PDA

View Full Version : Cushion's

Terry
03-26-2003, 12:34 PM
What is the best/good glue to use on the cushions? Their are a couple of spots where my cushions came unglued. Should I reglue the whole cushion or try and glue the spots that have come loose? Thanks, Terry

Rod
03-26-2003, 12:41 PM
All I've ever seen used is a quality grade of contact cement. If the cushion is still good it would be in your best interest to reglue the whole cushion. All of the old glue will have to be cleaned off both sides.

~~~ rod, not a table mechanic but then ------

John G
03-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Contact cement

Paul_Mon
03-26-2003, 12:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Terry:</font><hr> What is the best/good glue to use on the cushions? Their are a couple of spots where my cushions came unglued. Should I reglue the whole cushion or try and glue the spots that have come loose? Thanks, Terry <hr /></blockquote>

I've had excellent results using Barge contact cement. Look for the yellow and red can with a Polar bear on it. I think that Mueller's sells it too. I've had no luck at all trying to reglue a cushion. Had to replace the rubber.

Paul Mon

Terry
03-26-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi Paul, The table is only six months old so I hope not to do anything that require new cushions. I got the table in sept. from the Canadian 9 ball Championships, so I don't have a warranty. Thanks, Terry

rackboyut
03-26-2003, 01:58 PM
I have been fixing tables for about 6 years. I would definately say use Barge Contact cement. Muellers has the stuff, so do a few home repair places, just can't remember which ones off hand. Depending on how big the seperation is will depend on if you need to take the whole rubber off or not. If the break is small (less than 2 inches), you can use a syringe and squirt it into the break. Make sure you align the rubber and apply pressure so it stays in the proper place. This is best done with the cloth off, but i have accomplished this task by using a needle in the syringe and going through the cloth. Although i would recommend taking the rail cloth off just in case. If the break is longer than about 2 inches i would say pull the rail cloth, pull the entire rubber and replace it. That is the best solution for a perfect fix.