PDA

View Full Version : Barred From League For Playing Too Good?

TomBrooklyn
03-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Has this ever happened? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

(I don't mean someone who was found to be sandbagging, I mean someone who was felt to play too much better than the highest skill level the league accommodated.) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpiderMan
03-24-2003, 03:25 PM
In one of our local leagues, there are different divisions based on skill level. You can be "moved up" based on skill level, but I have never heard of anyone being "moved out" by being too good for the highest skill level. The upper-bracket league players around here are pretty strong. Even if a pro-caliber player wanted to participate, I think he'd be welcomed.

SpiderMan

03-24-2003, 05:44 PM
I've never heard of that. I've seen APA 7's(highest APA 8-Ball handicap) win nine out of ten matches session after session and are still allowed to play.

Kato
03-25-2003, 09:22 AM
Our Wednesday night league is Open. If a pro wanted to play he could. This division was basically started so Dennis Searing could play. I guess if Efren moved to Ft. Lauderdale and wanted to play league 8 ball he could play in our league.

Kato~~~hasn't ever heard of anyone getting booted from league. Usually a player that good will just quit because it's too easy.

Fred Agnir
03-25-2003, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Has this ever happened? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

(I don't mean someone who was found to be sandbagging, I mean someone who was felt to play too much better than the highest skill level the league accommodated.) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>Probably.

Fred &lt;~~~ no chance of getting barred

03-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Didn't you know, you're not allowed to play good..... what were you thinking!!!! People like you should be ashamed of yourself's.

bluewolf
03-25-2003, 08:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Has this ever happened? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I dont know if this has ever happened but the apa manual does say that a person can be barred if they are a known professional, whatever that means.

Laura

Irish
03-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Friend of mine is not allowed to play in the BCA leagues at all. He is allowed to be on a VNEA team as the only pro ranked player (you are allowed one pro on a VNEA team i believe so anyone is allowed on a team), he is not allowed to play in the singles competition though at all. He won the BCA masters singles in vegas once before they kicked him out I believe. He is no longer welcome in the BCA at all (singles or teams) and is only allowed in the VNEA masters teams event now. We dont have APA up here in Canada.

bluewolf
03-26-2003, 06:03 AM
I have no knowlege of BCA or TAP. All I know is that the APA is a league for amateurs not pros.

The only problem I have is when the pro is such a low level pro, they are little better if better at all than some of the APA sl7s. I do know that in our area, we have a few sl7 A players who play in our wed night open tournie which is a tough tough nine ball event.

The sun tourn I play in is sl4-sl7 for the most part. There are a bunch of sl7 but most of them seem to be b players.

Laura

Laura

caedos
03-27-2003, 09:54 AM
Ralph Soquet played one night in the SouthWest Eightball League. It went over very well with no problems at all. He stood in for Bob Vanover, another professional that is in the league. Leslie Ann Rogers is another professional in the league. I think half of the reason the 'A' players play in SWEL is to play at the highest level available for $15 a week. The roster is littered with BCA Master level players, and we like it that way. It helps us to be better players.

Carl Oswald

The hotter the flame, the stronger the steel!
Turn up the heat!

Predator314
03-27-2003, 10:01 AM
I wish we had more "pro" caliber players that shot in our league. It makes all the lesser players better. There are currently three guys that shoot way above all the rest of us. I've beaten all three of them a time or two straight up. I know I can't hang with them in the long run though. I shoot better against those guys than anyone else in the league. I also learn more from them. They make the game look easy.