PDA

View Full Version : New pool balls for table?

Perk
03-27-2003, 01:53 PM
I have a 7' valley bar box. Ordered Simonis_860 felt, and am currently deciding which balls to purchase. I am looking at Aramath's. Of Premier, Premium, or Super Aramaths, which would probably be better? Is the difference justifyable with the differences in price?

Fred Agnir
03-27-2003, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> I have a 7' valley bar box. Ordered Simonis_860 felt, and am currently deciding which balls to purchase. I am looking at Aramath's. Of Premier, Premium, or Super Aramaths, which would probably be better? Is the difference justifyable with the differences in price? <hr /></blockquote>I'm a fan of either Super Pro Aramiths or Brunswick Centennials, both made by the same company.

I'm also a fan of buying balls from http://www.billiardsexpress.com

Fred

Perk
03-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Wow..that billiardexpress is considerably cheaper than all the other ones I have been looking at. The SuperPro Aramaths after shipping (8.00) total 132.00...I am gonna check some more..but thats definately worth it.

What is the difference btwn the SuperPro and the Premium besides money..TIA

Brent
03-27-2003, 04:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> I have a 7' valley bar box. Ordered Simonis_860 felt, and am currently deciding which balls to purchase. I am looking at Aramath's. Of Premier, Premium, or Super Aramaths, which would probably be better? Is the difference justifyable with the differences in price? <hr /></blockquote>I'm a fan of either Super Pro Aramiths or Brunswick Centennials, both made by the same company.

I'm also a fan of buying balls from http://www.billiardsexpress.com

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Hmm Centennials are also made by Saluc (aramith) ??? I didnt know that. anyway pro or no pro aramith rocks. I also got aramiths (continental).

03-27-2003, 10:55 PM
I have the Brunswick Centennials. They're beautiful, and have a nostalgic style. They are made for Brunswick by Aramith, so I'm sure quality is identical.

Fred Agnir
03-28-2003, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brent:</font><hr>
Hmm Centennials are also made by Saluc (aramith) ??? I didnt know that. anyway pro or no pro aramith rocks. I also got aramiths (continental). <hr /></blockquote>Yup. IIRC, Saluc manufactures the Super Pro and the Centennials to the same specifications.

Those that have Centennials with a blue dot cueball, that set was probably made in the USA (Hyatt).

The Saluc-made Centennials have the dark blue circle cueball.

Fred

Fred Agnir
03-28-2003, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> What is the difference btwn the SuperPro and the Premium besides money..TIA <hr /></blockquote>Aesthetic design? Other than that, it does seem like the Super Pros get a different bounce (both action and sound) compared to Premiums/Crowns. Could be in my head. I'll drink about it.

Fred