PDA

View Full Version : Sardo Rack and the WPBA

L.S. Dennis
03-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Does somebody know precisely why the WPBA is no longer using the Sardo Rack?

Rich R.
03-19-2003, 05:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr> Does somebody know precisely why the WPBA is no longer using the Sardo Rack? <hr /></blockquote>
I don't know "precisely", but I would guess it has something to do with money.

Vagabond
03-19-2003, 07:41 AM
Brunswick bid higher than others and hence Sardo was replaced.This is what I learned from some players.cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jjinfla
03-20-2003, 07:48 AM
have any idea how many Sardo racks were made. And how many of those were actually sold.

03-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Do you mean the Tardo rack?

Troy
03-20-2003, 08:02 PM
Sardo put a ton of money into sponsorship hoping the Gizmo would sell.
For obvious reasons, the Gizmo did NOT sell.
They withdrew their sponsorship after a few years.

Geoff
03-21-2003, 12:54 PM
why dont they sell? Maybe this is a real dumb question, but Im kinda new here...I'd never buy one, only because I think its silly to spend that much $$ on a damn rack, do they not work any better then a wood rack done properly?

Perk
03-21-2003, 12:59 PM
The idea behind the Sardo works. Its purpose is to create the perfect rack everytime..LOL...Each time, its TIGHT, and ALIGNED exactly in the same spot. Well the issue with the rack came to consistency. Each break looked exactly the same. Getting rid of the rack will bring back in the human factor back into play.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-21-2003, 01:07 PM
not to mention the cost...about $150

jjinfla
03-21-2003, 01:19 PM
And once the Pros found out how to break with the Sardo the same ball would go in the same pocket every time. then they moved the 9 to the spot and the Pros again found out how to break, nice and soft, and again the same ball goes in the same pocket. But for the average pool room, or home, the Sardo rack is just not that easy to use unless you really prepare the table. And who really wants to do that to their table? Besides, the players like the human element involved in racking.