PDA

View Full Version : Pool School After Valley Forge

9 Ball Girl
03-26-2003, 11:07 PM
As you all may already know, there was another Pool School held on Monday and Tuesday after the Super Billiards Expo. The instructors this time around were Tony Robles, Ralf Souquet, and Nick Varner.

All I can say is that this Pool School was successful--yet again--and everyone was thrilled both with the instructors and with the knowledge they walked away with. Charlie, it seems that you're moving in the right direction with this and can only wish even more success on the next one. The next batch of instructors is definitely going to be a treat. Keep up the excellent work!

Wendy<---the UPA's newest member /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

sneakypapi
03-27-2003, 12:59 AM
I noticed you had some comments regarding the Valley Forge pool school, I was unclear if you attended this school and what were the total number of students there? I did read some information regarding the program and it originally had Johnny Archer as a teacher (at least I believe) then the teaching staff had changed. Do you know if Archer was on the schedule at first? Also, do you feel a program like this is beneficial in the long run, I assume a person must have regular access to a pool table and practice regularly to make a progrm like this work? By the way cute pic, I bet it would be fun to bring you to a bar a duke some friends for fun and hustle on the side LOL (I live in NJ) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bluewolf
03-27-2003, 05:33 AM
Are you serious, wendy? The upa lets in women? How much does it cost?

Laura

9 Ball Girl
03-27-2003, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sneakypapi:</font><hr> I was unclear if you attended this school and what were the total number of students there?<hr /></blockquote>
I did not attend the school and I probably would've had I not had to go back to work! (I left Valley Forge on Monday morning). I'm not sure how many students there were but I do know that it was a full house.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sneakypapi:</font><hr>I did read some information regarding the program and it originally had Johnny Archer as a teacher (at least I believe) then the teaching staff had changed. Do you know if Archer was on the schedule at first?<hr /></blockquote>

Johnny Archer was on the schedule at first but I think there might've been a scheduling conflict.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sneakypapi:</font><hr>Also, do you feel a program like this is beneficial in the long run, I assume a person must have regular access to a pool table and practice regularly to make a progrm like this work?<hr /></blockquote>

I definitely think a program like this is beneficial in the long run for both the student and the instructors. It's definitely positive exposure for the instructors. And as far as the students are concerned, I'm sure they have access to a pool table, whether it be in their homes or at a poolhall. I'm sure the students are players like us that are looking to further their game and sure, practicing is what makes it work but that goes for anything you set out to do. In pool, I think persistence is the key.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sneakypapi:</font><hr>By the way cute pic, I bet it would be fun to bring you to a bar a duke some friends for fun and hustle on the side LOL (I live in NJ) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks. Yeah, I can see it now. I walk into a bar with pigtails carrying my cuecase that reads "My First Cue"! LOL I've turned down similar offers from my coworkers! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-27-2003, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Are you serious, wendy? The upa lets in women? How much does it cost?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>Not all women. They let me in. I've got connections, you see. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just kidding

Actually, you can go here http://www.upatour.org/membership/join.htm but you have to be playing at least at an SL 5. Just kidding again /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve Lipsky
03-27-2003, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Actually, you can go here http://www.upatour.org/membership/join.htm but you have to be playing at least at an SL 5.<hr /></blockquote>

ROTFLMAO, Wendy!

Fred Agnir
03-27-2003, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> http://www.upatour.org/membership/join.htm[/url] but you have to be playing at least at an SL 5. Just kidding again /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps,

Fred

Eric.
03-27-2003, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Are you serious, wendy? The upa lets in women? How much does it cost?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>Not all women. They let me in. I've got connections, you see. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just kidding

Actually, you can go here http://www.upatour.org/membership/join.htm but you have to be playing at least at an SL 5. Just kidding again /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>