PDA

View Full Version : I just learned the best game...

Yuppie
03-26-2003, 11:50 PM
it's called cribbage! Anyone else like to play it?

Popcorn
03-26-2003, 11:54 PM
Very old game, I played it a lot years ago. In fact along with straight pool it was one of the first games I learned to play. It is fun when you run out, you feel like you really did something, not like nineball.

bigbro6060
03-27-2003, 02:06 AM
Details/rules mate ???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

03-27-2003, 03:37 AM
You try to pocket two balls totalling 15 points in each turn at the table. Like no. 7 on the first stroke and then no. 8 on the second. It's a fun game.

I wish anybody here played somthing else than 9ball, even once in a lifetime.

bluewolf
03-27-2003, 05:25 AM
Scott gave me a game.

I hope he wont mind me telling it.

At each pocket are two balls frozen in front of the center of the pocket. In the center of the table are 3 balls frozen pointed at the short rails. The objective is to see how many tries it takes to get all of the balls in. If you miss , one ball gets spotted back in the middle.

Laura

Fred Agnir
03-27-2003, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> Details/rules mate ???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>http://www.nmt.edu/~billiard/house_rules/cribbage.html

Yuppie
03-27-2003, 11:38 AM
The rules on the link posted above aren't complete.

Basically, it goes like this:

2 players attempting to score points, 8 points total. Legal points are 2 balls whose numbers add up to 15, 15 ball is one point and is sunk last.

Player must shoot at object ball and either pocket object ball or cue ball or object ball must contact a rail. After successfully pocketing object ball (no combinations or billiards), player must then pocket the complement ball (other ball whose number when added to previous object ball will add up to 15). If the second object ball is not pocketed, the first object ball is spotted at foot spot and play continues.

On a foul, incoming player can play the CB where it lies or ball in hand behind the headstring.

It's a really fun game and it makes you think the whole time and play really good position.

Fred Agnir
03-27-2003, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yuppie:</font><hr> The rules on the link posted above aren't complete.

Basically, it goes like this:<hr /></blockquote>The rules linked are the same rules in the BCA Official Rules book. Everything apart from those rules are local variations.

Fred