PDA

View Full Version : Billiards in the News

Tom_In_Cincy
03-27-2003, 08:15 PM
A well known promoter going to jail..

http://www.pilotonline.com/breaking/br0327ber.html

snipershot
03-27-2003, 09:11 PM
That sure doesn't look good on the game. Why does it seem nothing good about our sport never makes it into the news?

This guy has some serious problems he needs to take care of and he'll have plenty of time to think about them in jail.
His home is valued at over $600,000 /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, with that kind of money it's not hard to see how he developed a cocaine addiction, he probably has more money than he knows what to do with.

Popcorn
03-27-2003, 10:34 PM
You know what is funny, it is just as easy to run a nice clean business, pay your tax's, as it is to do all that BS. Most people here would be very happy to own his pool room and run a nice honest business, pay their bills, pay their tax's and so on. He won't appreciate what he had till he loses it all, which it sounds like he is on his way to doing. Most peoples problems from being to fat, to money problems are almost always their own doing. I am not quick to feel sorry for people, but I wish him well anyway.

L.S. Dennis
03-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same guy who puts on the long standing annual US Open? If so what does this mean for the future of that tournament?

Wally_in_Cincy
03-28-2003, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same guy who puts on the long standing annual US Open?

<font color="blue">yes </font color>

If so what does this mean for the future of that tournament? <hr /></blockquote>

hopefully his son Brady will take over if his dad is in jail.