PDA

View Full Version : MISSED SHOTS

03-27-2003, 05:54 AM
Just a quick poll please.

When a shot is missed, is it generally because:

A. The aim point was wrong and hit.

-or-

B. The aim point was right but missed.

At first, there may appear to be little difference, but I believe ones own approach to missing fewer shots depends on knowing which case is more true for them.

bluewolf
03-27-2003, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TEXTBOOK:</font><hr> Just a quick poll please.

-or-

At first, there may appear to be little difference, but I believe ones own approach to missing fewer shots depends on knowing which case is more true for them. <hr /></blockquote>

A. and usually used to either stroke imperfections or an eye dominance issue ie-aiming what looks to be centerball when it is 1/2 right. recently having to compensate for that one.

Laura

Ken
03-27-2003, 06:40 AM
You voted "A" and described "B".

Popcorn
03-27-2003, 07:03 AM
If I understand your question right, I think everybody knows where they want to hit the ball. I could not imagine missing a ball because I made a perfect hit on the wrong spot on the ball. For a beginning player, they may think they made a good hit and missed, but, it is sometimes difficult to get the concept of the edge of the balls. They aim at the spot but get a different hit and don't realize it or understand what happened. In pool you are not shooting at a moving target, but you do have a moving delivery system, and that is where all the problems develop.

Predator314
03-27-2003, 07:20 AM
In my case, it's a fundamental error such as raising my head up or a bad stroke (no follow thru, or just pushing the ball instead of stroking it).

03-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Often I know I missed it right after I hit the cueball.

Under high pressure, when I lose the feel for the shot, having no scientific formula for the exact point hit, I start calculating it approximately... and miss.

So mostly B, sometimes A.

Fred Agnir
03-27-2003, 09:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TEXTBOOK:</font><hr> Just a quick poll please.

-or-

At first, there may appear to be little difference, but I believe ones own approach to missing fewer shots depends on knowing which case is more true for them. <hr /></blockquote>
C. Because I suck.

Fred &lt;~~~ thinks both A &amp; B in equal proportions, mixed with a little grenadine

bluewolf
03-27-2003, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> You voted "A" and described "B". <hr /></blockquote>

Yep. You are right. LOL

Laura

thepoolnerd
03-27-2003, 07:58 PM
don't forget D: because you were thinking about A, B or C when you pulled the trigger.

EZMark
03-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Any one can draw a line from the pocket opening so that is not the problem, practice your stroke make sure nothing moves except the shooting arm, then only from the elbow down with the stick going straigt thru to your target this sounds simple but it takes much practice. Find an instructer in your area he will help you with this move and give you some drills that will help.Thnx EZMark

snipershot
03-27-2003, 09:04 PM
I usually miss because I pull my head up to fast, it's a terrible habit of mine and it's pointed out to me frequently, I'm trying to fix it though and it's not as much of a problem as in the past.

Oh yeah, alcohol is also a very common factor in why I miss shots /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfsburg2
03-30-2003, 07:52 AM
i miss because of a and b, and a bit of c(alchohol)