at one end of the table? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif it's a test. JK YKT <hr /></blockquote>You know, I finally got around to trying to figure out what "YKT" is (figuring it's "You Know That"), and the only thing my internet search turned up was "YKT - Yeast Killer Toxin". /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Are you talking about the tequila? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif And how it's obviously superior to that popular yeast-based lager beverage? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cycopath
03-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Here's a good site for internet lingo acronyms.

http://www.mtv411.com/abbreviations-acronyms.htm

Ps. It ain't there either.

Rod
03-27-2003, 04:55 PM
I left a message in the tip thread cause I thought you might be out for the weekend, then I realized it is Thursday! You know SPetty many times it is the simple things in life that seem perplexing. YKT /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod

Michelle
03-28-2003, 01:43 PM
So, who is coming for sure tomorrow?

I'll be there, though I might not be too bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after being reallllly drunk last night and having to deal blackjack at Hawley's all night tonite!

PS -- I shot 5-0 last night! My first one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Last night's tag line: "Thanks in part to my new Predator SPW!"

SpiderMan
03-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Sid and I will be there, as will my former roommate Brian who lives in East Texas. It was just a convenient halfway point for him to visit with me.

SpiderMan

billy bob
03-28-2003, 02:34 PM
say mam,
the darn plane done broke down it might be days. homers flyin sevirce nevr was relyable. paw sold the backboad er buckboard. where's that darn horse when i need her. gues i'll have to move the chikns and play on my tabel. maybe next time mam but tnks for the invite.

your friend billy bob

9 Ball Girl
03-28-2003, 02:36 PM
So Susan, will you be allowing masse shots? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---jealous in NY!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif