PDA

View Full Version : Question about graphite cues

Hopster
03-19-2003, 04:07 PM
I have never played with a graphite cue but i have seen them around and i have never heard anyone say anything good about them. Whats the deal with them , why are they disliked ?
I would figure you wouldnt have the problems that you do with wood shafts. No warping or anything like that.
Anyone have any experience with them ?

Brent
03-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Well Im not an expert on graphite cues but 3 of my friends have QueTec-s. What can I say..the stroke is something else. Not that its bad, but lets just say its kinda weird like it isnt the real thing. Anyways u should try it to know what it feels like. QueTecs jump/breakers have a good reputation though. Dunno why..havent tried.

Carlton31698
03-19-2003, 04:59 PM
As much as I hate to admit it I have owned a graphite cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif when I first started playing( one of the old cuetec solid graphite cues) I hated it! It always felt sticky no mater how much I cleaned the shaft. The wrap did nothing for sweaty hands. If it ever gets hot it will warp. My advice is to stay away from them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

snipershot
03-20-2003, 11:15 PM
I'm proud to own a 19 oz Wizard graphite cue, I've owned it for quite a while now and have had my game improve steadily since purchasing it, it's been exposed to hot and cold temperatures and hasn't warped a bit. One of the reasons they are disliked is because they supposedly become sticky, IMO this happens because sometimes people mistreat them because they are supposedly built so strong nothing will happen to them /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just my opinion.

My advice to you would be to buy one and shoot with it, give it some time it will seem uncomfortable at first, at least it did with me. I think you will be pleased.

Hopster
03-21-2003, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I was more curious than anything about them, i just wanted to know why a lot of people put the knock on them more than anything.
I would like to grab one of those Minnesota Fats graphite cues just to keep more than anything else. Who knows, might be worth something one day.
I still got my first cue that was put out with his name, although his name isnt on the cue itself unfortunately. Cost about $10 or $15 back in the early 70,s.
Unfortunately this one has a click in the ferrule now, must be cracked. Im going to get it fixed one of these days.