PDA

View Full Version : 3 cushion question

03-19-2003, 12:55 AM
I have never played three cushion, but am somewhat fascinated by it. However, I am little confused about the rules. I don't understand the significance of the colors of the balls. I know it would be extremely confusing if all the balls were the same color... that is obvious enough.

Are one of the colors designated as the cue ball, and the other two the object balls? Or can you use any of the three balls as the cueball? Is there a particular order in which you have to hit the balls on a shot?

Am I correct that you can hit the first object ball without hitting any cushions, as long as the cue ball hits the second object ball after touching three cushions?

03-19-2003, 01:05 AM
There's a cue ball for each player (yellow and white, dot and white or something similar) and then the red ball.

If you have a good net connection, I suggest downloading or streaming the 4 free previews at caromtv.com!

Rod
03-19-2003, 02:50 AM
You have two cue balls and one red object ball. The c/balls are marked different. You can shoot your c/b into his c/b then go three or more rails to hit the o/b. Or shoot the o/b first then 3 or more to his c/b. Hit three or more rails first then hit both his c/b and the o/b. You can go rail first into his c/b or the o/b but you need three or more rails before hitting the other.

Rod

Jay M
03-19-2003, 05:45 AM
The easy way to remember it is that you have to go a minimum of 3 rails before you hit the SECOND of the other balls. It doesn't matter the combination that happens to get there.

Jay M