PDA

View Full Version : PHJ in Austin

03-18-2003, 03:11 PM
Does anyone have any info about Poolhall Junkies' release in Austin? Where, when, how to get tickets? I didn't find anything on their website or austin360.com. Also is it just on Friday or is it opening on Friday and will be around for awhile? Thanks.

03-19-2003, 08:29 AM
I am in Dallas and I have searched through every movie theater website I can find and all say PHJ is not showing! Also checked for Austin, San Antonio and Oklahoma City. The official site says it will open Friday March 21 in the Dallas market but I have yet to even see a preview. Anyone out there have the inside scoop?

Thanks!

L.S. Dennis
03-19-2003, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 ball junior:</font><hr> Does anyone have any info about Poolhall Junkies' release in Austin? Where, when, how to get tickets? I didn't find anything on their website or austin360.com. Also is it just on Friday or is it opening on Friday and will be around for awhile? Thanks.
<hr /></blockquote>
My advice to you is don't hesitate to see it whenever it is playing in your area. I spoke to Mike Massey over the weekend (who has a part in the film) and he told me that that movie hasn't done well in it's initial openings so future releases at this point might be in doubt.

It's suppose to be opening here in San Francisco this weekend although I have seen ads for it yet.

Scott Lee
03-19-2003, 08:28 PM
In Chicago, where PHJ opened in 23 theatres three weeks ago,
it is now down to 3-4 theatres, and some with only one showing per evening. Looks like it will go to video or DVD quickly. Too bad...I liked it enough to see it 3 times!

Scott Lee

Icon of Sin
03-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Nothing here in Maryland either for it, I was excited taht it was coming out tomorrow, but now im pissed cause Its not playing anywhere.

Cueless Joey
03-20-2003, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> In Chicago, where PHJ opened in 23 theatres three weeks ago,
it is now down to 3-4 theatres, and some with only one showing per evening. Looks like it will go to video or DVD quickly. Too bad...I liked it enough to see it 3 times!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>
Scott you are a Pool Movie Junkie. lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

03-20-2003, 02:56 PM
I spoke to one person involved in the movie and one of the writer's. It had to do $1 million over the 2 weekends in L.A. to get broad release. The first weekend did $250,000 and with the 2nd weekend it fell well short. Without the broad release the next step is to video. The good news is the video release will probably be better than the movie release because it will contain a number of scenes that were cut that were essential to other scenes. e.g. When the pool hall operator tells him to play the 2 rail safety which didn't make a lot of sense, however, the missing scene was an earlier time where the 2 rail safety was taught to the star.