PDA

View Full Version : Thank you guys

03-26-2003, 08:37 AM
I have been stalking around these boards since i started playing pool about six months ago, and i have learned alot formed alot of theory and tested it. I have gone from a lucasi cue to a falcon to a J.O. custom sneaky pete. I have evolved from shooting balls and hoping, to shooting balls and making them, to shooting balls knowing i have to get out so my oponent does not run out on me. I have gone from being spotted the 3 ball in a race with the ghost to the 7 ball and some times the nine. I have gone from 1 dollar ring games hoping to get lucky to races to 3 for 20, hoping to keep all of the guys from bill and billys, the green room, drexeline, hot shots and, q stix in there chair. I have gone from staying in dover to driving to baltimore to play pool all night, only to sleep for 2 hours to be up for work at 8. The whole time trying to find more competition while playing the ghost 3 and 4 hour a day and finally getting what I want, some one whole can put 3 and 4 racks together asking me to travel around to tournaments with him. I am planing to travel around this summer just playing pool all the time. Lastly i would like to know do we have any ccber's around baltimore, philadelphia, wilmington,laurel,dover area. I will travel i would like to meet some of you guys if any of you know of any nice pool rooms I may not have visited. nice pool halls in pa md de va thanks guys, I would really like to meet up with some of you guys. Thanks in advance.

Chris aka Cecil

Deeman
03-26-2003, 08:53 AM
Lucas,

If you don't mind a short drive, we have Ivory's in York, PA. about an hour north of Baltimore as well as Diamond Billiards in Lancaster, PA.

As well, there is a nice tournament every first Saturday in the month at Findley's a little outside of York. This one is on bar boxes but the competition is excellent. The other two rooms are nine footers and Ivory has a nice little nine ball tournament every Sunday at 1:00p.m. race to 7, double elimination with a $15 entry fee. A mix of player skills but a nice group.

Let us know when you will be in the area. Will be happy to hit a few with you.

Dee

03-26-2003, 09:25 AM
I apreciate the offer, what type of tables what type of cloth condition and is there decent action?

Deeman
03-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Brunswicks at Ivory Billiard Room in York, some 760 and some 860 cloth there but not that well maintained. You can always find a few good tables there. Diamond's in Lancaster is much better, looks like 860 but I have only watched a tournament there. Tables are very well kept but pockets have a slightly funny angled cut, no problem I would think, if you allow for it on rail shots.

No shortage of action. If you have only played for 6 months and are playing for the level ($$) you stated, you will have plenty of takers here. Nine ball is the game here. Some of us play a lot of one pocket. There are some good players here, strong "B" and weak "A". I won't steer you as I don't do that /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif but will show you the players. You'll just have to figure them out for yourself. After all, we all do, don't we?

I'll be happy to match up with you myself. I play a little... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dee

03-26-2003, 09:50 AM
I have been playing 6 months but keep in mind that my normal playing parters are apa 7s, Josh Brothers(3 time valley forge under 18 champ) and others in his group of friends. needless to say i got in with a good group. I play roughly 4 to 5 hours a day. Anything i do gets commitment. I do not how ever play apa yet so i do not know my handycap (srry im 18). There will always be takers on action but guys honestly whats 20 bucks. You jsut have to know when you are in a bad game. So just hit me back i would apprectiate it.