PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge- How everyone do?

dg-in-centralpa
03-22-2003, 08:01 PM
I had a bye my first round, won my second, and got crushed my third. On a side note, I watched the male pros and was treated to some great matches. Earl Strickland lost to Jose Parica 10 - 3. Earl gave up after the third game. He was hanging his head, and just wishing for the end. Cory Duel is out of the tournament as well. He lost a hill hill match to Fabio Petroni. The afternoon session for the men was well attended. I never made it to the women's to see how they were doing. Any comments on the women? The show was packed as usual with fans, buyers, and overall enthusiasts. Thewre were many great buys to be had. Tom (Dr. Cue)Rossman was there doing his show. I got to play him a game of 8 ball yesterday. He won, but it was fun anyway.

ShayneinDayton
03-24-2003, 08:09 AM
DG - I did the same as you. I did get a great come from behind win in round two. This guy won the first set 5-1, then had me in the second set 4-1 and was down to an easy eight ball with the nine hanging in the jaws. I was sitting there thinking that I came all the way here just to win two stinking games of nineball. Then he missed the eight. I jumped up and caught a gear and won nine straight games to get the second set 5-4 and the third set 5-0. That poor guy will never play pool again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Had a great time.
Shayne

TomBrooklyn
03-24-2003, 11:27 AM
I had to play only one game of nine-ball. Dr. Cue refereed the game. I don't feel like talking anymore about it right now, though, except to say I have to work on speed control.