PDA

View Full Version : "Don't Mess with Eric" vs "Fast Larry" at VF

Ross
03-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Ok, after watching the women play, I sought out Fast Larry's booth. Larry is doing some kind of demonstration. I here a voice to my left and lo and behold, there is Eric who I had the pleasure of meeting and playing against at the CCB US Open tourney. We exchanged pleasantries, and then Eric confided in me that he was planning to settle things with Larry. Eric was pretty worked up about Larry's previous comments, namely (I'm quoting this because it is relevant to interpreting the various events that ensued):

"Dear Eric da addict, who also lives with da Bozo, are you two faggots sweeties or sometin, did he ask you to jump in & try to help him out here. You post a tribute to drugs & your name is addict, let me see, I aint da sharpest knife in da kitchen , but even me can figure dis one out. I'll be in NYc after the Hopkins, maybe I'll drop in on use two at the faggot bird cage saloon where you two ferries work & have Max the Wonder Dog tear off your skirt of sometin like dat, don't mess with my wa, I dont like tail gunners. both of you two losers go drop dead.... Fast Larry"

Ok, as I said, Eric still wasn't taking kindly to those words. He had even brought bail money in case it was necessary. Gotta give the guy props for planning his mayhem!

When I found out had mad Eric still was, I wasn't sure what to do. On the one hand, I like Eric, so I felt I should say something to him. On the other hand I didn't really know him that well so I didn't want to overstep my bounds. I decided to say something, knowing that he was free to listen or not. In a nutshell, I just told him I didn't think that Larry's comments were worth getting that worked up over and that I thought a good outcome would be if Larry apologized, not that I thought that would ever happen. Then I butted out.

So Larry keeps demonstrating something, but being behind taller patrons (as I always am - that's why I'm looking forward to meeting CC. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) I had trouble making out what he was doing. He would take a shot every once in a while but I couldn't hear the accompanying patter. Eric keeps watching. I leave after awhile.

I come back a considerable time later and see that the proverbial shxx has hit the fan! Eric is right in Larry's face pointing his finger at him, vociferously challenging Larry to bring it on, to the amazement of a couple of lookers-on. Larry is trying to put a game face on it, and firmly holding his cue at his side. When I walk in its: Eric "Come on, point that finger at me. I dare you to!" repeatedly. Larry, "I am going to call security." Eric, "Go ahead, call them you ...." Larry, "I don't go to your place of work and interfere with you making a living." Eric, "You said you wanted me so here I am. What are you going to do now?" And so on- we all know the drill.

I tried to calm Eric down a bit. Others watching were a bit startled and also tried to calm both parties down. Finally, after a few minutes of this and it was clear that the conversation was not going to get better or worse, Eric decided he had had his say, parting with a last shot - "You are just a ....ing clown...." or some words to that effect. He walked away and that was the end of the bout.

I hung around a minute or two after Eric left. Larry started telling onlookers that it was lucky that Eric left when he did because he was about to let him have it.

By the way, Larry never did point that finger at Eric.

bluewolf
03-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Ross,

Thanks for clearing that up and giving us a ringside account. Sounds like there really was a fight, even if it was a words fight.

Laura

SpiderMan
03-25-2003, 05:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Ok, after watching the women play, I sought out Fast Larry's booth. Larry is doing some kind of demonstration. I here a voice to my left and lo and behold, there is Eric who I had the pleasure of meeting and playing against at the CCB US Open tourney. We exchanged pleasantries, and then Eric confided in me that he was planning to settle things with Larry. Eric was pretty worked up about Larry's previous comments, namely (I'm quoting this because it is relevant to interpreting the various events that ensued):

"Dear Eric da addict, who also lives with da Bozo, are you two faggots sweeties or sometin, did he ask you to jump in &amp; try to help him out here. You post a tribute to drugs &amp; your name is addict, let me see, I aint da sharpest knife in da kitchen , but even me can figure dis one out. I'll be in NYc after the Hopkins, maybe I'll drop in on use two at the faggot bird cage saloon where you two ferries work &amp; have Max the Wonder Dog tear off your skirt of sometin like dat, don't mess with my wa, I dont like tail gunners. both of you two losers go drop dead.... Fast Larry"

Ok, as I said, Eric still wasn't taking kindly to those words. He had even brought bail money in case it was necessary. Gotta give the guy props for planning his mayhem!

When I found out had mad Eric still was, I wasn't sure what to do. On the one hand, I like Eric, so I felt I should say something to him. On the other hand I didn't really know him that well so I didn't want to overstep my bounds. I decided to say something, knowing that he was free to listen or not. In a nutshell, I just told him I didn't think that Larry's comments were worth getting that worked up over and that I thought a good outcome would be if Larry apologized, not that I thought that would ever happen. Then I butted out.

So Larry keeps demonstrating something, but being behind taller patrons (as I always am - that's why I'm looking forward to meeting CC. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) I had trouble making out what he was doing. He would take a shot every once in a while but I couldn't hear the accompanying patter. Eric keeps watching. I leave after awhile.

I come back a considerable time later and see that the proverbial shxx has hit the fan! Eric is right in Larry's face pointing his finger at him, vociferously challenging Larry to bring it on, to the amazement of a couple of lookers-on. Larry is trying to put a game face on it, and firmly holding his cue at his side. When I walk in its: Eric "Come on, point that finger at me. I dare you to!" repeatedly. Larry, "I am going to call security." Eric, "Go ahead, call them you ...." Larry, "I don't go to your place of work and interfere with you making a living." Eric, "You said you wanted me so here I am. What are you going to do now?" And so on- we all know the drill.

I tried to calm Eric down a bit. Others watching were a bit startled and also tried to calm both parties down. Finally, after a few minutes of this and it was clear that the conversation was not going to get better or worse, Eric decided he had had his say, parting with a last shot - "You are just a ....ing clown...." or some words to that effect. He walked away and that was the end of the bout.

I hung around a minute or two after Eric left. Larry started telling onlookers that it was lucky that Eric left when he did because he was about to let him have it.

By the way, Larry never did point that finger at Eric. <hr /></blockquote>

Larry seems to be a whining clown. He attacks everyone on this forum, then claims to be the victim. Guess he's like most guys who sling mud while hiding behing the keyboard, never expecting to be confronted.

I notice Fran also stopped coming to Larry's defense once he started his daily running down of BCA instructors.

SpiderMan

qSHAFT
03-25-2003, 06:13 PM
If only Larry had the guts to point the finger! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
03-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Well, I'm just glad things didn't get out of hand that Larry would've called Security.

One of Allen's Security people at the Expo is my husband, Pete.

Barbara~~~whew! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Well, I hung out with Eric later that night during the money games. He told me the story, albeit he was calmer, but a funny story nonetheless when you hear it from the actual person. Especially with the hand gestures and the now infamous "cue against the chest ready to attack" position.

Anyway, I'm glad nothing physical came out of it. Besides, Eric, a couple of others and I were concentrating on the breaker, the racker, and the inevitable rack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve Lipsky
03-25-2003, 08:36 PM
OK, Wendy, I gotta know... what is this inside joke about the "breaker, the racker, and the rack"???!? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can hold my tongue no longer,
Steve

bluewolf
03-25-2003, 08:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
Larry seems to be a whining clown. He attacks everyone on this forum, then claims to be the victim. Guess he's like most guys who sling mud while hiding behing the keyboard, never expecting to be confronted.

I notice Fran also stopped coming to Larry's defense once he started his daily running down of BCA instructors.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I cannot speak for anyone else but I think that if i were an instructor, I would try to stay out of it.

Laura

bluewolf
03-25-2003, 08:45 PM
It has been very hard for me. I want to be supportive and kind but when people are fighting, it is hard to stay neutral. I do not know if I have done a very good job of this or not. I did not like the insults in either direction but I understand why people would feel the way that they do.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
03-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Ok. Since you asked:

On Saturday nite, Eric and I were standing at a very popular table watching the gambling and whatnot. Well, as you probably already know, the bets start flying around at the start of each game. So you'll hear "who's got the racker for $20?" or "who's got the breaker for $50?"--and the bets start rising and so on. Eric and I were standing at one end of the table and made nice with those that were around us.

At one point, this guy walks into the crowd with his girlfriend. The guy was a good player and his girlfriend had a nice looking "rack". She didn't have much in her trunk but compensated it with what she had in the front. Anyway, a wager ensued among us as to whether or not "they" were real. $10 was the bet, the girl who was near us insisted that the "rack" girl had help, I said I thought they were real, Eric said that the "rack" girl was probably wearing one of those "I can't believe they're mine" bras, another guy looked at mine and said mine were real (I politely thanked him for noticing /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif although they were covered up), and another guy told her to shimmy her shoulders for us. The "rack" girl didn't shimmy but she did confirm our doubts by telling us that "they" were real. I hadn't placed the bet but I think the girl that did lost $10. It was all in fun. The girl that lost the $10 said that the "rack" girl had what she had from grabbing it all from her a$$ and pulling it to the front! LOL It did look like a chalkboard back there but the girl was cute nonetheless. She kind of sort of resembled Ming Ng.

Ok. So now the "rack" girl's BF starts to rack as he's next to play. The shouting starts "who's got the breaker?" "who's got the racker", and then I think it was Eric that yelled out "the rack's got the racker!" You had to be there.

At one point I was wondering if she was there for distraction purposes because of the way she would move when she laughed. I didn't think so after a while but you never know...

So now you tell me, how was your little shingdig in Atlantic City? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy~~it must be jelly 'cause jam don't shake like that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
03-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Maybe it's a good thing you weren't there because someone with your hairpin-trigger temper would probably jumped right in and really got it going, and with your fighting skills the whole joint might have gotten wrecked before it was over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
03-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Fast Larry is going to have to take Sensitivity Training and Eric is going to have to go to Anger Management Class.

cycopath
03-25-2003, 11:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>At one point I was wondering if she was there for distraction purposes because of the way she would move when she laughed. I didn't think so after a while but you never know...<hr /></blockquote>My dad said one night during what he refers to as his "six year drunk" he was playng pool at a local bar, a real redneck joint out in the sticks, when he got involved in a money game. Dad got to the 8ball when the guy had his girlfriend go to the opposite end of the table and flash him. Dad said he just looked up at her as she was holding her shirt up high and said, "Hmm, I've seen better." stroked the shot and won the money.
Pretty funny.

bigbro6060
03-26-2003, 01:01 AM
Fill me in guys

a) Whose Eric ?

b) what's the beef between Eric and Larry about ?

c) why can't it be settled on a pool table ?

Hopster
03-26-2003, 02:45 AM
Dad got to the 8ball when the guy had his girlfriend go to the opposite end of the table and flash him. Dad said he just looked up at her as she was holding her shirt up high and said, "Hmm, I've seen better." stroked the shot and won the money. &lt;-----Cycopath

Now thats a classic !!! I would have loved to see their faces after he said that and pocketed the money ball.
Outstanding !!!!!!

bluewolf
03-26-2003, 05:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Maybe it's a good thing you weren't there because someone with your hairpin-trigger temper would probably jumped right in and really got it going, and with your fighting skills the whole joint might have gotten wrecked before it was over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You are right. Good thing I was not there. Not a situation that would have set off my temper but,I would have wanted to be a mediator and achieved peace in a situation where from all reports, there could be no peace.

Laura

bluewolf
03-26-2003, 05:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> Fill me in guys

&lt;a) Whose Eric ?&gt;

<font color="blue"> </font color> Eric is a ccber who I believe lives in the nyc area.

&lt;b) what's the beef between Eric and Larry about ?&gt;

<font color="blue"> </font color> Look at ross' post above. Why Larry called him gay, I do not know. Beyond my comprehension. I know though that Larry was confused by the titles and seemed to think that addict referred to a drug addict rather than a ccb designation relating to number of posts.

&lt;c) why can't it be settled on a pool table ? &gt;

<font color="blue"> </font color> Do not think that that would settle it. As my earlier conflicts here, the only thing that helped was time and ultimately apologys. But even that does not always helped wounds.

Like a story I heard.

'There was a young girl with a temper. For each time she lost her temper, she had to drive a nail into a certain tree. Once she got better control, she was allowed to remove one nail more each day that she did not lose her temper. Over time, all of the nails were removed. Her mother took her back to look at the tree to see that the scars remained and said "see, some damage cannot be repaired".

Unfortunately what we send out returns a hundred fold.It takes a very long time and lots of work even for good friends to get past such things and Larry and Eric are certainly not friends.

Laura

TomBrooklyn
03-26-2003, 05:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I would have wanted to be a mediator and achieved peace <hr /></blockquote>Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called daughters of God. Matthew 5:9

Steve Lipsky
03-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Hi Wendy. Thanks for the story. It's funny... as soon as Gina and Sharon got back from Valley Forge, they immediately told me about this girl (they know I like that stuff /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif), and whose girlfriend it was.

Speaking of which, at the bachelor party in AC, we go to this strip club - and apparently in AC (of all places!) there is a law about no nudity at all! Here we are, paying good money, and they ain't showing anything! I knew I was in trouble when one of the girls got on stage in a big bathing suit. She did this slow striptease, finally removing her bathing suit, revealing... a smaller bathing suit.

But the tables in AC were kind (quite rare), so now I can fulfill my goal of winning money in AC to lose in Vegas in May. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

- Steve

SpiderMan
03-26-2003, 09:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Maybe it's a good thing you weren't there because someone with your hairpin-trigger temper would probably jumped right in and really got it going, and with your fighting skills the whole joint might have gotten wrecked before it was over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

And the dishes, let's not forget BW's "flying saucer" tendencies /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Steve Lipsky
03-26-2003, 09:12 AM
Cycopath, great story. I think your dad would've really made a point had he said, "Gee, I get to win your money AND see your girlfriend's t--s?! I'm coming back to this place!"

LOL,
Steve

Popcorn
03-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Why are you so compelled to perpetuate this thing. It did not involve you at all, you did not witness what happened, yet you repeatedly post about it. Leave it between them. When Larry returns I am sure he will have something to say and let us just stay out of it, it is between them. This is like your fifth or sixth post on the subject.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-26-2003, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Why are you so compelled ....... <hr /></blockquote>

I think she may be compulsive /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-26-2003, 10:30 AM
That's hilarious. Oh the pictures I have in my mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This can't be the first time in Larry's life that this has happened, with his abrasive nature and all. You would think a feller would learn something after all those years. I guess not.

Wally~~eagerly awaiting Larry's return...I think

Eric.
03-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Yes it happened. Ross' account is pretty accurate. I'm hoping this will end here. Unless...

Eric

bluewolf
03-26-2003, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Maybe it's a good thing you weren't there because someone with your hairpin-trigger temper would probably jumped right in and really got it going, and with your fighting skills the whole joint might have gotten wrecked before it was over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

And the dishes, let's not forget BW's "flying saucer" tendencies /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Ohhh!!! I can see that I will never live that one down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura

cheesemouse
03-26-2003, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Why are you so compelled ....... <hr /></blockquote>

I think she may be compulsive /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHA...HOCHHHHHHHOCHHHHHHH...HAAAAAAAHAAAAAA ...Geezzzz H Christ...I gotta catch my breath.

Thanks for the laugh Wally....nothing personal Laura, I just thought that was funny..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
03-26-2003, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
One of Allen's Security people at the Expo is my husband, Pete.

Barbara~~~whew! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely reason enough to TOW the line! LOL

Scott ~ loves Pete, and knows he is a big teddy bear...but would NOT want to meet him in a dark alley! LOL

bluewolf
03-26-2003, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Why are you so compelled ....... <hr /></blockquote>

I think she may be compulsive /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHA...HOCHHHHHHHOCHHHHHHH...HAAAAAAAHAAAAAA ...Geezzzz H Christ...I gotta catch my breath.

Thanks for the laugh Wally....nothing personal Laura, I just thought that was funny..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

With al the quotes of quotes of quotes, it is hard to know what I am laughing at, the plate the posts, whatever...laughing too.

Laura

Barbara
03-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Scott, did I totally miss you you or were you not there? Any time I went by Samsara I looked for you.

Barbara

Scott Lee
03-26-2003, 11:28 AM
Barbara...Sadly, this was the first expo for me, where I didn't spend the WHOLE 4 days there. Due to scheduling conflicts, I left Chicago on Friday, taught a lesson in Cleveland Friday night, and drove all night to King of Prussia, arriving late Sat. morning. I had lessons all day in Downingtown and Frazer (both rooms are great places to play, and teach!), and by the time I checked in at VF, the booths were closed, and the amateur events were over. I did watch some of the action downstairs for a bit, and made a couple hour appearance at JR's party upstairs in the hotel! I am MOST distressed that I did not get a chance to share in your pecans again! BOOHOO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif( They are, as everyone knows...DA Bomb! LOL Early Sunday morning, I had to leave VF and drive down to Washington, for an all day lesson! Consequently, I saw few of my CCB friends this year! Next year, I will be back for the whole show! LOL

Hope to see you and Pete in Vegas next month!

Scott

Barbara
03-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Scott,

Pete and I are going to miss Vegas this year. He needs a REAL vacation, so we're going on a cruise.

I missed JR's party, too. The matches were over around 1 am and I needed to get to bed.

Barbara

Voodoo Daddy
03-26-2003, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Yes it happened. Ross' account is pretty accurate. I'm hoping this will end here. Unless...

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

If "unless" happens...I got your back bro /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif...coast to coast!!