PDA

View Full Version : Lines Heard in a Pool Hall

Perk
03-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Now that cheesemouse has my thoughts on lines heard in a pool room/bar, I thought we should discuss it. I am interested in any lines that are frequently used or unique to your area. Maybe I can use a new line around here that you Texans use..:)

I will start with a few:

1. Not gonna say a name, but a shooter that plays in alot of pro tourneys and is extremly good was up at a northern michigan tourney. He was the only pro player around although some high caliber players were there and he says during the calcutta for final 8 in 9ball--"Of course I am gonna win, I am the best damn player in the house". (He didnt win)
2. "Everyone has the nutz here!"
3. "Havent played since the last time I saw ya" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
4. "How ya hittin em? Shitty. Play some?"
5. "Man, you couldnt runout the door!"

Just a couple to get started...

John G
03-27-2003, 02:55 PM
A couple that come to mind. several years ago two guys were playing one pocket, one looks at the other and says,"Mr Gable I think I'll put em up table". A couple of shots later the other fellow says back " Well Mr Brown I think I'll bring em back down".

Jersy red was bantering with some player about one pocket abilities and was heard to say " You couldn't find your pocket with an indian scout". I wasn't there and I don't remember who the other player was.

Predator314
03-27-2003, 03:13 PM
I love it when a cue ball is rolling towards a pocket and the opposing play blurts "Scratch his ass!"

I wasn't aware that it itched /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UWPoolGod
03-27-2003, 03:24 PM
After this guy dropped $500, $100/set 9-ball, to Jennifer Chen when she was in town...he said "You know, you connect the dots very well...but you still don't have a clue what this game is about." She proceeded to take him for another $500. HEHEHEHE

9 Ball Girl
03-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Not exactly in a pool room but while I was in Valley Forge, I don't know if Eric heard this one, and I forgot what the stakes were, all I remember was that the CB was about to scratch when one of the gamblers yelled out, "Suck His D***!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

heater451
03-27-2003, 03:56 PM
I can't remember if I've posted this in the past--but then again, this topic comes up every now and again. . . .

And, it doesn't actually count as a "line", but I was once playing next to some kids, when one of them made a shot that he was really proud of, so he turned to his cohorts and blurted out, "Damn, JUST like Fats Domino!"

===================

curt
03-27-2003, 05:12 PM
That was Ginky yelling that

9 Ball Girl
03-27-2003, 06:03 PM
Really? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I could've sworn it was another guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif It definitely had me ROFLMAO--albeit a little red in the face but LOL nonetheless. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy~~I stand corrected

thepoolnerd
03-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Good topic. I have quite a few, one in particular comes to mind. There were a couple of guys playing next to me awhile back that I didn't know at the time. They were foreign and played decent and I assumed they were Filipinos. I asked, "Where are you from?" "Vietnam.", one said.
I asked, "Do they shoot pool over there?" The other guy looked at me and said, "In Vietnam, they don't shoot pool, they shoot guns." Funny at the time.
(No disrespect intended, not making light of wartime.)

Tom_In_Cincy
03-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Then there is the Scott Lee one liner..

"I know why you missed the shot.............

there's no pocket there"

Barbara
03-27-2003, 08:43 PM
One time I was watching a one pocket match (gee, what else do they play here?) between these two guys I know and the one guy got BIH, lined up, and missed the shot. I said to the other guy, "He had a tough angle."

Barbara~~~ducked, too...

jbullerjr
03-27-2003, 09:05 PM
I have said...

after missing a vary easy shot, I look at my cue and say
"I swear I gonna section this thing into four pieces and paint it white!!!"

after getting a few rolls in a match
my opponent "Guess it better to be lucky than good."
me "Damn right!!! Don't have to practice."

playing a cocky little punk the other night, he plays a safe (a good one, but not realy nessecary), I have to hit and hope, make one and runout
him "You got lucky, I thought I had you."
me "You did, untill you let me shoot."

q4summit
03-27-2003, 11:40 PM
Not from a poolhall (persay) but from Poolhall Junkies.. a few quotes.

"The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket...It's about how you move. And I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. I mean, hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was...He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me."

"Bet 20k" everyone goes silent "Oh, did I stutter? Everybody gone all quiet and [censored]? About a minute ago it was like an evening at the Apollo up in this motherfucker, now all of a sudden it's quiet as a church...That's alright Chico, I don't blame you. I've been beatin' this Jimmy Walker lookin' motherfucker all god damn night, he can't win."

"You sure as hell don't wanna watch me play pool. Unless, of course, I'm blind folded and hand cuffed with a pool cue stickin' out of my ass. Or maybe you'd bet the twenty thousand then?"

Marc

Mike H
03-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Speaking of famous Tacony one-hole lines.....one day a couple years ago, I was matched up with Forty in one-hole, and in one of the early games, we were down to the last ball, I banked it toward my hole and hung it up. Phila. Joey calls me over and says, "You know why you missed that ball, young man? 'Cause you're AFRAID TO WIN!!!"

Eric.
03-28-2003, 10:06 AM
It was kinda funny! Actually, the person that said it probably got it from Ginky.

Ginky was saying "Suck it" to the pocket(telling the pocket to suck the cueball on the other guys break). I guess the guy that heard Ginky say that decided to come up with a new expression /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Some people kill me.

Eric >"...when you're a stranger, faces look ugly..."

Paul_Mon
03-28-2003, 10:33 AM
One of my favorites, after making a lucky shot and hearing "you got lucky". The comeback is "The more I practice the luckier I get"

Barbara
03-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Okay Mike, you'll have to intro yourself to me.

In that match I was watching Gus D playing Art Cantando. I was riding Gus like a circus pony! Oh man! He can't wait to get back at me!! HEHE!!

Barbara~~~gotta see Jimmy H about a tourny...

Rich R.
03-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Many years ago, I was watching a money match, between a pro player and an excellent amateur. There was a little weight involved.

The pro player was playing really well that day, even for him.

As the pro was walking around the table, from one shot to the next, he stopped dead in his tracks, looked up and said, "If you come down half-way, I'll spot you the eight."
Then without hesitation, he continued playing.

You had to be there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stick8
03-28-2003, 02:10 PM
I saw a match race to 5-$100 the guy breaks and runs 5 racks turns, and ask the guy does he wont to play another, the guy replies, I need a spot!the reply was I cant spot you I have never seen you shoot!!!!LOLO LOL STICK

Drake
03-29-2003, 06:49 AM
After playing a bad match and losing enough money just to piss himself off....he yells "I couldn't PLAY dead in a Western!!"

Shawn Putnam was here running out every time he got to the table. He makes a hard shot that his opponent left him and comes up way short for his next shot,two strokes and slams the seven in the corner pocket and then goes way to far for shape on the eight,then he back cuts the Eight ball and gets straight in on the Nine ball.....Looks at his opponent and says dead serious..."Shape is for Sissys!!".

There is one guy here locally who nobody really likes to play because he runs his mouth so much when he's losing. However,He does shoot a good game. After him trying to match up for about two hours with everybody one friday night...He stands up on a stool and yells "A one legged hooker gets more action than me!!"

Vapros
03-29-2003, 08:41 AM
I watched a long match several years ago in which one player was about $2500 down to a guy who was making periodic trips to the bathroom. After seeing his opponent complete another tough runout, the loser grumbled "I ought to quit on you and let you stay awake the next three days for nothing!!"

thepoolnerd
03-29-2003, 09:01 AM
The book McGoorty is packed with classic lines. I like his take on golf. "Maybe golf would be okay if you could leave your ball between the other guys and the cup to snooker him. Or if they let you use croquet rules, where you can knock his ball down in the f%^&ing gulch, then maybe it would be worth some attention."

Brady_Behrman
03-29-2003, 09:07 AM
I couldnt get out of a wet Paper Bag!

"That was Luck"

Player 1 says "I am out"
Player 2 says "Out the Back Door"

Cue ball is heading to pocket and oponent says "Let him in, He's a close personal friend of mine"

TO ALL: If you wanna hear the best of the best lines..WATCH Keith McCready..Maybe he'll post some of his award winning lines...Keith is the funnies player I have ever seen..You shoulda seen him playing Little Alex one hole at derby 2003..

Deeman
03-29-2003, 09:59 AM
A friend used to say, "The only way you are gonna run that table is to take your shoes off and climb up on it!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jimmy Mendoza
03-30-2003, 04:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> One of my favorites, after making a lucky shot and hearing "you got lucky". The comeback is "The more I practice the luckier I get" <hr /></blockquote>

I like the comeback, "I'm lucky to be playing you!"

wolfsburg2
03-30-2003, 07:59 AM
lines often used

after missing:-how did that stay out
-call a cop you were robbed

after making it:-who is he and where does he come from