PDA

View Full Version : Off To Valley Forge And a Request!!

Barbara
03-19-2003, 04:30 PM
Responses to this post are not necessary. I have only one request. I would like all of the CCB posters who are going to be at VF to stop by the Amateur Tourny desk and intro yourself to me. I will be wearing a "Staff Badge" with my name on it.

The best time to see me is 1/2 hour-45 minutes after a bracket goes off, so please stop by.

Barbara~~~on a mission and I want you to be part of it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TomBrooklyn
03-19-2003, 05:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I would like all of the CCB posters to intro yourself to me. <hr /></blockquote>What if you already know who we are? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
03-19-2003, 06:13 PM
Mr. Brooklyn,

Please report to the Amateur Tournament desk!!

I have to tell you this now because the PA system doesn't go past the bar table area.

Barbara~~~just do it, okay? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif and that goes for all of youse out there, okay??... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris in NC
03-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Barbara, Drayton and myself will be at Valley Forge, along with some other regulars from our poolroom that are joining us for the journey. Unfortunately we waited too late to enter the events and they all filled up, so we won't be playing.

We may check by the tourney desk late Thursday night and/or early Friday morning to see if there have possibly been any no-shows of tourney players in the amateur and/or 14-and-under junior divisions due to the war situation.

Barbara, do you happen to know whether if there are any no-shows of paid contestants, will these spots be filled by other eager players waiting to play, or will their opponents simply be given byes?

Look forward to seeing you and the others. - Chris in NC

bluewolf
03-20-2003, 07:25 AM
ww and I are driving up on sat. We had to cancel our hotel to spend it on the dogs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif no biggie we are only two hours away.

We will come by to see barbara, also dr d is at booth 30 and Larry is at 37-38. If anyone else knows the booth number, please tell me what number and level you will be on because I would like to meet as many ccbers as I can. I also will not remember the name of your booth but i remember numbers so will remember the booth number.

Laura

Deeman
03-20-2003, 07:47 AM
I will be going up on Friday morning but had not entered the tournament just because I heard Chris and the other Carolina boys were going to get in and I didn't have a prayer!!! Now, I guess I should have entered!!

See you all there.

Dee

Barbara
03-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Chris,

You should have just put your names in anyway to get on the waiting list.

Paid no-shows are replaced with waiting bodies on the spot. Then the no-shows are refunded their money. Go see Nadine Mazzola ASAP today to get Drayton on a waiting list. Unfortunately, the men's open waiting list will be hopelessly long already, but Drayton may have a chance to get in.

Good luck!

Barbara

Eric.
03-20-2003, 08:51 AM
No problem, Barbara- I'll just ask for Mrs. Staff Badge /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See ya there!

Eric

Ross
03-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Barbara, I will be sure to stop by and say hello.

I will arrive there tomorrow (Friday) in the late afternoon. Unfortunately I also will not be in the tourney since I thought I would be able to sign up once I got there. (Will someone sneak my name on the waiting list? Even though that doesn't sound like it will help.)

I haven't been keeping up with the posts about this - are there any plans for a CCB get-together over dinner or some mini-tourney? In any case, I look forward to seeing the CCB'ers I met at the Open and Chris who I know from taking lessons at his pool room, and to meeting other CCB posters. And meeting "Fast Larry" should be a hoot! (I mean that in a positive way, Larry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

9 Ball Girl
03-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Well, I'm off to VF. Should be there by about 8:30. Y'all behave yourselves now, ya hear? I'm taking my camera so I'll try to post some pics if I get some good ones.

Wendy~~try not to miss me too much /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Popcorn
03-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Hope you will take a lot of pictures and post them. I had to cancel my trip due to the war stuff. Maybe next year.

TomBrooklyn
03-21-2003, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr>I had to cancel my trip due to the war stuff. <hr /></blockquote>Are you in Iraq or in the military?

Popcorn
03-21-2003, 04:33 PM
Wife had to go out of town on business, and there is no one to watch the animals.

TomBrooklyn
03-22-2003, 01:14 AM
I know someone else who had the same problem, Popcorn. Maybe Allan could make a dog kennel area for pet owners next year. It could be by the Amateur Tournament desk and Barbara could watch them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fast_eddie_B
03-22-2003, 05:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Responses to this post are not necessary. I have only one request. I would like all of the CCB posters who are going to be at VF to stop by the Amateur Tourny desk and intro yourself to me. I will be wearing a "Staff Badge" with my name on it.

The best time to see me is 1/2 hour-45 minutes after a bracket goes off, so please stop by.
<hr /></blockquote>

I would have loved to stop by and meet everyone from this forum, but, unfortunately, my a bad twist of fate has kept me from the expo this year. I am very upset about it right now. I feel like punching the wall. real, real hard, cause when i was in europe, i knew i would be home for this event and had great expectations of being there. At least, to side bet, ya know. The military still has me messed up and i'm not talking about the war, either. I am still adjusting to my life back in the states, since i have only been back here about a month. I was supposed to have my income tax back, but the frickin bank denied my quick cash loan. Can anyone believe that? A bank denying a loan that is totally guaranteed. How bogus. and they beep beep's still get ten bucks out of my pocket. Anyways, not to make a seriously long story out of this post. Cause, I've been known to do that when i am pissed and really need to vent. Enless there is some great miracle by god that gets me a butt load of money in a matter of say six, seven hours, I sadly cannot attend, again.

fast_eddie_B-----The tired, upset, angered at the world, broke shortstop

p.s.
good luck to all of you out there who are competing in the amateur tourney
P.S.S
by the way, Pat Mcnally won the amateur tourney about ten years ago down there. Anyone heard of him yet. He should be all over the books by now, though i haven't seen any issues lately, i heard he is playing great now. I heard he beat duell very dominately down in ac.

p.s.s.s
by some great miracle that i do find myself taking the open road and finding my way there, with or without a lot of money, could someone post the addy for the convention center. I was going to go with my boys who are all there crammed up in a hotel room right now, but stuff happens.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-22-2003, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote fast_eddie_B:</font><hr>
....I was supposed to have my income tax back, but the frickin bank denied my quick cash loan. Can anyone believe that? A bank denying a loan that is totally guaranteed. How bogus.

<font color="blue">That happened to me once. Even though I had bad credit at the time I still didn't understand. </font color>

....could someone post the addy for the convention center.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Typ&amp;ed=ZOC3DOp_0TpdHJz8p7oTGJsNCF2LIHp cMfHaAjoa7XRq9fNTb4XHsiOHTcX7hpffQC0en79IozYDTaf4&amp; csz=King+Of+Prussia&amp;country=us&amp;cs=0&amp;name=&amp;desc=&amp;po ititle=&amp;poi=&amp;uz=&amp;ds=n&amp;BFKey=&amp;BFCat=&amp;BFClient=&amp;mag=-1614811496&amp;newmag=8

<hr /></blockquote>