PDA

View Full Version : What a Day!

Karatemom
03-23-2003, 02:57 PM
We went up to the hospital this morning to find Chris was beginning to shave. He hates stubble, LOL. Got him all nice and clean and the nurse put his BiPap back on. He had been off for over an hour. His SAT levels stay normal while he's off, which is wonderful news! They have been giving him an Ativan 3 times a day to calm him down. No news yet as to when he'll be able to talk or when exactly he'll be home.

Then I had to stop and get an ink cartridge for my printer at Best Buy. Because I do the school newsletter, I get reimbursed the cost, lucky me, LOL. Christ saw the new Game Boy Advanced SP, and of course, wanted it! No way, it's $100.

So he decides that we can bring his GBA and the games that he doesn't want anymore to Video Games Etc., a place that will take your trade ins and put them towards the purchase of something else.

Okay, I'm thinking, there's no way this kid has got $100 worth of trade in value, but I'll fork over $20 if he's got $80. So they start adding everything up, all the games and the GBA. He's got $119 in trade ins!!!!!! So, being the nice mom that I am, I told him he could pick out a new game for his new system. So for only $11.79 of my money, he got a new GBA sp and a new game, Metroid Fusion.

For all of this hassle, he has to be my slave for a week! I've got him cleaning out both cars right now and picking up all the trash that has collected around our house. Next comes raking the leaves and cleaning his room, hahahaha.

Then, a bit earlier, before he went outside to clean the cars, he was going to play with Mary, the gerbil, for a bit. He comes running back here to tell me that he broke her tail! I asked him if he broke it or broke it off. He broke about an inch of her tail completely off!!! He was in a massive panic attack, so I very calmly called the vet who told me that their tails are quite similar to the tail of a ghecko. Their tails can break off and grow back. That relieved him, but I could tell he still felt really bad. Mary is fine, a little rambunctious, but fine.

Hopefully, the rest of my day will be quiet, LOL.

Heide

WaltVA
03-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Heide - What great news! So glad to hear Chris' continuing progress. Good luck with Christ as slave-for-a-week; tell him not to worry about Mary's tail - that gerbil has joined a family of survivors!
Best regards, Walt in VA

Troy
03-23-2003, 03:22 PM
OK Heide, that's good about CC, but it's also enough excitment for you in one day..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
03-23-2003, 03:28 PM
Great news Heidi, and best regards to Chris. Keep the faith kiddo.
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
03-23-2003, 04:38 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom
03-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Got a little more news about Chris when we went back this evening. They had him on a monitor that fit in the pocket of his hospital gown that measured his heart rate, bp, etc. The dr decided it wasn't necessary anymore so all of those little round sticky things got taken off. He was kind of tired so we didn't stay long, but he is improving each and everyday.

Heide

Ralph S.
03-24-2003, 06:56 AM
Heide, that is great news to hear about Chris. Sounds like he is improving by leaps and bounds. As far as Christ, thats great you got him the game and he was able to upgrade his system at no cost. Now you just gotta quit being a slave driver and let him play it!! LOL!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-24-2003, 01:36 PM
Great news Heide,

Shaving is OK, I guess. Maybe I'll try that some day. NOT!

You should have left the round sticky things on Chris. It could be fun to play connect the dots. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
03-24-2003, 01:53 PM
To top that whole damn day off, I fried my keyboard by accidentally spilling pop on it. Had to go out this afternoon and buy a new one. I'm sure glad yesterday is over, LOL.

Chris is doing fine. He was awfully tired today. He didn't feel like doing his PT today when the therapist came in. They don't force him to do it, so I won't get on his case. But when he's feeling better, I will, LOL.

They've still got him on Ativan, which calms him down so much that he gets very sleepy. He was on it when he had the chemo, too. He's doing really well though. They got a bunch of crap from his tube today, the more he gets out the less he'll have in there.

Will go back today after my dentist appt and hopefully he'll be more awake by then.

I did let Christ play with his new GBASP for a while before I made him my slave, hahahaha. See, I'm not that mean /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Heide

Rich R.
03-25-2003, 06:43 AM
As Chris's strength comes back, I'm sure he will be more willing to do the PT.
If not, kick him in the A$$. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mr Ingrate
03-25-2003, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> He's doing really well though. They got a bunch of crap from his tube today, the more he gets out the less he'll have in there. <hr /></blockquote>

Heide,

When that happened after my bowel resection, they released me. Please tell Chris that I'm so glad he is doing well. His ordeal makes mine seem trivial by comparison. Our operations were at the opposite ends of the waste management system. Just can't stop those scatalogical references. I hope you have him back soon!