PDA

View Full Version : Moori Tips for $7.50 each delivered.

cycopath
03-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Barringer Cues is selling Moori tips for $7.50 each delivered on eBay. Sounds like a good deal to me. If you want a couple better get em fast. It's a dutch auction so you can order as many as you want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3600751075&category=21 210#BID1

Irish
03-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Fakes.

cycopath
03-24-2003, 02:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Irish:</font><hr> Fakes. <hr /></blockquote>I thought the same thing. But then I figured Barringer would'nt want to associate themselves with an inferior product. And then I thought even if they don't know they are selling a fake, it's got to be worth $7.50 for a layered tip anyway. I figure it has to be as good as a Talisman anyway.

tateuts
03-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Barringer is not selling fakes. Anyone who knows Barringer knows this.

Barringer is in a dispute with Talisman. Talisman won't sell to Barringer because Barringer sells on E-Bay.

While I don't condone dealers and manufacturers bringing their pissing-matches to the public on E-Bay, I certainly condone being able to buy the far superior Moori's for $7.50. I bought six.

But, that's just my opinion.

Chris

Chris

Carlton31698
03-24-2003, 07:29 PM
I have never played with a moori tip. How do they play? hard? Is it a layered tip?

bell
03-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanks cyco, This is a super post. Sounds like a good deal but I now will take Talisman over Moori.

Troy
03-24-2003, 09:20 PM
While I'm sure Barringer's is honest, I wou'dn't want to bet on it. There are "Moori" tips being made in China complete with the "correct" lettering, etc. However, they do NOT wear as well as the real thing did and they tend to de-laminate.

A poor, fake Moore is NO substitute for a Talisman Pro tip. IMO I have a couple ex Moore users who are now sold on Talisman Pro's.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I thought the same thing. But then I figured Barringer would'nt want to associate themselves with an inferior product. And then I thought even if they don't know they are selling a fake, it's got to be worth $7.50 for a layered tip anyway. I figure it has to be as good as a Talisman anyway. <hr /></blockquote>

PQQLK9
03-26-2003, 08:37 AM
EBay cancelled my order so I ordered direct from Barringer.
I talked to Joe and he assured me that everything is legit.

I received the following email from EBay...

"Dear ****************
The following listing:

3600751075 - Boycott Talisman/BUY MOORI only $7.50ea dlvd

has been removed from eBay for violating eBay policy. Since this listing was removed, you are not required to complete the transaction.

For a complete list of eBay&amp;#146;s policies, please visit":

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

Yuppie
03-26-2003, 10:04 AM
I wonder which of the PayPal policies the original auction was in violation of?

Will a player who has been playing for 5 months notice a difference with a moori?

Jimmy Mendoza
03-26-2003, 10:51 AM
I purchased some tips through that auction. I hope that I receive the tips!

John G
03-26-2003, 12:23 PM
I've done a lot of business with Joe Barringer. If he says the're Moories, then the're Moories. Good guy to do business with. Recommend him highly. John G

Michelle
03-26-2003, 01:48 PM
For those of you who do not usually follow rec.sport.billiard, here is a link to a thred there that has been going on regarding Barringer and Talisman:

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&amp;hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;threadm=b5r1j9%24k4a%40dispatch.concentric.net&amp;p rev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26group%3Drec.sport.billiard

SpiderMan
03-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Have you bought any wood from him? What was it like?

SpiderMan

tateuts
03-26-2003, 01:56 PM
E-Bay has rules and regulations about ads. You can't compare two name brand products in a title. The auction was probably cancelled, and it should have been, because somebody complained and it was insulting to Talisman.

Barringer is a damn good supplier. They lost their cool a little in this case. Obviously, he was furious. Talisman's are sold on E-Bay too - so I don't quite get the dispute.

My experience is this:

I purchased about six Talisman's from Atlas, and I had Dale Perry install a Talisman on a new shaft (at extra cost). I had a Moori installed on another shaft, same cue.

The Moori feels better and holds chalk better than the Talisman. In fact, I prefer a Le Pro to a Talisman. My favorite tip is definitely Moori. I would not be playing a layered tip at all except for Moori. I like the way Moori plays, like a Le Pro or other good leather tip, but they are far more consistent from tip to tip, hold thir edge, and they don't mushroom out. They need to be scuffed up every once in a while, but they last a long, long time.

To me, Moori feels right, and Talisman doesn't. But that's just me.

Chris

Popcorn
03-26-2003, 06:53 PM
Too much there to read, but he is way off the mark. A company can set price guide lines to protect other dealers as well as the value of the product. If you violate the rules they cut you off as a dealer. What does Joe think, if they don't want to do business with him he can sue them? I used to sell McDermott cues in my room. Another room began selling McDermott cues at their cost. They figured it was good business to please a customer due to the good deal on the cue, rather then make a few bucks on a cue sale. Needless to say, some of the players that bought cues from me came back to complain they could have bought it for almost half the price over there. I complained to McDermott about what the other guy was doing. They said they don't tell dealers what to sell cues for. I had been a long time McDermott dealer but had to drop them because they did not protect their dealers. They would sell to anybody who wanted to buy a few cues at wholesale price. No business license no nothing. It is just bad business and I never liked McDermott after that. They were just too money hungry with no loyalty.

Steve/McDermott
03-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Well...we (McDermott) can not legally tell people what to sell cues for...we CAN tell people what to advertise our cues for..and we do...and have for many years. You can't discount a current line McDermott by more then 20% off retail.

You should give us a call Popcorn. 800-666-2283. My Extension is 127. Thanks, Steve

UWPoolGod
03-27-2003, 03:35 PM
Does Barringer have a website that can be ordered from?

Cueless Joey
03-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Barringer is being a hypocrite here imo.
He sold tips at Fleabay with a stipulation you wouldn't put them on Fleabay weeks ago.

Popcorn
03-27-2003, 04:22 PM
I probably should have just said "a cue company" and not used names. This was a few years ago anyway. Honestly though, would you now continue to sell to a dealer who sells your cues at cost when, you have other dealers in the same area? Wouldn't you just cut the guy off? There are guys around town that sell out of the trunks of their cars, and if they make $25. on a $250. cue they don't care, there is plenty more where those came from and no overhead. It is a pain when they come into a room, you don't want to seem rude, but what's fair is fair. Do you lurk here often? It is interesting who is reading.

SPetty
03-27-2003, 04:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Do you lurk her often?<hr /></blockquote>Lurk her? I don't even know her! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
03-27-2003, 04:44 PM
How would you lurk her? Is this some kind of new yuppie stuff? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif BTW have fun at the pool players convention. Your table might be shocked when balls start going in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I still would like to hear about the 7 footer, how it plays, rail speed etc. A full weekend report is due monday by all. LOL

Rod