PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge applause

woody
03-23-2003, 09:19 PM
I would like to start a response to the wonderful job Allen and Dawn did for this years Expo. I'm not interested in this post for anything negative, if thats what you want to say than start your own post. I thought the tournament went off excellent and a round of applause to the staff. Secondly those Diamond tables have got to be some of the best tables I have ever played on. Lets make sure they are back for next year.

bluewolf
03-24-2003, 06:13 AM
Unfortunately I did not get to see the whole thing because I had something else sceduled for sunday.

We drove up on saturday and looked at all the booths. We bought a few 'trinkets' and I looked at the cases. Decided on a whitten, which I am rewarding myself with when I get to sl5.Whitten had samples of all of the color leathers so I could look at them and discuss options I want.

I saw lots of other nice cases too (justis, instroke, newyork,porper and others) and loads of beautiful cues. Some of them had a table you could hit on to check out the feel of the cue.Our own ccb vicki who was selling custom cues said they had done well. Apparently lots of cues were sold so it seems to have been profitable for the vendors.

We also saw a new booth where a company is putting out dvds like accustat. He said the pro players in the matches commentate their shot. We also came home with three free billiards magazines from bd competitors.

I saw fast larry at a booth which was selling tables. They had a neat variety of exhibitions including his.

Unfortunately, we did not get to watch the pros but did see some of the amateur women playing and many of them were very good.

Sorry, Barbara, we came by the amateur booth to see you, but you were on break. These ladies at that booth were really working hard.

From what little I saw, I would say that Hopkins had a fine event and we had fun going to it.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
03-24-2003, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

....Decided on a whitten, which I am rewarding myself with when I get to sl5..... <hr /></blockquote>

If you can win and remain a 2 or 3 I'm sure your teammates will chip in and buy the Whitten for you.

Wally~~knows the quest for sl5 status is not always best for the team.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-24-2003, 07:59 AM
The amateurs played on Diamond bar tables?

I went to VF in 2000 and enjoyed it immensely.

eg8r
03-24-2003, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Decided on a whitten, ... I saw lots of other nice cases too (justis, instroke, newyork,porper and others) <hr /></blockquote> Not that I would offer you to go to the snake den and post, you should go read some of the threads at RSB on cases. Those people get rough. LOL John Barton (previously John Collins owner of Instroke) is usually on there spouting off against the same old people every time a case is brought into discussion. I would not tell you to read these to get information, but more for the comical banter these people go through. Very rough....

Did you get to see Larry's 11 rail bank? I still would love to see this. Also, did anyone go through any of Larry sessions and learn the force follow and draw shots? I am not asking you to teach it here as that is up to Larry, but I was just wondering if he teaches those shots any different than other instructors.

I am happy you had a great time. Maybe one year I will get to see it myself.

eg8r

wolfsburg2
03-24-2003, 08:54 AM
i wish i could have went but my schedule wouldn't allow. next year for sure. i just bought a case this past week. i believe it is imperial brand. 2 butt 2 shaft /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i am real happy with it it is black cloth(leather is a little too bling for me), and has storage pockets for trinkets.

bluewolf
03-24-2003, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

....Decided on a whitten, which I am rewarding myself with when I get to sl5..... <hr /></blockquote>

If you can win and remain a 2 or 3 I'm sure your teammates will chip in and buy the Whitten for you.

Wally~~knows the quest for sl5 status is not always best for the team. <hr /></blockquote>

After spending the day with scott yesterday, I somehow think that status will be hard to hold onto /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Fred Agnir
03-24-2003, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> The amateurs played on Diamond bar tables?<hr /></blockquote>Yup. They were awesome, as expected.

Fred &lt;~~~ wasn't so awesome, as expected

bluewolf
03-24-2003, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Did you get to see Larry's 11 rail bank? I still would love to see this. Also, did anyone go through any of Larry sessions and learn the force follow and draw shots? I am not asking you to teach it here as that is up to Larry, but I was just wondering if he teaches those shots any different than other instructors.

I am happy you had a great time. Maybe one year I will get to see it myself.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I really did not get to see Larry very much. We were there for a very short time like 5 hours and trying to see everything. I did make a point to go by and introduce myself to Larry, but it seemed that when I went by there, this pro was playing people to see if they could beat him.

I did not get to see Larry's specialized shots but i think he is coming by my area on his way back to ga so hopefully I can see him.

The reason I wasnt at vf for long was because I had an all day lesson with scott Lee on sunday. Now I can draw but am also anxious to see how Larry does it different. Also heard he has a killer masse.

Laura

wolfsburg2
03-24-2003, 09:46 AM
i taught the wife what i consider beginners draw, which is to jack up the back of the cue a bit and shoot down on the ball. it works for now and now she is able to get easy leaves that she had no chance on before /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif as time goes by we will work on actually stroking for draw, but for now it is good enough to get her by.