PDA

View Full Version : For Your Reading Pleasure...a tad bit long

9 Ball Girl
03-24-2003, 09:08 PM
This one is for those who went to Virginia last year and know about my travel catastrophe. Well, all I can say is that I'm definitely a hazard to myself when I travel alone. Here's my Valley Forge story:

So I leave work on Thursday because I have a 6:30 train to catch. I get to NY Penn Station. The train is on time. I'm supposed to get to the Paoli, PA train station at 8:40 PM. Everything is going smooth 'til the train breaks down somewhere in Jersey. Some place called Metuchen.

The train is out of commission so a plank is built on the train tracks. We detrain and have to walk across the tracks to the platform. We now have to wait for the next train. Now, it's raining, chilly, and it's dark out. The next train arrives and we all get on. There's only one problem. This train is going to DC. Yeah ok. I have to get off at Philadelphia and get a 3rd train to take me further out to PA. sigh.

Okay. I make it to Paoli at about 10:20ish PM. I get off the train and asked the conductor if he knew where I could get a cab. He told me that there are no cabs at this time because all cabs stop working at 10. He then asks, "are you from New York?" I said yeah and he said it's not like NY, honey. No $hit, I replied and we both laughed. Anyway, it's dark, raining, and windy. On my cell phone I stored a number for a Paoli Cab station that I got through the website. Yeah, it's disconnected. Sigh...what to do now.

I cross over to the Eastbound side where I find one of those little shuttle buses. It's showing that it's not in service but I walk up to the driver anyway and ask him if he knew of any cabs I can get. He said there aren't. He must've saw the look of despair on my face and offered to give me a ride. To hell with it, I jumped in. I told him I was going to the McIntosh.

He drives me to the McIntosh. I thanked him and paid him over the suggested fare of 60 cents (it was sheer luck that I found him when I did, otherwise I would've had to wait til after midnight to get in contact with TR who was at a UPA meeting!). Okay, I step into the McIntosh and give the girl my name. It's not in their reservation database. I said it can't be, I made the reservation back in November! She then gave me a quizzical look and suggested that perhaps I was registered in the McIntosh that's located in King of Prussia! Doh! I was in the wrong one!

She calls her Dad who happens to drive one of those shuttle service minivans. He gave me a ride to the right McIntosh. I check in, go to my room and settle in and it's about 11:30PM. At this point I'm starving since I last ate lunch at about 1 PM. Everything was kind of already closed so I had no choice but have one of those 20oz sodas for dinner.

The moral of this story? Never hitch a ride with a man you don't know! Nah, he was legit. Besides, I got a kick out of the laughs I got out of Rich and Cathy when I told them the story! LOL

9 Ball Girl~~~stay tuned for Wendy's next misadventures in a couple of months... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rich R.
03-25-2003, 06:39 AM
Don't take offense Wendy, but I am happy we do not travel together. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
03-25-2003, 07:01 AM
Just get to Norfolk International airport in September and someone will find you /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~Usually has a hiccup or 10 in the road

Wally_in_Cincy
03-25-2003, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Don't take offense Wendy, but I am happy we do not travel together. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know Rich. Sounds like tour guide is just what she needs.

No cabs after 10:00 pm? Sounds like a business opportunity just waiting. Or does the mob control that too?