PDA

View Full Version : No Poolhall Junkies Premiere in San Francisco . .

Photoguy
03-21-2003, 06:36 PM
As I suspected, Poolhall Junkies did not open today as it was previously advertised. Anybody have an update on when the next wave of release might be? And Please don't refer me to Poolhalljunkies.com . . . that site has never worked. Is there anybody in the pool industry that knows anything about advertising and promotion? It sure doesn't seem so . . . That includes the major magazines, the major tours, etc.

cycopath
03-21-2003, 07:53 PM
It's www.poolhalljunkiesmovie.com (http://www.poolhalljunkiesmovie.com), but not much info there. I don't think it's been updated in a while.

L.S. Dennis
03-21-2003, 08:38 PM
I just got through looking for it here in San Francisco as well and no sign of it.

From everything that I've heard it didn't do well on it's initial releases so we might have to wait for video.

Too bad

fast_eddie_B
03-22-2003, 06:40 AM
All I gotta say is, let me make a pool movie and i guarantee i can do better. From what i hear, it's supposed to be a let down.

thepoolnerd
03-22-2003, 07:57 AM
Same here in Columbus. Not showing anywhere within 90 miles. It is out on video outside of the US and it has been bumping around the internet. Ebay has the VHS for $30 and the DVD for $80.

cueball1950
03-22-2003, 09:39 PM
getting tired of waiting for it to come here. i just may not go see it if and when it does show here......MIke

bell
03-22-2003, 11:07 PM
PHJ is a big failure in so many ways. Do not look for it in a theater near you.

L.S. Dennis
03-23-2003, 12:21 AM
Well it certainly seems to a failure at the box office, although the film itself is actually supposed to be not bad.

Practically everyone who has seen it says that it is definetely better than 'The Color Of Money' but not as good as 'The Hustler'. I suspect that this is pretty accurate. I still plan to see it although most likely it will have to be on video at this point.

03-24-2003, 08:20 AM
I'd rather watch COM multiple times than PHJ, so to me PHJ gets bronze. It's still the third best pool movie I've seen, so that ain't bad... or?!

Wally_in_Cincy
03-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Maybe it will become more popular when it goes to video or HBO, a la "Eddie and the Cruisers"

We can only hope.